War Mechanics Joining & Leaving Corps

he was attacked by two guys, while in an orca. im not sure how that is ‘gank like’

1 Like

The word Gank has been uttered twice

And so it begins XD

Because the game is played across multiple timezones, so a situation that might trigger the end of a war, can’t be used to avoid conflict with a war target that is active in a different timezone.

Say the war ended immediately when the Raitaru died, but it was the HQ for multiple wars, then any other corp also at war with Lords of the World, but not playing in the EU timezone, would have the potential where conflict they were planning for their timezone against Lords, couldn’t then go ahead. For example, say they had a final time on a POCO owned by Lords of the World coming up, then ending the war immediately would protect that POCO from destruction.

2 Likes

Suddenly becoming hostiles, attacking, killing and immediately becoming non-hostiles afterward. Its about as close as you can get under the war-dec mechanics. It isn’t a gank but I didn’t call it a gank.

Alright, I definitely see the oversight from me there. That’s a good point.

If you want revenge, declare war on the next corporation they join, or join as allies against them in any war they declare. They are already punished with a 2-week rejoin time if they do this, so there’s quite a lot of inconvenience attached to the action.

Also, even if they were forced to remain in the corporation they joined, it’s not like you could forcefully make them undock to get your revenge.

1 Like

Honestly the OLD war decks before our current system was way worse. We didn’t have war immune corps in 2017? Anyone could be wardecked and it was not a 100mil weekly fee it was based on how many members where in the corp.

I like to count my blessings honestly. It’s way better then what we had before.

HS was a lot healthier back then though

Yes, there have always been war immune corps in the game.

2 Likes

Wardecs were bad then, but still a hundred times better than what we have now.

1 Like

I remember saying that any change would be good just to shake things up and that “they can’t make it worse than it is now” It seems ccp took that as a challenge

1 Like

I championed the war HQ, and non-wardeccable corps. But making structures the defining feature of war eligibility was a dick move.

2 Likes

I was in favor of needing a structure to dec, i was never really in favor for the non-dec corps just because NPC filled that role just fine but yeah I don’t think they could have implemented this system any worse.

Then they probably fired off an angry ticket demanding compensation…

1 Like

See section " Leaving and Joining Corporations or Alliances with active Wars"
Consider it a lesson learned.

1 Like

not sure if this was brought up, i was scanning through it and didn’t see it.

imagine being in hisec and when the HQ goes pop, anybody still fighting after the war immediately ends would end up most likely being in the cross hairs of CONCORD for criminal acts in hisec. So there’s another issue why a war cannot end right when a castle is knocked over.

Nah, that would be handled by the limited engagement timers that start during any type of aggression.

Also all the active threads just got locked and this one’s probably about to be as well.

1 Like

I lolled for real at this bit

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.