Version 21.02 - General Feedback

After 3 mini-patches zero issues with photon-ui were addressed which is kinda sad.

Ok, after 3 weeks of using it i can add some more feedback. First of all - i’ve “adopted” to using it (it doesn’t mean that i like it - so this “adoption rate” = adapt or die ;p) and the most significant part of this adoption was ui scaling option:

So if you’re still hating this ui or even don’t want to play anymore - try this option! For real.
And don’t forget to enable this aswell:

Voila: now it has become even more compact than it was before photon :upside_down_face: The only issue i have now it’s the ridiculously small fonts in some windows and areas. Sometimes even partially in one window (combat log):
Makeitsmaller!

I really want an option to choose font for every ui element like it’s now for the chat windows. Because choosing global “large” will ruin most of the windows - especially overview and scanner windows, where i want to keep it small. But i want a bigger fonts in notifications, agents briefings (like if someone reads those), hints, etc.

Now some negative feedback:

• I have to re-enable moons displaying in space every time i log in. CCP??
  • Sometimes column margins sizes in the overview are changed on log in and i really hate it - i’ve wasted a ton of my time to properly set it.
  • Enabling coloring to the ships text in space makes it bold. Especially in lighter areas (or in direction of sun), like if the font is reflecting the light. But CCP said they weren’t able to reproduce this bug and closed the report. So i want to ask ppl - is it just me? No one else experienced this? Actually not a big issue, it was just unusual at first and I’ve already got used to it:

• Hair thin scrollbars - the more i use it the more annoying it becomes. Why on earth? You’re not even using this “freed space”. It’s just unaviable wasted space with a scroller that is just invisible on some backgrounds.
  • It seems that one of the reasons why we had so many issues with photon is that devs just don’t know how it was before. Sad but true ;p
6 Likes