Version 21.06 - Havoc - General Feedback

Haha. The new theme mixer is somewhat nice. However, it really highlights some issues with the UI if things aren’t black. :smiley:

The contrast between the title bar and the map looks crass and outlandish and the contrast for some icons , namely the center on me icon, is really bad with brighter colors.

But at least you can now really see what window is in focus, without having to rely on the tiny, pointless window top frame rows.

1 Like

I don’t think they need to hire me, they just need to understand why switching from a centered windowed settings menu to a fullscreen settings window is bad.

A lot of console game or single player games have fullscreen setting menus, but in MMOs it feels more immersive if you have something like this:

Those designs could easily be made fullscreen, but think how that would change the menu perception

On top of that there are some technical things. The mouse will most likely be in a central position on average, so if you open the menu your mouse will be close to the button you might wanna click. If you need to go to the left side first with eyes and mouse, you just waste time for the user.

I’m not a UI designer, and there are probably some more reasons to use a windowed settings menu. I do not understand why they would go fullscreen.

13 Likes

Just looking at the left image, I came to wonder why the icons in front of the settings phrase in the EVE settings are so thin and hard to see. You can barely make out the folder icon outlines next to the User Interface text, or the amplitude next to Audio, unless you are glued to the screen. How is this making the UI better to use, CCP, if you actively make it harder to recognize text, icons and introduce ever more inconsistencies with other related icons?

1 Like

I’m glad to see Projects get more options and payouts, but without the ability to 1) specify multiple items, and 2) specify more than 1 solar system (either multiple systems, a constellation, or a region would be more useful) they’re still practically useless for my corp.

And also Projects still needs to be after Bulletins in the corp window

2 Likes

Very helpful Agency. :smiley:

6 Likes

According to @CCP_Kestrel, you and I are wrong to expect anything useful in the Insurgencies bit of the Agency window during Forecasting, as the useful information is all in the Insurgencies bit of the Neocom menu. You know, the new bit of the Neocom menu not mentioned in the Expansion Notes.

Another stunning bit of joined-up game design from CCP :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

We will also be updating the Pirate Insurgencies Agency window to take you to the Insurgencies map, similar to the Factional Warfare map.

1 Like

BUG:
Mission tracker doesn’t update missions as “completed” (with green “|” symbol) until I switch system.
After switching system it updates it as intended.
Untitled

But that’s not a good map. It’s way too limited and makes it impossible to see geographical information at a glance. In contrast to FW players who don’t care about non FW systems, the Insurgency info is of extreme importance to external players more so than to FW/Insurgency players. The map needs to be much more expansive and comprehensive than the FW map.

4 Likes

I might as well copy/paste the requests from every single other photon UI update:

• give us a choice of legacy/photon UI window
  • less completely wasted (because blank) space
  • the usual window buttons to reduce the size and make it floating
  • condensed mode

If some ccp folks can be stubborn, so can we :red_circle:

12 Likes

You fail!!! You basically released havoc without any havoc content! Why the 48h timer???

2 Likes

I’m surpirsed this space isn’t used for advertising eve store and personal discount limited offers

4 Likes

Yeah it is, no idea what they was thinking with this. Major step backwards.

I love the new Settings screen! It is a major improvement in terms of readability and being able to find stuff. The expanded font size selection is also very welcome.

Well done!

1 Like

Am I missing something or is the new air daily missions just not in the game?

3 Likes

Hmm you messed again with fonts.

The stacks font is bigger I guess ? I feel it’s better.
However the numbers are a bit too close. Especially the 4s
in the stack they touch each other. While in the popup it’s fine.

In that picture, the 217 also has the 2 and 1 touching each other. No respect for personal space !!

2 Likes

Why does the ship hanger take time to load now?

/me Sighs

8 Likes

It does not for me. Maybe you have too many ships ? did you try to download all assets ?

About 5 to 10 secs

And yes I have the full download.

Only 53 Ships, but the item hanger does not do this and it has 1000s of items.

7 Likes

they stated a few days ago that we’d have to wait a bit more for that
which is a shame as it was the only thing I was looking forward to in this expansion