War On Corona Virus!

This observation makes absolute sense, based on locally low dietary selenium (Se) and its mooted implications for reduced immunity.

Popular science articles were published 30 years ago noting that global influenza outbreaks tended to become more virulent once they had gone through Se-deficient populations in China. Coincidentally, an example of a Se-deficient population in China would be in Hubei province (capital Wuhan). The possibility that COVID-19 did therefore originate outside China does seem quite possible, but then so is the likelihood that it subsequently took off in China simply because of naturally limited immunity.

This same mechanism was mooted to be the reason why initial HIV infections in southern Africa were inexplicably high in the heterosexual population. The three initially at-risk populations identified 40 years ago (for AIDS, before HIV was identified) were gay men, intravenous drug users and Haitians. But, no-one seemed to take much account of this high heterosexual infection rate in southern Africa and a potential correlation with the underlying soil geochemistry. Now, if you look at that same African soil geochemistry, specifically Se, the low-Se geochemical regions correlate very well with high Ebola incidence across the combined Congo, Angola and related regions. (No idea how other Ebola hot spots compare with alternative micro nutrient deficiencies but idea is still seductive.)

Given this proposed underlying susceptibility to viral infection based on micronutrient deficiency, the concentration of SARS in regions where Ebola is already “endemic” makes absolute sense. Back in China, it has been known for 60 years that a particular form of heart disease was caused by an otherwise benign virus, specifically in regions of low-Se, and that this could be prevented via Se-supplementation. What makes less sense is that human trials of the impact of Se-supplements do not seem to have advanced very far since then. The form of the Se, method of its delivery and dosage all seem to play a part and yet there doesn’t seem to be a definitive protocol out there for how to ensure high enough levels? Nor does parallel research appear to have gone much beyond papers noting that Coxsackie virus, influenza and even progression of some cancers appear to be limited by good dietary Se levels but again, without proven human trails on how to ensure that dietary level.

Bottom line, the potential to protect yourself from COVID-19 via Se-supplementation is empirical but appears sound enough. So, if you really need to start hoarding food stuffs, I would potentially stock up on Brazil nuts.

Well…I’ll look into Selenium, then…because…I’m inclined to think vitamin and mineral deficiencies cause us many issues…

There are all kinds of strange covid19-related cures and preventions out there, though…shoot…there’s one Iranian cleric who says rubbing violet oil on your anus cures coronavirus… So while somewhat cautious, I’ll check out some of the things talked about in this thread.

1 Like

You know, it all comes together and starts to make sense now :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Buttplugs made out of ginger work the same way one could say. Then watch the ginger buttplugs prices soar.

3 Likes

Oooh how i wish i had any social media accounts now, i would spread the butt plug thing so fast :rofl:

4 Likes

Hurricane season in the U.S. is less than 74 days away.

With hurricanes causing the temperature to drop in regions hundreds of miles from the epicenter and hurricanes usually traveling in fives one right after the other, the likelihood of the virus spreading and infecting more people in the next few months compared to now, is definitely more than likely to happen.

Not necessarily. Gun & ammo sales are reportedly increasing rapidly in US. That’s bound to result in increased “social distancing”. Can’t say what it will do for the death rate mind, but it could keep infected varmints at bay.

So now you are calling people who are infected, “infected varmints?”

“How’s the weather?”

“Shtty…with 100% chance of more sht by afternoon, with chance of sh*t carrying over into the late evening being 100%”

The only way to solve the pandemic is to separate people from each other for two weeks and isolate everyone, allowing the virus to run its course in those infected. The carriers at that point should be identified rather easily.

Without total isolation the virus will continue to spread. Because you can’t isolate all Americans, the virus will continue to spread as care free people, the “I’m tough and invulnerable” will bravely go out into the world and then…whack…down they go with the virus. The person then returns to their friends that are in small groups and then…whack…another one is infected.

The rate of infection will be infinite until a vaccine is developed.

The weather will also continue to be a contributing factor as the rainy season will cause temperatures to lower in regions across the U.S. On average , raindrops have temperatures somewhere between 32 F (0 C) and 80 F (27 C). Secondly, when temperatures drop, this changes the behavior of the human population. People tend to spend more time indoors and in closer contact, making it easier for the virus to spread.

If you are concerned and don’t have the means to get a mask, try this:

Gas masks will not work as the virus can remain active for up to three days on the rubber/plastic surface thus making respirators a prime means of continued spreading of the infection.

You will need:

Most important *** Grandma or Grandpa, Aunt or Uncle who can sow, quilt or stitch***

1. Several bandannas of standard size, at least three

2. Cloth glue.

3. Velcro Strips, cloth glue or sowing thread and needle

4. Scissors

5. Brown lunch bags, Corrugated Cardboard, Copper foil, coffee filter (depends on what you are able to afford and have on hand.)

