Wardec Nerf incoming

some of you are laughably inept and ignorant, likely couldnt see a fact if it came and slapped you in the face shouting the words “I AM A FACT”

Fact is wardecks will change very little, only corps with structures can get decked; open to abuse but hey, not like the current system isnt.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHA
wardeckers know how to play the game
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

what sort of game you think this is dude lmfao
the “only shoot people that cant fight you”/ “it has guns quick dock up” game loooool

if you seriously think pvp in eve is about sitting on gates and docking when a fight comes along i think tbvh, you dont beling in eve

plays the game as it was meant to be omfg lol im in tears at that jebus that was funny.

2 Likes

Well, the initial post you responded to was my comment regarding player corps with carebear CEOs preying on newbies to fatten their own pockets, while limiting these same newbies how they play the game and how they explore what the game has to offer. Did not really have anything to do with game mechanics, it was a response to another comment.

Your response was in support of such corporations, saying the newbies should just ‘git gud’. However, if you came and knew nothing at all about eve and got into one of these corps, the chance of staying and finding eve exciting is rather low. These are the parts I want fixes for. Never said I wanted more nerfs to aggression. That being said, the wardec system needs a rewamp, but it should be followed with a nerf to highsec mechanics as well.

Nothing in eve should be safe. But you need to give people a chance to figure out eve first.

1 Like

extracting all skills except proteus, cynabal and my alts augorer/guardian skills.

so i can ‘play the game as it was intended’ LMAO

SHIiiiiiiiiiT that really got me

lol

2 Likes

All I say is that this is absolutely lazy. It will fix nothing. The stupid idea to tie it to structures was around for years but even that idea was usually more fleshed out with some winning conditions or a special structure attached to it.

I bet they didn’t even look at how many of the corps that get wardeced and don’t fight back have structures. Because it is probably the first thing a indi corp will build.

Instead of a real fix or even showing what they have in mind they introduce this useless nerf. I guess it’s a “let’s just do SOMETHING to calm everyone down”.

Anyway, my other corp is now immune and I can finally add all the support chars which will greatly simplify logistics. Because I don’t have structures and some corps payed mercs to come after me, so that is gone. Thanks CCP.

4 Likes

yeh they will need to fleshit out more than just tying it to structures for sure
does code have structures?
LOL
yeh… :stuck_out_tongue:

Which still is a good thing. They need to get good. This is a MMO and new players need to reach out, discover things, fail, succeed, get blown up, get scammed, make stupid mistakes, learn learn learn et cetera.

Being a newbie finding things out was to me really exilaration when I started. And then I found a corp named Brave Newbies and never looked back.

Is it more difficult for the newer players to walk a similar path nowadays? No, it isn’t. All it takes is effort and put some ■■■■■■■ time and brains discovering what this game has to offer. If I can do it every new player can do it.

According to Reddit they say CCP also showed that 5 corporations are responsible for 50% of all wars in EVE, and that their average KDR in wars is 105:1.

2 Likes

You got lucky that you got into a good player corp as a newbie. Not everyone is so lucky. Some will end up in some random corp where they only allow people to fly specific ships in a specific way. And yeah, no one is forcing them, but the result is just them quitting the game before they’ve even learned what eve is really about. They are not enough invested in the game, so why torture themselves if they don’t have fun playing a video game.

Personally, I’m all with you making eve as hardcore as possible. However, one cannot ignore that eve’s retention rate is low, with a game model that is already niche. Eve needs to be better at retaining players. So we should try to treasure newbies to some degree and give them a chance to properly learn the game.

1 Like

Now is 2018. and newbies do not want to be punch bags like you in your newbies days, that time has passed.

2 Likes

Yes we do. But I have also a separate corp to make some things simpler and that corp has none.

I see the LSG troll factory is awake, no doubt it’ll be claiming credit.

Newbie corporations like brave and pandemic horde seems to disprove that theory.

Seems people love to fly out and die in a ball of fire. Cause shooting stuff and losing stuff is what really makes eve fun and is really what makes it unique compared to other games.

I hope no one has the illusion that this will somehow change now.

3 Likes

It won’t change much to wardeccers. Will just add a bit of latitude for bear corps to organize, no more no less.

1 Like

It will also make sure you know the bear corp hides a structure somewhere if you are able to dec them.

Oooops…

Every system has it’s flaws, every system can be abused.

Those aren’t newbie corps. average age is several years at least. They are just newer than the made day 1 groups that rule null. CCP released data a couple.of ff ago showing average age in alliances which somewhat predictably showed the king null alliances are the oldest and had the most alts.
It made it laughable ever claiming people.could honestly catch up with them.
But anyway. different topic for another mega thread.

2 Likes

Oh dear, you really have no idea do you? lel

Does this mean all the Null corps have to make noob friendly starter corps now to draw from?

Once again, a half baked solution from CCP.