Version 22.01 - Equinox - General Feedback

The new escalation (serpentis shield starbase) is still not penetrated by capital fighters . Forcefield . I don’t know what about the structure. because the shield can’t penetrate. 21,000 DPS .

That’s the thing, WE DIDN’T.
I was perfectly happy in hisec, until 2013 patches took it behind the barn and shot it, leaving nothing behind. Never had a choice.
Also, it was a very different nullsec back then. No filament douchery, Phoebe going strong, blocs giving up space left and right, no scarcity. Can’t compare to current shitpie of a space.

nullsec was never safe.

Back in the day I could fill 2 pages of zkill every day. I am ready to fight. I was there on every sov timer in all the major wars. It’s filament chickens who will only fight if they can win without losing ships who are not willing to fight.

In your dreams, pathetic kid.

I was in independent alliance and had enough spacelords trying to evict me, weakling. Bring your supers out or get rekt, chicken.

3 Likes

While I see your point, I must share my own experience. I have lived in null in two waves:

• The first time we were a small “alliance” made of about 40-50 people total (alt accounts were not that popular back then, except for scouting). We had an arrangement with an alliance to hold one of the systems in the buffer zone between them and their enemies (AAA vs U’K in Catch). This was pre-Dominion and Dominion era. We literally had nothing there and, after a while, were forced back to highsec because we barely scrapped enough for POS fuel + PVP.

• The second time I was in Morsus Mihi. That was the Technetium era… and we had it… all.

All I can say is that both systems were flawed: one where 50 people were forced out because they can’t pay the bills and one where an alliance was swimming in ISK and didn’t care about anything.

I am currently not in null, because I play occasionally… in waves and with long pauses, but I can understand that it’s bad if the maintenance cost situation is really as you’ve described it.

I can see now that I have misinterpreted the post that I quoted, and I apologize for that. My bad.

2 Likes

Well it’s definitely no Tech era now.

Yeah it’s a chore fest. The ice was my biggest gripe actually, because we ran full infrastructure, with Jump bridges/Ansiblex, research complexes, etc. Then the doubling of fuel consumption patch came and it was felt, ice op every week for hours just to fuel the stuff. Then the moons, because regular mining got cancelled, and there was nothing else valuable to tap into. Then MESS came, and you spent 2 hours MESS camping for every hour ratting, and would still occasionally lose it due to not having enough people. Timing is probably different now, but the general idea is the same. Then the bubble maintenance chore, the logistical chore, sorting fuel productions and moon mats reactions, trying to make caps for profit collapsed after cap production also got removed.

Eventually it came to the situation where you get out of 2.5 hours of chores only to discover you can’t rat because of bad MESS timing, and you can’t mine, because all the remaining specks of valuable rocks got snuffed by someone already, you do PI only to realize prices are f’d because everyone does it, and at this point I was no longer willing to pay subscription. This expansion does not fix any of those issues, new rocks are garbage, new mats will be stolen if you don’t camp 24/7, and I’m so done paying to be the whale feed.

You’d think eve, being the subscription game, won’t go down the path of segregating players into whales and whale food, kicking out everyone inbetween, but it did. I was forced to become whale fodder, paying subscription to be filamented on, robbed, and dunked, without any counterplay, as long as the attacker bought enough plex. F that, I’m out.

1 Like

Can we teach the daily opportunity to COUNT salvages? It misses more than it catches.

3 Likes

So I’ll add to the mounting inquiry here… will the old upgrades still be usable in the sov hub once it comes out of IHub mode? If not, is the current power usage/availability being investigated at all?

That’s all I want to know.

is it intentional that the agency now when looking for cosmic sigs shows systems and 0, prior to equinox it would only show systems that did have a sig

Old upgrades have been renamed “Deprecated”, they’re no longer usable.

2 Likes

Then power cost on the new upgrades simply needs to be reduced. Got it.

2 Likes

For anyone curious how big an effect this will have on NS, I’ve posted a few numbers here: Equinox -- A Couple Numbers

3 Likes

Is it intentional that navy ammunition conversions have been removed from various LP Stores?

1 Like

It only counts successful salvages that yield salvage items. Empty salvages dont count.

2 Likes

Yeah… same here.

All Caldari Navy ammunitions conversions have been apparently removed from all Calradi State associated station LP Stores. Example: Peace & Order no longer has ANY Caldari Navy ammunitions upgrades using LP points.

Was this an “unintended/overlooked error/bug” or an “intended yet never documented part of the Equinox upgrade”?

1 Like

SKINR Feedback:

Design elements and colors can be consumed and imported into SKINR. This allows freedom to be anywhere when designing a skin. However, Sequencers can’t be injected and must be present at player’s location in order to be consumed. So, even if you have all the elements to design a skin, you can’t craft it if you are in a region of space where sequencers are simply not available. This is a design flaw. Allowing Seqencers to be injected would entice more players in different parts of space to use the feature.

1 Like

The SKINR lacks a “Reset to Default Position” for each individual element.

2 Likes

Now that CCP screwed up the Agency and shows systems with 0 signatures in the list of systems, the 0/counter in general needs to be easier to read at a glance without having to look closely. It was much more intuitive that systems without signatures were not shown in the system list.

Instead of seeing a list that shows you want to see, this new list overloads you with clutter and requires more attention for no added gains or benefits. This clutter with 0 signature systems does not help to make the UI easier to understand and comprehend.

3 Likes

Guys, be fair. You can’t get a tick on the salvaging daily for failure. Or else you would be incentivised to keep your skills and equipment crap.

For all the other types of daily. you are rewarded for having good skills and equipment:

Combat: Get it done quicker with good skills in the best ship for the job or do harder content in a better ship as now you will earn more whilst doing so
Scanning: Scan quicker and more accurately with good skills and ship
Mining: Mine faster. Pyroxeres is 1/3 of a cycle in the T2 mining frig with T2 B-type crystal (lol)
Rep your bro: Damage your alt (cough) quicker in a good ship and rep him faster with good skillzzz.
Manufacture: The ofdd one out. Anyone can build a shuttle. Skills might take a few seconds off build time. Whatever.

No more of this rewarded for failure nonsence please. Start getting those skills up.

2 Likes

The issue isn’t “the salvage task doesn’t count on a failed attempt.” That’s fine.

The issue is: “The salvage task doesn’t count on a successful attempt that yields 0 salvage.”

Salvage content of a wreck is predetermined at the creation of a wreck (according to eve uni). There’s no skill involved that determines how likely it is to drop salvage. Spending the time to salvage a wreck when you would normally be doing something else, and then finding out that you have to spend 3-4x as much time because it only counts a percentage of the wrecks as “valid”, feels bad and is bad design imo.

6 Likes

From what I’m hearing elsewhere, the navy munitions were moved from some LP stores into others. Haven’t personally confirmed that yet, but if so, that sounds more like “intended and intentionally undocumented.”

1 Like

CCP already confirmed on Reddit that this was not intended. They will be removing salvaging from tasks rotation until a solution is found.

4 Likes