VNI changes?

Before tweaking them, we should even consider whether or not it would actually work.

Test it for us. Take the last gate in a sansha 5/10 in a sig tanked vni.

No, how about you provide support for a change that you are proposing and not try to wiggle your way out by putting that burden on someone else.

3 Likes

I like how they released a couple of skins for the vni right before nerfing it. What am I going to do with these now?

Lmao, I already know what will happen. You’ll come back and say I owe you a vni.
You think I’m talking out of my ass, but I already know. I’m trying to show you the answer, I can’t help it if you don’t want to see.

I have personally run sites that hate drones and have webs/stasis towers. You know what that 100% prevents? afk/bot sig tank drone ratting. In the 5/10 you’ll only live because the towers will web you off IF (Big IF) you are smart enough to warp as soon as you land. If not you’ll die. Either way you won’t believe it till you see it for yourself or I show you the source code for how the towers work (I don’t have it). So go see it for yourself.

You know what else they prevent…At keyboard Sig tanking. Your only options become mjd sniper fits or face tank fits.
So in trying to prevent afk VNIs you’ve smashed a whole lot of other fits that aren’t a problem as well.

1 Like

You’ve conveniently refused to answer any of my questions. I don’t see any reason to support your proposal for this webbing tower, especially since twice, you’ve just try to put the burden of support on either CCP (just tweak it after you put it in) or another person.

So you have personal experience but cannot explain how these towers work? That’s interesting.

Also, how would this impact Dominix AFK ratting or Shield Booster VNI AFK ratting, which don’t require orbiting?

Not a thing. Don’t believe me? Again I offer you a chance to learn through experience. Build one warp to a haven and face tank it in a shield vni. Let me know how it goes. (Not paying for your vni if you can’t warp in time)

They aren’t nerfing the ■■■■ out of the dominix though are they? In fact it’s one of the ships intended to be able to face tank havens…

Tweak before to better fit null anoms… Maybe after if it’s too much or not enough. Because that’s their job not mine.

If the things I’ve told you don’t explain how it works you just can’t listen, and can’t be ass’d to go learn the mechanic yourself.

Tells you pretty much everything a player can know without seeing the code.

Nah, see, that’s not how it works.

Your job is to provide reasons that support your proposal. You’ve just made a claim “X will stop Y, therefore you should implement X” but you can’t even explain how X works, or whether it would actually do what you’re saying it does.

Looks like nothing I say will get you to actually provide some support since all you’re doing is just making snide comments.

Maybe next time you propose something, back it up with something to support it, instead of lashing out at people who ask questions and tell them to do the research for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1st thing, arguing about it is pointless. Ccp only announces stuff like thia after the decision is made. You can rage all you want, like people did when they dropped the bandwidth on myrmadons. Doesnt matter, the vni as you knew it is going away. Period.

2nd thing, arguing to change everything BUT the actual problem ship just proves that your agenda is to save your overpowered ship. Which you won’t anyways because ccp has already decided.

VNIs are a problem not because of drones, pther drone boats will be used, but because its so incredibly cheap that losing one means less than nothing and its so easy to skill into that botters love them.

Being a cruiser its also easy to move and or build everywhere and the source of its blueprints have had a bad effect on fw forever.

It has to be nerfed for the good of the game. Ive used them for years because they were so good for so little, I even farmed them with a hecate alt in fw for outrageous isk per hour. It was just part of the game. No w ccp is fixing the problem and im fine wirh it.

Never get attached to overpowered stuff in an ever changing game, it will just lead to disappointment and thus forum tears…

5 Likes

The changed version is not better than the t1. (aside from the rep bonus which it doesn’t really need)
It’s halfway between a gun and drone boat, not really great at anything anymore.

Except nobody is bitching about the VNI in pvp. Only null sec anoms. Kindof suggests that maybe the ship is not the problem. The mechanic is exploitable, so people do. Fix it, not the ship.

The gallente police are going to be super pissed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good thing they’re just NPCs and no one actually cares about their feelings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I used when being ineffectively cloaky camped by PL in April 2017 , I had set up ten and lost only one to Killah Bee’s and penifSMASH’s BLOP’s fleet.

[Vexor, Cheap n Chearful]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Drone Navigation Computer II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
[Empty High slot]
Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Ionic Field Projector I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

This is an Omega fit, but the tank is the oversized AB and it had no issues doing Foresaken Hubs, I seem to remember about 12m ticks from that.

In terms of Jenn’s comments, the only sickening thing about this is that it was done mainly because of bots, I agree that the VNI was overpowered, so understand it from that perspective. When I was in Catch the price of a VNI was about 125m and an Ishtar is only about another 100m for a slightly better ratting ship. It is still more effective then using a carrier in terms or risk/return. I also used a Rattlesnake near the end of my time and that was pretty good in that I could use sentries and with an MJD and the ability to pull the drones a bit quicker I was difficult to catch too.

So if you are an Omega use an Ishtar, if you are an Alpha the Vexor will do the job, but fitting might be an issue, I also understand that CCP have reduced some drone skills for Alpha’s.

Oh and while I am at it, feck bots!

It’s not about bots. It’s about people PLEXing their accounts.

but CCP doesn’t care, because someone has bought that PLEX

They do care, because their corporate overlords love numbers that show redundancy and are evenly spread among the player base not concentrated on fewer regular buyers. It’s an attempt to make more people buy PLEX, not in overall quantity bought, but in number of people buying… to look good on paper.

It’s about bots. Bots don’t buy plex and as you mentioned. CCP want people to buy plex so removing bots will remove accounts that won’t buy plex for money also drop amount of isk from thin air that ruin game economy for few years now.

2 Likes

BOOM!

Yep. Well… and that they are all the same, you know exactly what your gonna get when you get in there.

1 Like

In CCP’s modern glossary of words nerf = patch =expansion …they are the same words now. Free new expansions :slight_smile:

Confirmed.

1 Like

Does anyone understand why the VNI needs the nerf bat — again? Can anyone please explain to me what great harm this ship has on the universe?

Afk ratting. Which easily scales to 10 or 20 accounts.

2 Likes