Version 21.06 - Havoc - General Feedback

I’m starting to think that at every CCP development meeting there must be some guy who puts his hand up and says ’ I’ve run out of work…can I change all the fonts again ?’

14 Likes

Yeah, me too. I might try faction warfare, but when I press ESC now it just pisses me off. Then the daily stuff isn’t even in the game, this expansion is just a major let down for me so far.

1 Like

Yeah that font-size change is no good.

From the notes:

• Normal font size (default) has been moved to be 14px instead of 13px.

There is no “normal” option in the settings window. I think they mean “medium”? Changing it to whatever “small” is might be a fix. Still doesn’t look 100% right.

Note that switching the font-size does not update currently open windows. You need to trigger a redraw to see the changes.

2 Likes

The only thing i think i want for Xmas is to win a big lottery, have the chance to buy my way into Hillmar’s job thru PA, and fire some of the Devs doing these stupid things.

13 Likes

Hey CCP y’all taking bribes from FRT now since you decided to create a super highway DIRECTLY in FRT staging to every other region in the game ? Y’all gotta fix this because it is MAJORLY overpowered in the favor of ONE organization. And for those people who say take over FRT, you find me 1,000 chinese capsuleers willing to take down FRT in their own timezone… Literally no other organization in the game can fight effectively in china timezone right now without massively burning people out and you are just handing them access to every other region in the game.

EASY FIX, ALLOW ACCESS INTO ZARZAKH BUT DO NOT ALLOW ACCESS OUT OF ZARZAKH. BOOM problem solved…

1 Like

I think I have identified the Devs’ new design assistant:

Clippy

10 Likes

60-something posts worth of complaints… talk about wasted space :smile:

2 Likes

why the hell did you double missile application penalty in magnetars ? was it soooo hard to make extra line for vorton effects ?

nobody is going to use edencom though, these ships are still garbage

3 Likes

Can we please have settings menu back in window mode? Or at least an option for this?
An update about the arena would be appreciated too, like when and if we can expect it to return

9 Likes

The penalty has not been decreased, it always has been a 1.86x multiplier to missile explosion radius in Magnetars, that tooltip was just wrong and was updated to the correct value that has always been there since 2009.

6 Likes

as much as a i love a few of the changes and understand things that just updated can sometimes be a bit weird, but real question who’s idea was it to force the full screen esc menu, i sometimes have to edit my ui or what not mid activity and having my WHOLE screen made unusable while the settings are open mean i have to fully close the menu to respond to people or situations just to need to open it again
also why not just do what you did with the SP,map and air where there is choices
its a little disappointing you didnt show off the settings menu changes and other ui piror to get player opinion like you did with the Overview
also as someone with autism sharp changes like this can really be stressful it took me a while of swapping back a forth with the new overview for it to stop stressing me out
no real anger just kinda disappointed this is the path chosen as transparency with updates has always been a big thing

2 Likes

It shows their declining empathy towards the player base.

6 Likes

Is my memory very short-lived due to increasing age or did you change adjusting market orders with the mouse wheel?

I could swear I did not have to move my cursor into the tiny box next to “New sell price” for the mouse wheel to work.

CCPls look into this. It’s really annoying that after the patch the mouse wheel only works while the cursor remains in the very small box.

Love you, thanks.

4 Likes

Hey CCP.

Are you guys allergic to testing? Literally. Are you? You have a TEST SERVER. Why did you not put the new settings thing on there. When it doesn’t work properly you can then tweak it so it looks better rather than launching with a half-arsed product, that looks fundamentally worse than the previous iteration (which I want back by the way).

What else do I need to do to get you to understand that you can’t just dump changes like this without thinking about what you are actually changing. Your Lead UI Designer needs to stand up, and let us know why they have allowed something like this to go onto a live system when it is clearly not in a finished state.

Why did they not push back harder against management in stating that it was not finished.

Why was it not submitted to further testing and development on Singularity. Which is where it should be, not live on Tranquility because its a stupid place to make things work in live…

19 Likes

It now takes approximately 47,000 years to log in -_-

Oh, and when you do finally get in …

Needless to say, I won’t be undocking any time soon

Is anyone else facing long loading times? For me, it went from seconds to minutes.

Nope, straight in here.

yo dawg i heard you liked the old escape menu, so we changed it- ccp
honestly its so bad that were the old one didnt require me to scroll to see stuff, now i am forced to do so… on a 4k screen

6 Likes

So this is where my recent 8 euro go ? an half backed esc screen mobile phone

2 Likes

new esc menu is aweful, pls bring the old one back or at least give us a choice which one we want to use

10 Likes