Version 21.01 - General Feedback

Thanks CCP Art Team for the smaller, simpler, much less annoying Docking notification animation. :slight_smile: I had complained about it in November The previous design sprawled across the screen, with unfolding geometric line effects. The distracting design went beyond providing what should be a low-key explanation of why a player has lost control of their ship (because they’re docking.) It said “look at meeee,” in block capital letters.

Please work next on the blinking white dots that < bracket > the word [DOCKING].

• In the first half second, I thought the white dots were a sign that my video card was overheating and starting to spit out artifacts.
• In the next half second, I thought they might be coming from something else: stations are full of blinky lights.
• In the second after that, I had it figured out. But I don’t think this blinky element on the sides fits with what’s going on in the middle. The yellow “construction tape” analog above and below [DOCKING] is all we need. The central elements could be 10-20% larger, after deleting the blinky white dots on the sides.

1 Like