Version 21.06 - Havoc - General Feedback

UI Design in 2023:

1. Add 20px padding to everything
  2. <4k monitors don’t exist
  3. Care more about how the UI looks than efficiency.
11 Likes

That is not true. I still have a lot of orders in citadels. Didn’t think I lost a single one. Maybe your station is destroyed/offline ?

Sounds like a 1dq- issue. :wink:

1 Like

The NES also resets/closes when you jump through a gate or dock. So you cant browse it while traveling which is probably the best time to do it. Sad?

1 Like

How absolutely amazing! You cannot see Insurgencies in the Agency unless you enlist for FW. This is amazing! If only these things would not impact people OUTSIDE of FW. There is no map filter for it either, neither in the new crap map nor the old map. AWESOME!

15 Likes

I wondered why the new Insurgencies System tab was empty… absolutely farcical.

2 Likes

there is an insurgency window for it.

So this is real? x) Yeah that could explain why a market disappears.

I expected the new Settings screen to suck and I’m not disappointed:

YAY MORE EMPTY SPACE

because god forbid you can still see what’s in the background instead of having everything full screen, this is not a console game ffs, please revert the size to windowed

20 Likes

Actually I’d like the NES to be in a window, I rarely want to hide everything with a fullscreen panel

4 Likes

Oh, a new window. But even if I could see the info there, I would now have to open yet another new window. Why is this not in the Agency where I can have a bookmark to that crap and easily access it in THE WINDOW FOR PVE AND WORLD INTERACTION? Who thinks up such a rubbish? The window also does not show the Insurgency in relation to surrounding systems. You can’t see how close it is to other relevant places. And the Route finding does not tell if a system is under Insurgency either.

6 Likes

I love the massive whitespace in the new settings UI. It’s beautiful.

Seriously, whoever’s been in charge of UI design the past couple years needs to learn to trim whitespace.

11 Likes

24 Likes

I agree, stop changing stuff that doesn’t need changed.

10 Likes

Agreed, I like the menu on the left, and that’s about it.

Aside from that it should be windowed and centered

9 Likes

I think the new design could work in a more compact form. It’s super weird for your eyes to move to the left. I expect the settings menu to open centered.

This is clearly trained over many years, so I can’t see it from a new player’s perspective, but it feels like none of the designers thought about that, which is kinda sad, because they are paid for designing such things and if they don’t think about they are not doing their job properly.

Or even worse if they thought about that and still did it anyway.

The Fullscreen is bad, because it completely removes you from space, and in fact if you are mining and you open your settings and you are attacked, you still blow up. So this menu is only useable once you are docked or cloaked on a savespot, because you can’t see local.

12 Likes

What about something like this? that would feel way nicer but the design needs to get rid of some padding to make it all fit.

17 Likes

This is way better. If only CCP had competent UI developers. :weary:

Even if they don’t do any of that, I don’t understand why they kept the sliders so tiny and narrow even though thtey had so much more space to work with. It’s still a ridiculous fiddling to get your mouse to hit the slider bars. It’s infuriating.

8 Likes

Hire this person!

3 Likes

Even worse, I just noticed that the settings now have scrollbars. With so much wasted Whitespace, why are there EFFING SCROLLBARS?

3 Likes