Version 20.02 - General Feedback

The size of the NeoCom is configurable by pointing and dragging the border

The size of the NeoCom is configurable by pointing and dragging the border

if you even move it, it is larger than it was and you cannot minimize it…

1 Like

I don’t care what CCP thinks of Alphas, I think I’m paying for electricity and hardware someone else is using for free.

Neither. It means ‘shut up and give us the money we’re entitled to, maggot’.

But the new minimal width is larger than the previous minimal width. Consequently making the icons on the Neocom larger. Consequently fitting a smaller number of icons there. I can no longer fit everything I need on my Neocom. I have to click a damn arrow at the bottom for the hidden icons. Not to mention the Neocom looks too large in relation to everything else.

Just put the old minimal size back. There was no need to mess with that little value.

4 Likes

Pls remove a reserve bank at all - if all isk in main bank it will be worth stealing it (or defending). Scanning 4 keys is a time waste plus risking an 4+ Bil battleships … Really bad idea.

15 minutes of warping around celestials or save spots is not really effort to get out, is it now? Especially if you can just zoom around in the ESS and can’t be warped to.

REDNES

It’s a nice meme, but it only shows your lack of understanding for the game. An Ishtar primarily chain running hubs, rock havens, ring sanctums in a 100% BRM system makes 18m-20m per tick (20mins) so up to 60m/hour before taxes, around 54m/hour net to their wallet assuming 10% tax. The current 30% floor means 16m/hour net. Yes there are some systems over 100%, but not many and generally you won’t be able to chain run anoms as you’ll be competing for the decent ones with others and will tank the BRM quickly as the system relies on PVP to recover - PVP which isn’t happening as the game seems to have more PVE centric players than PVP at this point in its life.

Above also assumes ESS isn’t robbed.

Now let’s compare that to high sec:

• Incursions: 200m/hour
  • L4 burners: 200m/hour
  • L5 abyssals: 200m+/hour
  • L6 abyssals: 300m+/hour

Unless you’re trying to run anoms, DED sites or explo in high, your income is going to be considerably higher than null sec right now. Which is why most null pilots have dedicated high sec isk making chars. I personally triple box hawks in abyssals for my income.

3 Likes

But filaments were invented. Why should one class of people get to use them while another class of people is no longer able to take advantage of the new technology. It seems that it is another bitter vet suggestion to increase their killmail and loot when performing Evictions or camping Wormholes.

The circle is there to represent the new tracking of skill plans. I don’t mind the circle as long as they fix the Flashing notification when you are on a character that can no longer train or doesn’t have an available Multiple Character Training Queue.

2 Likes

yep, and Moving Mode Messages does not work anymore.

Ok, here’s how the eviction stuff has been going down, from both perspectives.

Eviction fleet comes into a hole and drops a POS, structures whatever. Takes the shields off-TZ of whatever home structure is there.

For the armour timer, defenders may or may not batphone. At the start of the timer, attacking group looks at the situation.

If they can obliterate the defenders, they will attack while defenders filament out their shiny toys from the undock without fighting - why bother when you can just use your toons to extract?

If they can’t obliterate the defenders because their allies have shown up, the attackers filament out their fleet from their undock without fighting - why bother if the odds aren’t in your favour, just filament out and set up for the next one.

So both the attacking and defending forces have no motivation to actually engage in a fight unless they believe there is a strong chance of success, as they have an otherwise perfectly safe escape route available pretty much at all times. Anyone who is involved in actually having fights in j-space has seen this happen - both ways round - multiple times.

After a while, what happens is that the evicting forces just get stronger and stronger as they have no real losses / wipes to set them back. They become more risk averse and only poke at new groups with shiny toys. And those defending become basically roach fleets without any thought or idea of a home defence doctrine (why bother when your astra is paid for in the first couple of hours in the hole?), and are basically hyperkrabs rather than “true” wormholers as per the traditions and culture of the space.

This state of affairs is bad for pretty much everyone other than the hyperkrabs and eviction people. So the change to a riskier wormhole space does indeed benefit the more “normal” or “traditional” wormhole group that is happy, ready and willing to fight anyone at a moment’s notice. That’s why so many are happy with - and have campaigned long and hard for - the removal of filaments from wormholes.

Other complaints from respectable wormhole groups about not being willing to bring out bling ships to fight if they might get rolled out stem from this risk averse mindset - indeed, why would you bother risking expensive toys if you don’t have to - but that mindset is developed by having a no-risk option available. Removing that option at least returns WHs to their original, risky, roots - and if there are fewer HG pods and abyssal officer rolled fits out there too, that’s no bad thing either.

9 Likes

When I was young I was taught to judge people by their actions, not their words.

On the other hand, it’s always nice when prejudices can be confirmed so easily.

The blinking is still active.

2 Likes

oh boy, the binking crap is still here. i hope you fix this ASAP.

FYI: Necom Unlock looks like to be standart!

and still a changed font and size. this is so annoying

for example: i do only rat (gun mine) in nullsec. if i need isk, i fly Abyssal in highsec. I’m pretty sure the most of the player get there isk from instanced PVE.

here is the issue: as more player do instanced PVE as less player are in space.

1 Like

Could we have the skill button to stop blinking when no skill is in training?
It is really annoying for characters with no active skill queue

Worse yet, the boxes in Moving mode are completely detached from each other:

The bottom box is where the text should be. But the respective Moving Mode box is at the very top of the screen, where I never moved it to.

REDNES

Psstt all ISK between 50% and 100% appears to be going to the Reserve Bank. Patch notes clearly note “ESS Bank” not specifically the Reserve Bank only hence why people are expecting 100% bounty after both the bounty tick and eventual ESS payout later (assuming it isn’t robbed). May want to confirm that’s a bug and unintended before you have a riot on your hands!!

1 Like