Version 21.06 - Havoc - Known Issues

Try buying it again. Can you even do that? :thinking:

Did you try to unequip then reapply again (or however it’s called)?

Catalyst textures are currently borked:

1 Like

This launcher behavior of updating but not completely updating something and in the process completely breaking the game client is really getting annoying. Today it updated 2 times, then after a restart and one started client, it said that I could not launch another client because it’s not ready. Then I had to kill that client and restart the launcher, but it needed more than a minute to trigger the cleanup process. Then I could start all clients but just now when I wanted to refit on my depot/wanted to drag stuff from my cargo into a hangar, the game wouldn’t let me. Because the god damn launcher has to cleanup 195 files for a 3rd time… Now I had to close all clients AGAIN and the launcher AGAIN tells me it’s not ready but also doesn’t do anything to GET READY.

This is really getting frustrating.

3 Likes

From Today’s Patch notes:-

Due to optimizations in how audio is handled in the client, RAM use has been reduced significantly. For example, a client docked in Jita will now use approximately 750MB less RAM.

Any idea how long this has been going on? There is no way this was a thing in the 32 bit client. Assuming a PCM cd quality file, that is around 50 something minutes of audio. What in Jita is worth listening to for that long?

1 Like

The crying voices of scam victims. :wink:

I felt a great disturbance in Jita, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

2 Likes

The RAM saving is fairly consistent across most of the game. It will fluctuate a bit depending on what you’re doing, but in most cases it will be in the region of a 700MB+ saving :slight_smile: . I just used Jita as an example, as it’s a known location most players will be able to understand.

The underlying change is to do with the format that we use. For the more technical minded: Where it made sense to do so, we have moved from bnk (soundbank files entirely loaded into RAM) to wem (files streamed from disk). We use WWise for our audio subsystem.
This touched on quite a few of our systems (both internal and external facing), so it wasn’t just a simple case of swapping one out for the other. There was quite a bit of engineering work behind the scenes.

On the plus side, this means things like music no longer have a dependency on one large soundbank that needed to be re-downloaded on every minor change. Future changes to audio will use a lot less bandwidth.

As for the 32bit client: Yep, it was a thing there too. But we had a lot less audio in the game, so it wasn’t 700MB+ we had to reserve for audio soundbanks. Audio has grown in size fairly significantly in the last few years, which means the amount of audio loaded into RAM has grown too. This puts us on the better path of making sure this didn’t keep happening long term and we can carefully manage what is loaded.

4 Likes

This was unexpected. Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate the technical details and the backstory. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Still have music / audio bugs happening in the game.

Abyssal space music soundtrack over-rides and mixes in with all in-space / in-station music soundtracks after exiting Abyssal space. It even continues to do it after session change happens.

The only way I’ve found to correct it is to do a relog.

1 Like

I had to shut the game and client down after I finished the tutorial because the musics were intermingling.
And I had shut it down again afterwards when I worked with my character’s pic.
I didn’t mind though. Technology is funny that way. Even my android phone messes up sometimes. Yesterday I had to uninstall the gmail app because it went crazy on me. I reinstalled it a few hours later and it was like nothing happened.

1 Like

Yeah, the audio music bug issues has been happening in-game for a very long time. We need to keep reminding CCP about it until the issue is resolved.

If we don’t do that, CCP will just forget about it and then later down the road that audio / music bug will infect another aspect of the game…

1 Like

You’re wrong :slight_smile:
Game development does not work in the way you think it does!

@CCP_Caffeine Killing NPC does not track properly for the daily opportunities. Need to log off and relog to see progress or completion.

2 Likes

That list needs to have “All ship modules going offline after jumping gate” added to it, been happening rarely, but its almost a death sentence if you are anywhere but high security space.

Now I’m stuck in space because my ship is overloaded and I dare not decloak with rats on the gate.

Bug filled under EBR-23791

Tried to relog, by the time got back in the rats had me locked and I could not cloak, but I had a mobile depot and onlined all my modules, but the M^3 was wrong.

Warped to citadel, logged, warped back to my cargo and scooped it up.

Filled a similar bug with t3c subsystems failing to show up also, and that was on a completely different computer.

Pilot Rodger Longbuck logged out safely in nulsec and seen this

2 Likes

Happened again, though no disconnect this time.

1 Like

Newest and weird map bug with the better old map: When I open it for the first time after a login, I cannot rotate with left click on one char; only right click panning around works. With another char, left-click pans around like a right click. After reopening the map, the left click functionality returns to normal.

2 Likes