Wardec infinite rehash

Why do you think that?

Then I am clearly playing wrong. How should I motivate a new group of players?

Telling them, ‘by joining us, you will be executed by those in faction and T2 ships, and you will never win, until a year has passed,’ doesn’t seem like a selling point.

Any advice? What should I say? I’m not good at PR like CCP Falcon.

read this, there is farr more information in there than you will ever need to run rings around the current highsec lads,
trust me iv been at war with the lot of them at one point or another

1 Like

No, you should be saying

“Hey kid, want to learn how to survive in EvE?”

Because you never win in EvE.

There is no winning.

1 Like

That’s, uhm, because they are.

What should I say to this other than… HTFU? Don’t be a victim? Sorry, but this is EVE Online, not Hello Kitty Online. This reads like EVE is the wrong game for you and you want it to change instead of accepting that you just don’t have any business here.

No, it’s not. Every other MMO targets the lowest common denominator. Stupid people. At least EVE was different (it isn’t anymore), but EVE still is a PvP sandbox. If you don’t like it, go play another game. It’s that simple. You don’t have to like EVE and nobody is going to hate you for admitting that.

many small corps are not full of noobs ; player corp can anchor pos’s , POCO’s , and structures in high-sec , and make good profit . there has to be a way to fight over them , and war decs allow that .

while i agree that the content of your post is more important than the alt posting , it would be interesting to look up this war history to see how your corp fit ships and handled themselves . the problem may not be “worthless new players” , but a worthless ceo . putting new players in battleships is risky , and seeing the fits would give a clue to how well you did as a ceo in wartime . you should take a look at your own performance and see what YOU could have done better , and how to improve in the future . there’s a lot more to it than handing out ships .

and you mention the safe nest of high-sec , well for some players war-decs are what pushes them out of that nest .

1 Like

Do you really want me to answer that? I’ve had such a nice day so far without having insulted anyone. Do you really want me to break that now?

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hold on, let me get my popcorn ready.

i feel like this guy believes raising children in a safe environment will prepare them for the real world.

i don’t even know why people keep talking about things, instead of just killing all those weak … well, insert your favourite term here.

3 Likes

Ok, another misconception that I’m happy to annhiliate. I like EVE. But is EVE intellectual, is it MORE, or BETTER?

No. It’s just a take. I was a PennMUSH Wizard on a text MMO before Meridian 59 came along and created graphical MMO’s. I understand the idea of risk/reward and how to do MMO fairly.

I succeed, not at a stellar level, here, but good enough. I do pvp well enough. I have an average record. I won some, I lost some. It’s not about my personal glory, here.

At this point, it’s a TrekMUSH wizbit that’s talking. Saying, this MECHANIC is unfair. I’ lose money hand over foot. I hand it out like it’s candy, when you’re a noob and you’re TRYING. I don’t care about isk/hour, any more than the average player. I’m not multi-boxing a fleet of miners. I’m not gaming the system in any way.

I’m annoyed because all of our recruits, ‘snowflakes’ that one of you mentioned, are so easily dissuaded. Because of wardec mechanics. I can’t make anything, if I don’t have anything to work with.

Wardec makes sure we don’t have anything to work with.

4 Likes

If you are a CEO:

1. learn how to survive wardecs, while maintaining active and enjoyable play, then teach those skills to your Corp members, or
  2. find someone who does have those skills and work with them so you can understand, and or have them teach your Corp.

In terms of the first option, the easiest way is to find a Corp led by a good CEO and join it for a while. Another way is to join one of the wardec groups, learn their tactics, and figure out how to counter them (less likely path). Another alternative would be just go straight to null for a while and learn how corps manage risk, then transfer that approach to a highsec corp when it is at war.

The last, which allows you to stay in highsec and learn, is to use the second option. Find a good CEO, or someone experienced in managing wardecs and work with them so you gain the skills that allow you to keep playing during a war, while maintaining safety.

It’s really not hard to do once you do some basic things.

This following statement brings my own bias here - if you don’t know how to survive a wardec yourself, you’re not a good CEO for a highsec corp.

Seems a bit harsh, but it’s a kind of 101 requirement for a highsec CEO in my opinion.

3 Likes

I beliieve raising children in a semi-safe environment will prepare them for the real world. Yes, I subjected my kids to harm, but when that harm was going to really hurt them?

I intervened, and told them why intervention was necessary, and pointed out that cup on my nightstand. Every night your daddy turns that cup over. Because it may be the last time I use it. So I turn it over. We meditate on death, not just emptiness. We practice, in our meditation, compassion for all beings, but know that we, ourselves, will likewise suffer and be reborn. Today might be might last cup of tea.

Flipping it over is just admitting it.

Then stop giving isk to people who dont take your advice, ship up into a bunch of frigates and run the enemy ragged trying to catch you.

Hell, go to low or null, they (the enemy) probably wont even follow you.

Make an adventure of it and write your corp’s story of awesome.

If the money doesnt matter then take the correct tools to survive, not make isk.

Youll find a way to make isk with those tools anyway

2 Likes

I don’t really understand your problem with wardecs. Every time someone wardecs me, I either ignore them or it’s hunting time, depending on the mood I’m in.
And EVE community used to be well-known for being intellectually superior to every other game community out there. It was reasonably free of the intellectually inferior. But with CCP dumbing the game down, making a tutorial that a first-grader could complete and their marketing targeting the instant-gratification mindset of today, that sadly changed.

Why would you feel insults are needed?
I’m asking simply because my experience was that high sec was very safe in contrast to the other areas.
Paper Cats was never wardecced. Don’t know why.

Welcome to EVE.

Don’t be so sure of that.

Risk and reward is almost entirely up to the players and not the Devs. If you play smart you’ll minimize your risk even if the other guy plays smart too.

In short, when there is a war on don’t be dumb. Do not continue to do things as when you are not under a war dec.

CONCORD exists to punish players who attack another player outside of the proper conditions. They are not there to protect you. They are there to destroy the ship of somebody who shoots you illegally.

As for you ignoring the remainder of the points…see, right there that is you taking on more risk.

On the contrary I would argue it can stimulate growth and development. If you find yourself in war dec you’ll need to develop strategies to survive and even beat your opponent. Of course, if you turtle up or just throw your bling ships at them it won’t do you any good at all.

If you can’t handle some HS war deccers how in the Hell do you expect to make in NS?

2 Likes

read the blog i posted, also be thankful devils are on holiday.

3 Likes

I’d inevitably have to talk about AFK cloakers and that would bring up all the angry feelings about morons and CCP. So I wouldn’t insult you personally, but I’d throw a lot of bad words around.

1 Like