Version 21.02 - General Feedback

And unfortunately, they’ve been doing it piecemeal, rather than getting the entire UI redone, from the market to chat windows to mission interfaces to autopilot to overview to HUD to overhauling the Agency and the NES… all of it… and then putting out the ‘early adoption’ beta that lets people experience the new UI holistically and give feedback that can be applied to all of the different aspects at the same time.

Piecemeal rollouts only create the very tangles this is very obviously trying to bypass and cut out.

5 Likes

I represent the player base. Most players are fine with Photon, as Arrendis noted.

Strictly, I noted that most players are apathetic. Because, you know, they’re people, and most human beings are apathetic about pretty much everything.

“Oh, is that important? Eh, well, doesn’t inconvenience me too much right now, so I don’t give a damn. Find someone else to care about not having my city underwater in ten years.”

3 Likes

Same difference.

Sadly, true.

2 Likes

The same could be said for the CSM , Most CSm are voted in by the player base of huge power blocks in eve online and have no natural people skills

most

m

1 Like

LOL, okay.

You don’t represent me, therefore you don’t represent the player base !

I still represent you, even if I don’t agree with you. I’ve been passing on photon issues for months now.

Go back through your posts from a neutral position, and see how you appear to the people you have replied to, I think you will see you have flaws and lack empathy.

We all have flaws. Go back through and note your own. As for empathy, the fact that I do not agree with people does not mean I don’t empathize with them. Getting used to a new UI in an old game is not easy to do, so the folks who waited until the last minute and were forced into this are having a rough time. I feel bad for them, sure. At the same time, I recognize that this was entirely avoidable, as I avoided it myself by adopting early and figuring things out well before I was forced to

please stop making it about brisc

speaking of which brisc I made a point earlier that I think people are confusing screen size with resolution. What I see on a 19 inch 1080p monitor is going to be much harder to read than it is on a 19 inch 4k and I think this is where the confusion is happening. The text in game blends into each other unless you up the UI to 125% on 1080p which means all the elements are taking up way more screen space than you would need on a 4k monitor to make the text legible.

1 Like

Is it really necessary to keep repeating ourselves here ? It feels like we are going in circles now… actually we are going in circles . Not me and you in particular, but in general.

It has been done, now all that everyone can do is to pass more feedback to CCP and let time pass. Hopefully the outcome will be a better one.

I agree with you on some topics - But do you actually agree with CCP that sub-menus to get to stuff you could just get to before using tabs is actually better and faster and less cumbersome? I know I won’t get a straight answer because in every question I have asked so far you have deflected a different way and I feel this is a very churlish way to reply.

This is certainly true. I also think it’s extremely subjective because folks have different expectations and needs for information on the screen. I’ve been on a work trip the last week and I have been playing on my laptop which has a tiny screen, and I have made it work, which is one of the reasons why I don’t have a ton of patience for the non-specific complaints. I give Dyver a hard time, but at the very least he is providing actionable feedback that I can pass on that actually can be addressed. Same with Arrendis. It’s not just “this sucks, you suck, gib us old ui,” which is not helpful.

I have to increase the UI size to 120 to be able to see it on my home computer, and I have it at 100% on my laptop and it’s probably too large, honestly. This is part of the difficulty in doing these kinds of changes, because there are so many different settings and different kinds of hardware and inevitably its going to be messed up on somebody’s stuff.

I don’t understand what you mean here. What has become a sub-menu that used to be a tab?

1 Like

CCP Fix cents not showing in the wallet but showing on the market orders page when searching for an item cents are shown also the bug when searching for an item the screen jumps where the item is displayed and this reduces fps by about 5fps upon each time you check a market order. Can any CSM or devs that are interested in fixing things please help

the assets window used to be displayed in tabs along the top and you could sort by all or region or constellation or solar system just by clicking the tab at the top - now you have to click a drop down menu eatch time you want to flick between assets in a certain area which is slower and cumbersome ergo more clicks equals more time spent trying to get to the same place time=money in eve

I do not remember ever using those tabs, so if there was a change, it wasn’t something that I even noticed. I tend to leave my assets set to “all” and then just use the search if I need something in particular.

I’m not sure why a tab or a drop down is that big of a deal - should still be the same number of clicks. You click the tab, or you select the drop down.

Y’know… gonna have to say that’s not true. Every major bloc has seen what happens to subject-matter experts with no interpersonal skills when they get onto the CSM: They’re useless. In fact, they’re worse than useless, because their lack of ability to build relationships and be persuasive serves to undermine their expertise and the positions they espouse. The developers (who are just normal people, after all) have a much easier time dismissing them… and those who agree with them.

And that’s if they can even get on in the first place. Consider: Pandemic Horde, at the time the 2nd largest alliance in the game, only got 1 member elected… and that one only got in on Round 31, despite Kenneth Feld, from the considerably smaller Pandemic Legion, getting on in as the 5th member elected in Round 1.

People skills matter. Blocs can tell people who to vote for. They can’t make you vote.

1 Like