Version 22.01 - Equinox - General Feedback

Equinox Update: Tweaks & Balances | EVE Online

A temporary weekly skill point gift for Omega pilots has also been added to the New Eden Store, replenishing every Tuesday

Since we are Tuesday, and since I don’t see the skill point gift in the NES, should I understand that “temporary” is now over, and that “every Tuesday” meant “this week only” ?

1 Like

It’s possible. We got daily SP increased to 10K so I guess free SP from NES is now gone.

Sure, but they increased it at the same time they introduced the “gift”. Just trying to validate if that is a f-up like what happened last Tuesday when the daily was updated

Finally see it now, so I guess the F-up is that the NES updates 2 hours late. relative to DT… or someone woke up and updated it manually.

They should remove daily goals completely. People should play because it’s fun not because it’s a rat in a maze simulator. I guess it does show what CCP thinks of their players.

2 Likes

Shut down the launcher after DT, and relaunch it when you figure any updates for today are activated. The automatic update test is soooo slow to detect there is a patch, easy to start try log in before it finds out it needs to patch and deactive the log in buttons.

1 Like

That’s a bad idea as of late. closing the launcher breaks it even more and prevents you from launching clients at random.

2 Likes

Hmm, I am having the exact opposite problem, if I just leave it running it “dies” and I can’t click any account to select it for log in.

EDIT: This takes a long time many hours maybe even first on second day. I haven’t really tried monitor when it happens.

Try to restart the launcher when you have a running client. Not always but in many cases it will later prevent you from starting new clients.

It also takes a long time to trigger patch downloads. What I noticed is that it triggers sooner if I have a client active shortly after DT and close it. That usually triggers the download for me.

3 Likes

The new escalations are not worth the isk needed to put into them and the forsaken sanctums have worse ticks then havens.

grafik

Scams know no bounds. :joy:

2 Likes

Makes total sense. A tiny planet generating more Power than a huge Star.

6 Likes

Do you mean to say that you didn’t find a huge ship stopping on a dime in “space” suspicious? :sweat_smile:

No, that’S to be expected in a Goo Simulator. But Planets generating more power than stars? That stretches the credibility… On the other hand, this star is barely larger than Jupiter but still a yellow main sequencer… :weary:

2 Likes

I agree, it’s blatantly unnatural, so are lots of other things in New Eden.

But those are old things. This is new and CCP could have employed a more scientific approach rather than fictional lunacy.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

I strongly feel that the current management team are on the right approach and want to take a moment to say thank you members of that team.

I will also show my appreciation and support in your game design by buying plex.

Keep up the fantastic you do!

1 Like

It’s less raw production and more what you’re able to effectively harvest. Unless you build a Dyson Sphere, or at bare minimum a Ringworld, your only method of harvesting solar power is going to be wildly inefficient.

For example, the current number I could find says it takes 8.5 million solar panels to equal 1 nuclear reactor for output. So unless they’re tapping directly into the plasma of the star, want to try again on whether it’s actually realistic to get more power from a planet than a star? I didn’t see them introduce a new structure to harvest stellar plasma, so it can’t really be anything more than fancy solar panels, unless that is one of the abilities of the new hub station that I’m not aware of?

I strongly hope they’re on the right approach and want to take a moment to thank them for keeping the game going.
I also want to take a moment to remind CCP that people play games for fun.
Fun
noun
enjoyment, amusement, or light-hearted pleasure.
“the children were having fun in the play area”
Similar:
pleasure
entertainment
enjoyment
amusement
excitement
gratification
jollification
merrymaking
leisure
relaxation