Wardec infinite rehash

Look, to make this work you would need to eliminate all Hi Sec player owned Structures. This not only includes POCOs, Citadels, and POSes, but also any anchorable structure that if you shoot it, you face a criminal or suspect timer. In fact, this would have to apply to low sec as well. This includes anchorable cans (like the ones used to advertise corps on gates), mobile tractor units, and mobile depots.

The problem is, war decs are they only valid way to eliminate such objects. And any argument made that you could gank or take a sec hit and go suspect by shooting the smaller structures means you are attempting to force your play style on others. If they can’t force their play style on you through war decs, then you can’t force your play style on them.

Now you could say, ok War decs are valid in all spots except hi sec and no hi sec structures. Problem is, you eliminate fun wars that have create ample content. For example, Red vs Blue. Yes they are not as big as in days past, but still, the mutual war between the two had provided tins of entertainment (and destruction) to so many people in EVE. In fact it has been a way for many people to get started in PvP. And the war is still going! What… 7 or 8 years now I think.

Then there are things like when RvB went to war with EVE uni. It was great fun as both sides were able to enjoy a hi sec war without having to run to low sec and dealing with 3rd parties or security status issues. Why can’t such fun things exist? You may not like the mechanic but others have turned it into great fun for many.

And what about Faction Warfare groups? Citadels are an issue in low sec. A neutral citadel can impact the war. Yet if one side wants to eliminate the citadel without taking a security hit, they must Dec the citadel owner.

I’m sorry but just because you don’t see the value in war decs doesn’t mean they don’t exists. And to argue they hinder growth in hi sec is incorrect. If your corp can’t grow despite being decced in a harsh, challenging game like EVE, then it’s you who failed and need to try again, not the game that needs to change.

5 Likes

Good write up.

Just one teeny thing unless something had changed when I wasn’t looking.
Shooting MTU’s doesn’t cause a CONCORD response, AFIK.

Let me know if I’m wrong.

–Curious Gadget

2 Likes

You are not wrong, it causes the offender to become suspect but nothing more, no criminal flag for shooting an MTU.

1 Like

Suspect flag for hitting an MTU .

Dammit, beaten to it.

GG

But do you face a sec hit for shooting one? I thought so, but may be wrong.

Suspect flag doesn’t give a sec hit, criminal flag does.

My apologies then. So hi sec could get 1 anchorable structures, MTUs. That’s it.

Wanted to check in-game but unfortunately it seems standings and sec status logs only go back a month or such, anything beyond that seems to be cut off which is ridiculous and lame.

Though @Jonah_Gravenstein confirmed it anyway.

To add to that you receive corp standing loss with an NPC corp if you actually destroy the MTU of an NPC corp member, with “property damage” (or similar) being the provided reason in the logs as I recall. That is my personal experience anyway (based on memory as logs no longer exist unfortunately).

Nice hair, dude!

Corporate Management, 20k isk, create a new shell corp, >2M isk, learn to use something more functional to organize your guild than the concept of the “corporation” that has most Eve players API crazy, 0 isk.

Wardec, at least 50M isk.

In fact, without roles, you can freely hop between your shell corporations, meaning you have the advantage of both getting the wardec paid for you and deciding when to engage by leaving the wardecc’d corp until you are prepared to engage. Seriously, you are not playing Eve correctly if you don’t think you don’t have an advantage.

Take it from me, the corp attendant.

1 Like

My reaction upon checking his portrait

4 Likes

Yeah tbh you want to do high sec with wardecs and all you got 2 really easy choices.

(1) Leave said corp with alt and join npc corp tadah no more wardecs and concord is back on your side… cheesy yes…effective yes.

(2) You have 3 toons on one account. Make three different corp. Once gets war decced move to another one and space them all over the universe. Pain yes… effective yes because most pvp wont go 22 jumps to smash your little ship.

More efficient imo if you have three accounts instead of three chars on the same account as that way you can train them parallel and have three fairly equally developed alts instead… though this only works well if you play as Alpha unless you can easily afford subbing / plexing multiple accounts.

My reaction upon seeing yours, and then clocking his corp name…

5 Likes

LoL

72 - 0

Yup that’s him.

3 Likes

I look forward to seeing the return of a phrase that never fails to make me smile.

2 Likes

You m’lady, have won the game with this statement.

I am just testing some stuff out.

I have been collecting and gathering Skill injectors for a return of a more familiar name. Was curious to see how hard wars actually gotten. and how hard it is finding people. Turns out it is like riding a bicycle. Was onl planning on doing it through December and jan. Now I got start to making isk. Only need 20 more billion :slight_smile: Already used up my reserves of 77. ahem… Anybody want to buy the last remaining known corpse of Cannibal Kane? There was only 2.

Idiots will idiot and loose ships… predators will prey.

My real char needs level 4 locates for all amarr and caldari agents so that will keep me busy.

Soon.TM

Also… you guys don’t miss much o you. Here I thought I was being perfectly sneaky and hidden.

3 Likes

the hair gave it away. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pose is somewhat telling too.

Meneer, u moet uw spel verbeteren :stuck_out_tongue: