Was King Khanid II assailed by time-travelling regicidal criminals?

Jovian nanites are “mechanical bacteria” constructed by Jovians, incapable of complex operations due to lack of telecommunication for the reason of physical limitations stemming from their sheer size. How they can explain anything?

Wait, in this parallel universe, can I try on those heels? I always wanted to know how you could wear those and not break your ankle. Lady Ekaterina, I swear to God, had to be some sort of gymnast to be able to keep up a dance with me in those.

1 Like

Given the convergence of quantum entanglement and non-binary state quantum computing, telecommunications at the nanotech scale become extremely viable. Heck, your pod’s burn scanner does it.

2 Likes

Interesting story. I grew up a farmer, like most of my Tribe. I think I saw my holder’s wife in high heels once and thought they looked silly.

I still cannot wear them without walking like a baby kid. (That’s a goat for those who do not know.)

2 Likes

Magic.

To be entirely fair, my understanding is that is entirely the point. They make you walk on your toes, much like a goat. Something I would absolutely not understand had I not grown up just shy of two meters tall and spent time in Amarrian ballrooms. It’s easy for me to say that looking a few centimeters taller isn’t worth it. Not always so for everyone around me.

Actually, you want to step with the heel first, not the toe. And it’s not just about looking taller, but it also defines your calves and gives a nice look to your posture.

Learning how to walk in them is mostly about practice (and walking slow, with small steps).

4 Likes

I’ll make sure to pay closer attention!

3 Likes

Sera and Samira are entirely correct.

As for running in heels, that would have to do with balancing on the balls of your feet.

Which you shouldn’t attempt until you’ve mastered walking in them.

3 Likes

Do you find that a regular enough occasion that the practice is worth the time?

I honestly find this utterly fascinating.

Me, personally? Yes, because I love heels and most of my shoes have them. I don’t think I would tend the land in heels, but I do wear them around town and on stations, and apparently I’m going to be attending more fancy functions that require them too. I’ve also hunted in heels once, to prove a point.

Generally speaking, though? Maybe not. Depends on whether a person uses heels just for special occasions, and how often such occasions arise.

2 Likes

What precisely were you hunting in heels? I’ve a Brutor brother who invites me well-nigh weekly to spear hunt large game with his party. I can’t think of a single thing I could have managed in my brogues, let alone high heels…

EDIT: Just making sure to clarify, we’re certainly not off topic here! Miss Samira’s knowledge of heels and her well-defined calves could easily be relevant if she is a highly-trained, time-traveling assassin.

You’re gonna take your brother up on that offer, right? That sounds fantastic.

We heard reports of an anhanguerid (very big bird), but it eluded us. We did leave with an elk, though, which I took down via crossbow.

And of course not! Now we’re talking about hunting game, just like Samira hunted Khanid II. Or maybe just like she will hunt Khanid II. It’s all a bit tangly.

1 Like

Oh, whenever I can. Being asked to join those hunts isn’t entirely social, and I am aware of the significance. Also, it’s always a great time! If you are interested and don’t mind being around an Amarrian archbishop and a bunch of Matari believers, I’ll let you know when I can next attend and try to secure you a spot.

1 Like

Absolutely! Besides, I’m kinda known for keeping odd friends already. “Amarrian archbishop” wouldn’t be the weirdest entry on that list.

1 Like

Well, jot it down!

1 Like

Was King Khanid assailed with a heel?

2 Likes

Have you ever been hit by one? Some of those look like not-insignificant weapons.

1 Like

I’m a fan of stilettos.

You decide which I mean.

2 Likes

It takes more than just heely shoes to give your calves super definition. You need the right exercise routine as well. And then you too can have calves like mine.

2 Likes