War Dec Abuse, Driving Small Alliances and New Players Away

Why? Your statement appears to be a non sequitur. Players not in breach of the EULA are doing nothing wrong. So, why should CCP protect new players from older players - who are doing nothing wrong?

I don’t know. And, given that CCP previously buffed alpha to stop too many of them becoming paying players, I suspect that we don’t know the answer to that either.

No argument there.

That is a valid opinion, and possibly even a good point (I don’t know enough to comment). Nothing to do with griefing though. Or the EULA. Or even CCP’s bottom line.

1 Like

PREACH IT!

1 Like

@Andresoni_Janau that is what happens when you remove the watchlist.

Again, it’s not an act of war to declare open hostilities against anyone too weak to stand up against you, that’s called terrorism / piracy. There needs to be a difference. Concord needs to be able to recognize that difference.

@Andresoni_Janau aren’t you supposed to buy skill injectors from your CEO to train into bombers and stuff?

1 Like

Cry some more

Simple: So the new players stay. CCP already protects new players from older players who are doing nothing wrong by starting them in newbie systems in highsec. They could start them in the middle of Delve, and the Goons could slaughter them, and reasonably justify that they’re not doing anything wrong because of the danger that cynos, enemy scouts etc. represent, but I think it should be obvious why this would be terrible for the game.

Fair. I don’t know, I only suspect it.

1 Like

With this type of intelligent opinion supporting piracy / terrorism, the law’s days are numbered.

With the type of dumb players these days no wonder the game is going downhill
Also git gud or gtfo

4 Likes

Maybe if you go ruin a new player’s day you’ll feel better, you seem salty about the idea of not being able to inflict yourself on others.

I was a new player too once upon a time guess what we did when we got decd.

We moved base so the people coming for us had to travel.when they eventually came we were ready and won as far as isk efficiency against people decing us

4 Likes

I agree with your sentiment, and a lot of other player do as well. May I suggest looking into The Wardec Project, which is a Discord dedicated to discussing improving wardecs: https://discord.gg/taHeYtf

1 Like

Not in this game it’s not. There is no action captured by the term “terrorism” … it is all business. Even the “business” of piracy. And you have absolutely no idea if or how many of the 96 wars are for “legitimate” reasons; whatever those might be.

Why? You can apparently recognize the difference, so why don’t you declare a “just war” against the unjust war deccers?

You might be correct, it is just your argument I don’t get. If it is an argument based on balance … now that’s a different question. But the misuse of power? That’s core to this game.

If you keep playing the victim and show yourself as weak and incompetent people will keep kicking you just to hear you moan

1 Like

Trolls and suicide gankers who are tired of being 1 shot can’t understand it, but there is a difference between piracy and war, and currently the war dec system is being abused for the purposes of wide scale piracy. If piracy and war are the same thing, there’s no point in having high security systems at all, but we all know that would result in a dead game in about 2 months.

1 Like

At its core, Eve is a pvp game. So I don’t think anyone should be immune from wardecs or “piracy”. I remember the first time my Iteron got ganked in high sec many years ago. I had over 1b in the hold, and this was when a 30-day plex was only 350m. That hurt alot, and I thought I’d never live it down, but eventually realised that was what made Eve enjoyable. So if you’re being pushed around by a bigger power, learn to make friends or come up with a strategy to survive the wardec (e.g. relocating to a wormhole or high-sec island). As a corp/alliance, you should be organising for these things.

1 Like

Fair enough. Where and when does it stop though? At what point should noobs be forced to take off the training wheels? Neither of us has (yet) made a strong argument for high sec (?) war decs being either in or out bounds under those conditions. I just “think” it should be in. (Which is also the status quo.)

Not talking about anyone being immune from war decs, talking about pirate / criminal type alliances using mass war decs to conduct wide scale piracy exclusively against the new and the weak with zero consequences.

1 Like

And there is in this game too … piracy triggers a police action (at least in hi sec) war does not.

What is your argument that war should also be punished?

The issue isn’t the war mechanic itself, it’s the function that allows for mass declarations, a timer or cooldown would be an idea, limiting the number of wars that could be declared per day, so that a massive declaration like the one mentioned in the OP would take more time and effort to pull off.

1 Like