"We need to attract new players and get some isk off the street." "I have an idea....put nullsec difficulty rats in HS." Who thinks this stuff up? :psyccp:

Its easy to explain. The harder it is to earn ISK in game, the more people are going to buy PLEX and sell it for ISK.

2 Likes

What?

Please don’t.

No, you’re just hardly worth the time it takes to shyte on your ■■■■■■■■. I am however the exception to that rule.

1 Like

So, start playing again.

Everyone should come back now so they can be reminded why they quit in the first place.

2 Likes

grrr affordable spaceship stuff grrrr ccp

What is it that you’re even complaining about here? There’s nothing inherently bad about prices dropping. It’s not CCP’s job to prevent that from happening, but you’re speaking as if you believe it is?

Sadly it’s starting to look that way to me to.

I just don’t get CCP thinking on this. Eve is a highly complex subscription based game there is nothing like it. It’s not some cheap arse free to play game. That you can throw out there every 3 or 4 years and milk the player base for everything they’ve got.

3 Likes

I have to say, yesterday my inner Wilan was whinin so much about Quantum Cores it came out my mouth and I raged.

Today Im going to reorganise to be stationless.

Do I care? No, because Ill adapt.

2 Likes

The problem is prices crashing on the market affect every profession in game that doesn’t give ISK as a direct reward.

While you make some very good points (I, too, live on the wrong side of Niarja, and the police on most of those 45 jumps have a dead-or-alive warrant out for me, and switching accounts to get some very simple stuff done is not gameplay), two remarks: 1. trigs (or edencom) are worse than nullsec rats and 2. how do you get to the “problem” of scamming, it seems unrelated ?

We don’t know what the final outcome of the trig invasion space opera will be, something will change for sure. Losing the single hisec connection between two allied empires can’t be an endpoint, can it ? Hmm, food for thought.

1 Like

You lost my attention when you said “ccp ruin high sec” little edencom…
Protect your system or find a new home

2 Likes

lol, actually there was no loss. It was on an alt that was in a Stratios but I crashed the gate and made it :wink:
this was funny though.

Some are responding to this thread with their idea of what ‘winning eve’ is.

If you have the time or interest, CSM @Mike_Azariah covered maybe a dozen ways of Winning in Eve - this is a talk he presented at Eve Vegas 2017.

2 Likes

Bad start.

Getting rid of scamming? Good luck with that!

What I love about EVE is that scamming is an integrated part of the ruthless universe here. In other games, where scamming is ‘against the rules’, you will still see an equal amount of scams, except now they’re prohibited. And thus the scammers are even more annoying because they’re using throwaway accounts anyway.

No, you won’t get rid of scamming in EVE. Prohibiting it won’t stop the scams. Just rely on your common sense not to fall for them yourself and take EVE scams as they are: part of the flavour of this game.

2 Likes

It is a lot more probable than getting rid of gambling in game, or getting rid of push towards making game as inconvinient for everyone as its possible, in hope that players will spend more $ for convenience.

3 Likes

1 Like

Why is your “constructive” part about fighting scammers when your whole post was about the Trig invasion?

I’m kinda lost.

EvE hasn’t got mainstream afaik.

And if it has, despite those things you are crying about, it means that the game has success as it is and don’t need to change the game design for no apparent reason.

Yeah OK, tell that to CCP/PA.

Tell what? That their game is not mainstream, at least not yet?

I mean if they think it is, by any mean they are completelly lost and have no clue what the frequentation of an actual mainstream game is.

But don’t worry, I’m pretty sure they know.

Games cannot be stagnant. Eve is suffering massive population losses, and ccp is changing the online numbers to make it look stagnant, but in truth is not.Do you doubt that? Then explain why it seems that as each day go’s on, there is less and less people. Eventually people will realize this claim is truth.

On another note, around 35-40% of the current online is alts. That means the numbers are a whole lot lower then people think even if the above is now true.

Most importantly the game needs to change (ignoring all of the above) simply for the same of removing it from stagnation.

So no matter how you look at it, the high sec ganking, nullsec catering needs to go, for the future of eve.