6. Measure the area of your mouth and nose and draw it on the bandanna.

7. Cut bandanna material from other bandanna to make a pocket from that is the same size as the area you measured on the bandanna.

8. Cut velcro and velcro attachment pieces the same length and width.

9. Glue the velcro strips to the pocket material and bandanna.

10. Velcro the pocket to the bandanna.

11. Velcro other strips inside of the main mask so that you can velcro the mask to the inside of a shirt or hoodie jacket.

12. Before placing the filter, put round holes in the filter to allow air flow.

13. Open the pocket and place the filter in. and then velcro shut.

Corrugate Cardboard kills the virus within 24 hours.( the droplets of water containing the virus should be absorbed by the cardboard or brown paper bagging that is made of wood fiber.)

Copper kills the virus within 4 hours.

Coffee Filter - Uncertain (the fibers should trap the water based virus)

Change the filter out every three hours.

Again, not necessarily. In one Italian village where they locked everyone down and tested them all, they found that 6(?) people out of the total 80+ who were infected were asymptomatic. So, no testing, no identification. How long (or if) these people would have remained infectious after two weeks is unknown but it is still a risk that carriers would not be easily identified.

Of course, if you apply the EvE way to RL, and shoot anyone before they get close enough to take your face mask, then problem is solved.

ITT:

Dial it back a bit. It’s not the end of humanity.

Take sensible precautions, be aware, and take care of each other. Fear-mongering is counterproductive.

2 Likes
2 Likes

My sister works in Obstetrics for over 25 years and managed to reach the 1% with it.

If that 1% tried to gain control over my work without paying me enough and keeping out from having enough, and doing fraud against me, and attack me, they could be in for a long time.
It may not take military intelligence 1% of that to figure it out.

It turns out obstetrics use similar anti-septic which is also good against the new pandemic.

I’m searching about the Hibi Scrub commercial product leaflet as it contained all the important information required to use the product safely.
I will try to post it shortly, or, when I find it. I know that I have recently seen it, from around March 12, 2020, so, around 8 days ago.

However, it does use Chlorhexidine Gluconate at different percentage.
Most are 2% or 4% , some 5%, and , some higher, to be used with more medical precaution…

That product is not to be used on certain parts of the body, like eyes and others.
If it happens, irritation will occur, and require to be cleaned to solve the reaction problem.

Technically, new products can be done with that percentage as long as it is safe to use.

There is a live stream at this time, and they mention about creating new ventilators, and Face Mask, as well as General Motors.

This drill may work to fix your computer, and, hard disk, however it won’t fix the threat and problem.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/03/06/who-coronavirus-director-general-this-is-not-a-drill-sot-intl-hnk-vpx.cnn

20% of 300 million people is 6 million people who may die from this.
20% of 7.7b people on earth is 154 million people.

Every percent of people who may avoid contracting it to save those more vulnerable may work.

80% of the population who contracts it does not suffer fatal results from it.
The period of the problem is around 2 weeks.
Some people do have only mild symptoms for 2 weeks…
It doesn’t mean that the problem is any less serious or contagious, and so on.

For instance, in Canada, to cure 20% of people would be around 600,000 people.
The largest hospitals only have around 1,004 beds, to some 3,000 to 3,500 beds.

Another important factor to consider is,
are those who were previously infected and do not show symptoms anymore still a potential risk to infect others, after the virus left their body, or, stopped from causing symptoms, or does it leave their body, and does not risk to infect others after. ?
??

Also, if 20% of the medical administration pays 80% of the medical investment costs , why do 1% have around 40% of total assets to invest with?
Do they delegate their asset to the 20% so they can pay and cover the security?
How could that work?

As for the 80% of healthy people who pay 20% of the cost, well, I can see why they are healthy, and less at risk to die.

Can the virus be rid of if you put it in a smelter?
I can just imagine how much harder it would be if we were to say,
get hit by an asteroid or comet that would raise the temperature to smelting like point.

WATCH LIVE

CTV News Channel ongoing coverage and updates on the COVID-19 outbreak

MONTREAL | News

Hospitals challenge public to design life-saving ventilators amid COVID-19

Katelyn Thomas , Digital Reporter

@katelynvthomas Contact

Published Friday, March 20, 2020 9:50AM EDT

Volume 90%

Backed by a prize of $200,000, teams who sign up for the Code Life Ventilator Challenge are asked to “design a low-cost, simple, easy-to-use and easy-to-build ventilator that can serve the COVID patients, in an emergency time frame,” reads the Montreal General Hospital Foundation’s webpage.

Registration

The deadline to submit your project is March 31, 2020.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1926040&jwsource=twi#1926040

In-depth: We must continue physical distancing ,

also commonly referred to as , although erroneously so : “Social Distancing”.
Physical Distancing.

