Version 20.11 - Known Issues

NEW UI:
there is no “feedback” from pressing a button now, you never know did you press or not, because the buttons it self do not “press”

Edit: nvm found it, right click overview tab/label

It might just be me but I can’t find the setting to change the order of overview headers (distance, type, name, speed, ticker etc.) with multiple overviews toggled on.

It’s been a little while since I tried the tutorial, but I think it was provided by AIR during the mining part of the tutorial. So technically, a new “player” who did the tutorial should be covered (have the skill already, and/or the knowledge for future needs).

The Font Size options in ESC > General Settings > General do not impact the chat tab font size. But they do impact the font size of guests docked in stations/structures. :thinking:

The option to toggle “Use Small Station icons” is gone.

grafik

Still wrong offset for icons.

T3C in new hangars still shows just a random/the default setup from the ship icon and not what you actually have fitted.

Enabling compact mode for the Watch List does literally nothing. What is this joke?

Why are there 2 different window size manipulation markers? This is the marker in the overview and some other windows, it only shows up in the middle of the window:

This is the marker on chat windows area divers that appear anywhere the mouse hits the borders:
grafik

I do not understand why the markers on the dividers move around, even though those dividers are typically much shorter than the border of windows like the overview or scanner. It makes no sense why the markers on longer windows are static and move around on shorter dividers. Not to mention the different style that introduces yet another inconsistency in the UI although CCP claims they want to make it less clusterscrewy than the old UI.

Known issue, proton making the HUD disappear, offlining all modules including rigs, and if your in a cargo ship in space with cargo expanders and cargo rigs, make it impossible for you to move. Please take your buggy UI and do something with it. I was going to be rude here, i have reached my limit.

Screenshot_20221213_232906
after some manipulations with clones my char duplicated in Guests on structure

2 Likes

The CORP UI, it shows in all the tabs, the material icons are displayed dark.

Thanks

New Eden Store: Scrolling starts off as expected, but as more and more items are loaded in and the page gets longer, the number of items scrolled per increment of the scroll wheel increases rapidly, until browsing the store as per usual is impossible. It eventually skips past several screens worth of items per increment. This did not happen before today’s patch.

For the record I’m using a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse, with the smooth scroll on (“notchless”).
Edit: Same behavior when the smooth scroll is off, however. I don’t think this is caused by the mouse at all.

Edit 2: Still happening after today’s patch (14th december) and its fixes to the NES.

1 Like

The font size is too large in hangar windows, ie my corp list now no longer fits within the whole window, since words are too large (I cannot find any way to adjust font size)

I’m glad it’s not just me.

Esc, General Settings, Font Size. See if that helps.

grafik

Compared to the old UI, the handling of Alliance display in the Char Show info is very bad. This looks like the corp does not belong to any alliance and only if you look really closely, you notice that tiny alliance name.

grafik

This is much better at displaying that important information.

grafik
grafik

The text cut-off in tabs in Photon is ridiculous. There is no way to know which setting for item filter in the first drop-down menu in the Industry window. Chats are also cut off to such a large extent that it is impossible to know which chat is which if they have similar names.
Worse still, I have already set the Font Size to small in the settings but they do not improve anything in either instance.

More things that are worse in Photon:
grafik
In contrast to the old UI, which has hierarchical terracing of containers in hangars in the Input/Output drop down, in Photon everything is just listed in one continuous list and you are supposed to make out the differences by the icons. This makes everything prone to misclicks, makes everything less clear and more confusing. Wasn’t Photon supposed to improve the old UI and not make it worse? 2 years in and it’s still making it worse in many, many areas.

Photon again makes things worse and not better. Fix this.

3 Likes

Window Margin Size settings are nice, but in the Skill window they turn a window border as wide as an Houston high way
grafik

into a margin as wide as a German Autobahn

grafik

The margin is still wider than in any other window in non-compact mode. This is hilarious.

grafik
Photon ship 3D preview exceeds window border.

grafik
The Loot All button is clipping into the margin.

2 Likes

They are not guaranteed to spawn, there is a chance for each system to contain them. Additionally, the new asteroid belts they appear in are ‘beacons’ rather than traditional asteroid belts found in the probe scanner window or the right click drop down asteroid belts menu.

Noted, thanks for reporting.

1 Like

I can’t find the new ores in a search. Also, are they supposed to be added to some of the existing ore refining categories? i.e. so refining skills and t2 crystal work… Compression?

• We made an improvement to the sorting by name in the New Eden Store.

Could you also remove that bug that makes inventory not be sorted at all ?

sort by name/type are the same, and do not sort anyhow (it’s a complete mess)

sort by type should be sort by (category.name, group.name, type.name)
sort by name should be sorty by (item.name, type.name)

It was working fine 6 month ago I believe.

save isk
Nestor Friendship League SKIN → Issue!
this is how it looked before the patch.
and after the patch the textures are missing