Version 22.01 - Equinox - General Feedback

I know, they changed it all in the name of “balance” to try and keep Null at least slightly dependent on HS ores lol.

Wow, not happy about the loss of trading t1 versions + requisite LP & Chips. for Navy Issue Version of ships in FW LP Stores. I believe CCP Rattati calls this “buying ships” from LP stores. I don’t see it that way. I’m now stuck 6 days out, from lots of work to manufacture a t1 Moros, only to find the Federation Navy Moros is no longer available in the FW LP Store…not even the BPC.

Upgrading a t1 ship, to it’s FW equivalent, is not Buying A Ship. Someone had to make the t1 ship, acquire the corresponding Chip and LP to complete the upgrade. Please bring this feature back in some form. Thank you.

1 Like

Most Null groups have HS alt corps that supply the trit directly. I don’t know for certain that those changes created significant amounts of additional trade per se between regions. Unfu$k the scarcity changes in mineral distribution. The Roqual and Orca are nerfed, The ore eating boogeymen are now command/support ships with their ability to mine hampered by waste or reduced yield from drones. Do we still have obscene mineral stockpiles? It kinda shows on the MER that significant LS mining is not a thing on a large scale. That begs the question of why not revert back?

1 Like

That means that you don’t use high quality textures and shaders. Yes, that’s it.

Low Texture and Shader quality turns this

into this

You should try to set both graphics options to Medium. That should solve the issue.

1 Like

That’s what you get when you bar your players, who are your best testers, from using the test server. People wanted some more spacing on some areas and less in other areas. CCP added too much for the former, and removed too much for the latter. That’s what happens when you don’t get valuable, professional feedback from the users that know your systems better than you do yourself.

A bit of spacing between the rows (1-2 pixel) would be much more productive and helpful than this. 6 pixel separation like it is now is way too much wasted space.
Likewise, 1-2 pixel of separation between ship icons is also better than 0 separation that hangars have now after the update.

8 Likes

No little gaps in our inventories. Whose bright idea was that. Get rid of it NAOIW!

And the tool tips suck. They get in the way, can’t be turned off, tell me stuff I already know and they tell me stuff I have already showing in other columns like volume and estimated price. Get rid of them at once.

Remember that MS Word paper clip meme. “Do you want me to f off and leave you alone”. Well, your tool tip is a bit like him.

3 Likes

I agree… I like the new SKINR and had fun playing with it last night… but will the prices drop? One of the biggest costs is the plex needed to create skins. … unless CCP change their pricing then this will be unlikely to go down!

Indeed the whole SKINR thing is potentially a big money maker for CCP. I reckon one of two things will happen:

1. The ship SKINR will be very popular forcing PLEX prices up. This might mean more people buy PLEX for real money but will also mean that people who PLEX their accounts might have to reconsider if PLEX gets too expensive.

2. People decide the PLEX costs for making skins is too expensive and after the initial excitement, SKINR will become just another tool in the game that nobody really uses.

3 Likes

Really like the SKINR in game, I will probably hold off at first, no rush. But I can really see this as a way to make cool skins. I traditionally buy skins anyhow from NES, so instead of my plex exiting on a ok’ish skin now I can spend roughly the same and make something I actually really like. For the balance of price, CCP could throw up a plex sell from time to time to control the cost of plex, time will tell, but I believe people that spent money on skins already, will continue in a different way, by making their own.

My hope is as SKINR evolves in game, we can place lights, effects, and other items on our ships like the police skin, or some of the capsuleer day skins. Baby steps they say, I will wait a little and see how it plays out like always, but for sure can see myself dumping plex here, vs the NES store.

1 Like

sry but thats not an option for me - I run 12 accounts when i do pi

1 Like

Well thats a you problem and not a ccp problem then.

1 Like

In that case, you have to live with the blinding, I suspect.

Are 30+ minutes downtime back again? Asking for a fren!

Remember when they’d release a patch and the servers wouldn’t work for hours?

1 Like

The change to the position (and description) of “Make Active” (now "Board Ship), is driving me absolutely mental. years of muscle memory for Right Click > Make Active are making the change “Painful”

6 Likes

i just hope they delete 22.01…

2 Likes

English is not my native language. Secure the appearance of a drifter to kill a capital spawn. Now farming C5-C6 has become even easier on dreadnoughts.

Opening the inventory screen opens a completely different ships cargohold inventory than the one you’re currently using.

Upwell haulers getting a massive nerf on day 2, how the F did they not realise you could just go for full tank and have the BR with 40k EHP. It’s almost as if I was right about CCP being unable to balance them decently.

1 Like

Graphics bug, you undock / take a gate, and freezes for a couple of seconds. Dont know if was reported but several ppl was saying they have the same thing on coms.
Nullsec nerf, was said, as is, noone would change from old system to new system, becouse they couldnt rat or mine in the systems, only few would support either of those two things.

2 Likes

And then gut them to the point where you can either fit ‘can fight of tackle’ but be paper thin and a onevolley even without tackle, or fit a halfassed tank and no ‘can clear tackle’ at all.

So either too hefty, or wet 2ply toilet paper. There seems to be no middle ground.

2 Likes