Version 21.05 - General Feedback

can’t stop being amazed it took a year for you to implement this well considered new feature.

3 Likes

Can we have the old journal back, You guys didnt remove it, but removed access to it, as old accounts still have it

3 Likes

They preferred not leaking all the changes via hoboleaks before the expansion came out to using Sisi for testing.

2 Likes

How do you download the new patch? It just seems to give up on life after a few seconds.

1 Like

same here and the game crashes after a few clicks in… I guess time to go to do something else and hope the patch for the patch for the patch after the patch tomorrow or after a week will fix some of the issues and the game will become playable again.

1 Like

This is a known issue and they’re working on it - try using the Beta launcher to see if it downloads there.

grafik

grafik

3 Likes

Would be nice if my one installation of Eve could share the resources for all clients. Right now I have seven clients “loading resources” and my internet connection is maxed out.

At least some of the information from the old journal should be included.

For example, you could see at a glance when a mission expires, distinguish storyline from normal missions, or simply “file” missions.

Currently it’s way too confusing in my opinion.

3 Likes

A quick question about marauders: how does this change affect carebears?
Second question: why does all other battleships exists when there are marauders?
And lastly, in terms of pvp - is it ok that a tiny EW frigate could turn a pinned marauder into a pumpkin now?

This so called nerf is a joke. Think about this one:

Remove 2 weapon hardpoints from it.

The transparent pieces of ships and station look out of place now.
as seen on my venture the more far away the camera is the flatter/whiter these parts become.
Transparent station parts look pink and are way too visible now.

1 Like

Going to be a LOT harder to do missions.

• Missing an option for automatic reward in the deliver projects
  • Deliver projects has no option for multiple items per project
  • why does the projects need to open 10 windows depending on which button is clicked?
  • pvp project no option to set a region / constellation
  • no option for automatic reward per pvp kill

all in all it feels like a pre alpha stage feature, not release stage

3 Likes

BIG BUTTAN NO INFO is 2023 design in a nutshell

The structure themer is such a letdown. You can’T even select base colors like black and yellow. :unamused: Instead we get god damn ugly pink, purple and baby blue.

1 Like

Visual wormhole identification is a “no go” for me now. See screen shot of a C3 Large. It’s invisible.

And on top of it, it’s an extremly ugly interpretation of Photon.

grafik

This picture has all the things in one place which are wrong with Photon:

• Massive waste of space where there should not be wasted, empty space (tabs, around the filter menu, around the title, etc.)
  • no space at all for important aspects (the page selector arrows and the Browse Available Yadayada text, which is squished inbetween deserts of white space
  • hard to read text
  • hard to distinguish ui interaction elements

This is just great.

5 Likes

For shits and giggles I clicked don Open Project History in the Opportunities window and expected that it would load the History. But in typical CCP fashion, it did not load the History of projects but instead the Active projects view. :unamused: Must be a case of “reducing cognitive overload, better streamlined UI experience and easier UI usage” as well.

1 Like

Ship Tree was also fixed and dreads and their faction variants are now originating from dreads instead of the other capital. Why is that not in the patch notes. In fact, will we get actual patch notes with all the things that were changed at all? The Expansion Notes contain not a single other change other than Viridian stuff. No fixes, no improvements, nothing of that sort is listed in the EN, but obviously CCP changed lots of other things as well.

2 Likes

Wow, that “Journal replacement” is a serious downgrade. I used to pop open my Journal almost every time logging in, and I would see in a few compact lines what missions or items I had on the go, which agent was giving them, and how long they had left. One glance and I saw all I needed.

Now, a few missions takes up half the screen, and provides less than half the information as previous.

It’s hard to believe CCP thinks these ridiculous fat wasted-space interfaces that nevertheless are less functional than before are the way to go.

19 Likes