Starting with the first reported outbreak what does the algorithm look like for each infected region separately. Basically the wavelength of infections that spike and then decrease.

Once you have all of the data in wavelength format, overlay all of the wavelengths on top of each other. What you are looking for would be consistent dips in the virus spreading to new areas and infecting people. Once you have found those consistent dips fold the wavelengths to create trough in the center. The trough could represent a delay in the reproduction of the virus across all regions or a natural factor that is actively attacking the virus that we have not come across yet.

CCP already has the mainframe up and running for the Discovery Project. All CCP needs to do is gather algorithm data and input it into the Discovery Project. The infection rate is really no different than the ups and downs when looking for transiting planets.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1924963&jwsource=twi#1924963

In-depth: Dos and don’ts of social distancing

I don’t think people who already had it can become infected, although I read it may be possible to get it twice or more, although that may still need to be confirmed.

Additionally, can 2 people who have it work together without risk of infecting each others?
In other words, can they work together while in quarantine?

The measles infection rate is the highest at 15.

Project Discovery: Lessons From Scientific Research in EVE Online

5,978 views • Jul 12, 2017
GDC
295K subscribers

https://twitter.com/i/events/1219057585707315201

Coronavirus: Trump invokes the Defence Production Act

The total number of global cases has surpassed 250,000, including over 10,000 fatalities. Over 87,000 patients are reported to have recovered. Get the latest updates from around the world:

:us: More than 14,000 cases reported in the US

:it: Italy extends national lockdown, overtakes China in death toll

:saudi_arabia: Saudi Arabia suspends outdoor prayer at two holy mosques

:kr: Japan welcomes Olympic torch amid coronavirus outbreak

:india: India prepares to halt international flight arrivals

:argentina: Argentina to also go into full nationwide lockdown

:united_nations: Information from WHO and health agencies

:spiral_notepad: Information from journalists, health experts, epidemiologists and more

The total number of recovered cases globally is over 87,000, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.

4 hours ago.

16 hours ago.

Total Confirmed 244,517 - Total Recovered 86,025 = 158,492 left cases.
158,492 cases - 10,030 Total Deaths = 148,462 current cases (Confirmed).

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/d-1/page-5.html#h-172078

Today 4:30 PM

Freedom Mobile Update: Keeping
you connected is our top priority. At
Freedom Mobile, we want to do our
part to provide some certainty for
our customers in these uncertain
times. In an effort to help you stay
connected and informed, we will be
adding a bonus 2GB of Freedom Fast
LTE data to your line at no extra cost.
This data gift will be available for the
next 30 days. Let’s all stay safe and
take care of each other.

–

Where Did Viruses Come From?

3,388,093 views • Jun 12, 2018
PBS Eons
1.22M subscribers

Interesting that the virus hasn’t effected Russia very much. I wonder why that is?

1 Like

No, they can’t go out and stores are empty.

It’s misleading medical information, and the quoted text was removed.
I had to add it after, thanks to my information systems skills.

People are scared.

Tick.Tick,Tick

Now, we know that the virus spreads to humans through droplets of water that is exhaled from the respiratory system during loud and forceful conversations as well as sneezing.

What about the virus being transferred person to person during the summer time as a result of mosquito or tick bites or from any other insect known to feed on humans? Can the virus spread from human to human in such a manner?

Will the virus survive inside of the mosquito to become a new type of virus that merges with viruses inside of the mosquito? A virus that has no vaccine but continues to spread as a respiratory disease?
Instead of being infected, human to human, how likely is the virus able create a new reservoir in insects that feed on human blood?

People are often times bitten during the night by mosquitoes, I’ve seen it happen and have been through it myself when I was younger. So if the mosquito is able to pass the virus onto the next generation of mosquito after biting an infected person, the virus might be able to spread at an infinitely exponential rate.

• Mosquitoes and ticks can’t spread all types of viruses.

• At this time, we have no data to suggest that COVID-19 or other similar coronaviruses (e.g. SARS, MERS) are spread by mosquitoes or ticks.

• For a virus to pass to a person through a mosquito or tick bite, the virus must be able to replicate inside the mosquito or tick.

https://www.mosquito.org/news/492656/Can-Mosquitoes-Transmit-the-Coronavirus.htm

No data, means, they have no idea. You would have thought after the SARS outbreak of 2002 they would have had data determining if SARS can replicate inside of a mosquito and then pass onto a human.

1 Like

Bollocks.

2 Likes

.int

Top level domain

Description

The domain name int is a sponsored top-level domain in the Domain Name System of the Internet. Its name is derived from the word international, characterizing its use for international organizations and treaty-related purposes. Wikipedia

Intended use: International treaty-based organisations

Registration restrictions: Applications screened for eligibility

Actual use: Intergovernmental organizations and organizations with United Nations observer status