Version 22.01 - Equinox - General Feedback

My feedback on the SKINR system so far: it’s got a lot of potential, and I’m super happy we can finally make our own SKINs. Lots of creativity by the players already. Obviously we need more variety, both in the patterns/colors, and the mechanics available - multiple patterns, for instance - but I think CCP knows that. I’m excited to see where they take the system, because it certainly has a lot of potential.
One of my concerns is the effect on the normal SKIN market, since you can recreate to varying extents some of the rarest SKINs in the game. One solution to this might be allowing existing SKINs to be a source of rare patterns or colors.
I’m also annoyed there’s no way to:
a) give custom SKINs to alts/specific people for giveaways and the like
b) distribute SKINs to corp members. Finally a use for EverMarks…?
Other than that, it would be nice to be able to export SKINs to clipboard like we can with many other things in the game. I really have no interest in selling my designs, but am happy to share them.

The corp UI update is the only other thing particularly relevant to me. I’m not a fan of the UI updates, but that boat has sailed I suppose. But considering it broke bulletins at the same time, it’s probably doing more harm than good for new players. I hope we don’t have to wait many more years for more corp/alliance-related updates, especially regarding management…

1 Like

Oh, and can SKINR patterns get their own category? This is driving me crazy…

Don’t let players debug

1 Like

Well I guess once the Paragon Hub skin market opens up, you could potentially list the skin there and your alt/friend/corp member can immediately buy it from there. And if you want it to be “free” you would then have to refund the isk or plex.

Great question!

They really can’t help themselves. During a period of history in which ‘wokeness’ is the zeitgeist they continue to force themselves upon us. Do they not review the socials?

We the nullsec people are just as mad with it as you are. It was not made for nullsec people, it was made for filament douches who needed more things to steal.

I sincerely don’t understand, CCP.
You call this “rejuvenation” while basically killing nullsec.
Didn’t we have enough of this bs with MESS? We are already crippled by tremendous nullsec infrastructure bill, which is already prohibitive if you don’t play 5+ accs, only to add a new chore of camping said infrastructure 24/7 for it to not be robbed blind for all it makes?
What kind of mad masochist do you think it takes to pay the subscription in order to do even more stupid chores? This will kill nullsec for certain.

3 Likes

What’s MESS?

CCP calls it ESS, basically safe space in each system where elite pvpers can hide in case anyone mounts an effective response (no warping on the grid and no cynos). Strange how CCP hires elite pvpers as devs (of the actual game not community managers and co) and then they always nerf everything except that game style.

The only news now was that WHs got nerfed a bit alongside 0.0 that always gets nerfed.

3 Likes

“Mandatory ESS”. The “MESS” fits perfectly for every stupid bug and exploit it brought.

2 Likes

Have not found this already, but I can’t be the first to notice. The already very expensive process of creating a SKIN, only to then be presented with the OPTIONAL (Yes I know) ability to “Complete Now” will present a PLEX cost, but unlike literally any other game I’ve seen this featured in, the PLEX cost does not seem to decrease / adjust to the timer?

For a 5d Sequencing job, I was given the option for the low low cost of 75 PLEX, and at 4d 4h, it remains the same. So basically if you don’t use this feature right away, it becomes exponentially more useless as time goes on, and I can’t see how this would be an interesting feature to anyone?

1 Like

Wait… are you expecting to hold a nullsec system on your own??? If this expansion will bring down renting empires, than I like it even more. I generally don’t care about other player’s play styles, but I do consider renting as something that was never intended to be a valid play style, especially not renting a whole system solo with just a couple of alts.

No, that is not what I mean.

This is a bit about historic context of nullsec. As costs and manhours required to maintain sov increased, players had to optimize and specialize. It was a competition too, so eventually players with less than 5 accs, solo or not, got OUT-COMPETED out of nullsec, because their performance in a group was unacceptably low. It transitioned from “everyone to nullsec” of 2010s, to “they had 20 in local and nobody undocked”, but it’s just 2 guys in 2020s. I mean, in nullsec pvp, you’re mostly required to fly a cap, a subcap, and a logi/support, in different fleets, just to match the enemy numbers. That’s what I mean, not solo.

The only way to play nullsec solo is in one of those horde-type groups like PH or Brave, which tackles inefficiency with zerg. Those groups will probably be less hurt by today’s changes, but it’s gonna sting them a bit too.

1 Like

You can just change the settings and get the old layout back.
o7

Renting space exists because game designers don’t interfere with player-created arrangements in Sov space. No CONCORD, no rules — except what players decide should or should not happen.

Holding a nullsec system on your own is only possible with bots, and it’ll require at the very least 20-40 accs, not 5.

People who do not play in nullsec often underestimate the weight of sov bills. Just sit and calculate for a sec, you need some source of income to pay the sov bill, which is at least 100mil a week for just TCU and IHUB before you start thinking about upgrades. With upgrades, it can be as high as 500+mil per week. That is already 10 manhours per week chore just to pay the basics, and 20 manhours a week to keep the douches off your MESS. Then you probably need a moon because there’s nothing else of value in the system, and then a reactions station, a station for general manufacturing, ship manufacturing, components manufacturing, and cap manufacturing, a citadel to dock those caps in, and now all those new bs. All of that takes fuel, so its another 20 manhours a week to mine ice, 5 manhours a week to turn it into fuel, and 10 manhours a week to run logistics in order to export your products and import what you lack to make it, because scarcity… which adds another bill of ~300ISK per m3 if you live close to lowsec, 1000ISK per m3 if you’re not. Then you need to manage bubbles, which, screw CCP, even 10 of them take hours to maintain thanks to needing to touch them every few days, and without them the filament douches would just bounce forever until their filament timer runs out.

Thus if your corp has about 40 accs in it, you are facing a chore fest of more than 10 hours a week on each acc, JUST TO PAY THE BILLS. If you add a single ship loss to it, you’re in the red compared to a hisec jockey who does afk Vexor faming in hisec anoms for 30 minutes a day.

That’s the reality of nullsec for someone not in a massive bloc with at least 200 accs per system.

And then people come and be like “yuck, renting”. Renting exists because renting cost is just a fraction of a problem.

2 Likes

@CCP_Bee For the “Monthly Progress Rewards” of the Daily Goals, there is an expiry timer of 20 days for the montlhly progress. I assume this means we need to complete a set of 2 daily goals on 12 days within 20 days, else we miss out on that cycle.
Is this correct?

Second question: Does a new cycle starts right away on day 21 for another 20 days “monthly progress”, or is there a 10 days void before another “monthly progress” ?

• if there is a 10 days void… why not actually make the expiry duration 30 days instead of 20, to make sense of the word “monthly” ?
2 Likes

But, yall chose to live in null. Cant always be safe. I feel like null should be dangerous and you should be ready to fight. Im talking whole sov null not just renters. Hell just imagine your spacelords decide to evict you. You’re screwed either way.

I dont need to see these ship icon on the corner of my ships i know what i am flying.

Please make the option to remove them.

12 Likes

Yes all for more danger and most of us in null sec are desperate for the return of supercap escalations. However there needs to be a carrot worth protecting and a means to fund the sov infra and ship losses, lest we just plex it all!