Version 20.02 - General Feedback

Instead of blaming your intended prey, maybe you need better hunting skills? :thinking:

1 Like

From someone who is living in wormhole space for more than 10 years, rarely have I seen a post this accurate. Thank you!

The filament changes are amazing. This is finally something that will genuinely benefit the health of the wormhole ecosystem. Thank you very much

Please, make the blinking no skill training icon stop blinking! (And allow the smaller NEOCOM). It is maddening! (And the inability to turn it off is just wrong).

Bummer about the filaments in Wormhole space, but I didnā€™t think theyā€™d work there anyway and never got around to trying. But love filaments, one of the best ideas for sure, definitely spices things up.

Then why has the HAC meta been completely stagnant for half a decade now?

2 Likes

What do hunting skills have to do with anything? Whereā€™s a blame? I simply said that you have to do nothing else but wear your timer down and then you can peace out. Not having filaments to do that would require actual effort from people like finding wormholes, finding uncamped gates, finding wormholes in different systems, logging off after timers are over, burning around. Filaments remove all of this and make it too easy to get in and out. Casualization that removes consequences for actions.

REDNES

You seemed to be saying it is unfair that after 15 minutes your opponent(s) can filament away.

Iā€™m saying that if you canā€™t locate, engage, and destroy your target in 15 minutes the fault isnā€™t because of the filaments.

Can I just say, the recent introduction of an annoying warning sign that you are not training in skills is highly distracting when you are an alpha-state pilot.

Is there any way of turning it off?

of course cause constant rewarping and making new safes doesnt existā€¦ oh w8 it does

Thatā€™s my point.

Your prey can evade you for 15 minutes. If you canā€™t track them down and re-engage in that time itā€™s not the fault of the filaments.

Might as well just keep the gates perpetually locked too after an engagementā€¦they might make a dash for the gate and get out.

Turn on ā€œHideā€ for the neocom. But thatā€™s a work around.

1 Like

I found a workaround.
If you happen to have a backup of your core_user_.dat that had the smaller neocom width you can just restore it.
Those large annoying icons on neocom are gone for now!

4 Likes

Sure, and it still allows a hostile gang to safe-log after their aggression timers drop. Itā€™s not like anyone needs to be in-game to coordinate the re-log, and if they brought their fleet in without having a single cloaky scanner-alt safed up in system, they deserve all the things that await people foolish enough to use numbers instead of letters :stuck_out_tongue:

if they make a dash for the gate you can bouble it and tackle them. If they keep rewarping they are basicli safe there is no way to probe them on every point and warp there in time to reengage.

ERGO IF YOU ARE NOT TOTAL NOOB YOU CAN ESCAPE WHIT 0 THREAT

1 Like

SAFE LOG take 30s you can cath them in that time. Needlejack take exactli 0 second.

Easiest solution whud be make the NEEDLE JACK TRACE warpable whit 30s timer to jump that break if somebody engage

That whud force people to fight or leave other dangerous ways

1 Like

Safe log can be done by each of them, individually. Needlejacks need everyone to gather back up, and if some of them are slow, you can catch the others real easy.

dude most of the people are not stupidā€¦ If your argument is people are dumb then no some people are dumb but mostli they all move together and fast.

A) Dude, most people are complete idiots.

B) There are always people whoā€™ll have crappier nav skills, or start moving before the next fleet warp, and end up aligning slowly. Over multiple fleet warps, those guys either slow everyone else down, or they get left behind as soon as they arenā€™t out of warp when the next fleet warp hits. Iā€™d say ā€˜donā€™t be stupidā€™ about that, but see (A).

Had bad information. This change is garbage.

Ice belts not despawning again. No ice in belt, signature still there. Rip

1 Like