Weird GPU temp issue

That is not the problem, but you ignoring every single question that might lead to a solution. People would even have told you where to look if you just told “i don’t know where that is - please help”.
But ok…you don’t know about your rig.

But it seems you play EVE? May i ask how you play EVE?

Do you know what fitting you have on your ship?

And how is this different to the the settings of the escape-menu in EVE? Or when asked about the readouts of EVEs framerate monitor?

Why are you capable of docking at a station, but not pressing Escape and look at the V-Sync value setting and tell it if asked? Why is there a difference?

Or are you afraid to ask?

1 Like

But this is like the very first question a repair guy asks when you take your laptop/computer in for something. On Mac they just ask the serial number which will give them all the specs. You wanna tell me Windows repair guys will just take in a computer and not ask or care about the specs?

At this point, ive just accepted that this guy is a little cuckoo.

People who really need computer help will at least try to describe the problem the best they can and even can tell you what os is on the rig….at least that.

Specs are easy to figure out. My 12 year old granddaughter can find the specs on a computer. Its really that easy.

The guy just doesnt want our help. I just hope theres an update one day about how the issue was solved.

2 Likes

That is why i find it so amusing now - that there is seemingly a difference of windows in EVE that can be read if they contain game info and those that can’t be, if they contain game settings…

Normally people complain about not understanding and being able to play EVE - yet this is no problem, but if the information is a wrong window called “settings” in the very same client, the information suddenly can’t be read…

It is however possible that not everyone knows the EVE fps monitor - something you could then just ask and get the reply: press CTRL-f

Then a window pops up that shows letters and numbers like what DirectX Version is used, what GPU is accessed and if FPS throttling is active. Basic information useful for all such problems. You just need to open it, watch it and report on it. In the game. Not even complicated stuff in the operating system or to know something about it.

OK - that’s with both toons running and in station - after I loaded up, stopped both toons and re-started both of them…running a cool 60C

FPS throttling is NONE - it changes to not focused when I do the snip

You have a 6 year old computer it seems….the video card is from 2019. Not to say 6 year old rigs wont run the later games….but for a computer…6 years is ancient. Maybe its just time to buy you a new rig.

There come a point in a computers life that any adjustments, tweaks, or fixing small issues just wont make a bit of difference any longer. It looks to me by just looking at the video card you have there….that the time to upgrade has arrived.

Now i know different people have different situations. Not everyone can just dish out cash for a new computer. All i can tell you is what ive done when i know that my rig has reached the end of its life and that is to just bite the bullet and buy a new one.

I feel like there is some more info that needs to be given…..but you just continue to be as vague as you possibly can with this.

His problem is he doesn’t want to admit his computer is inferior, so he keeps trying to hide that, but that is the issue.

1 Like

Same on both chars if the error is not present? (You show only one FPS monitor of one client) And what is shown on both FPS monitors if the error is present? (we want to analyze the error and not the working condition, right?)

Age doesn’t tell anything and other games are not the topic here.

You run run EVE very well on a 16 years old computer and also multibox. On a Phenom II X6 1090T for example. Wouldn’t run the newest games due to missing instructions, but for EVE it is racing like an F1 car.

Same goes for the GPU. You can even run those two clients on older GPUs. Also if you watch the posted FPS monitor screenshot you see a consistent max out of the supposed F-SYNC at 60hz.

So don’t communicate “felt” truth, stay on specs.

That GPU is WAY over the recommended specs for EVE and also way over the minimum GPU:
https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/5885219196828-System-Requirements

1 Like

It absolutely is the topic. All computer specs are the topic here. Older out dated components are absolutely the topic here. Its why the issues are cropping up. Your just splitting frog hair now. You ever see frog hair?…its really tiny.

Ive already mentioned what low ball computers can run this game….im aware that it doesnt take a beast to run this game.

You know damn good and well that these folks will post specs that are minimum to run the game but it may not always be exactly what it takes because of the updates that the game has received.

Computers are like snowflakes. What those minimums tell you dont mean squat. You and I both know a 6 year old computer has more issues that either me or you know about. The OP wont tell us unless we fish for the answers to our questions. His computer is outdated…and needs updating…bottom line.

Is your computer 6 years old? How old is it.

I swear…they say the gankers are the toxic people….but from my perspective…the gankers are the folks with the most common sense and also have their logic together.

@Aiko_Danuja Thank you for calling it as it really is.

I mean really…im i toxic for agreeing with gankers? Is my mentality in the right place? Am i really that crazy and off my rocker? Why do i agree more with gankers posts than all these other people.

Has EVE Online driven me totally loco? Do i need to find help? Im giving myself a flower people.

:rose: :rose:

lights a cigarette and doesnt care any longer

1 Like

Read again, the GPU is not just above the minimum, but also above the recommended specs. The specs are up to date for the current game and have just been updated this year at March 2nd.

In fact i run this game very well in multibox setups on a 6-core phenom ii x6 1090T which is 16 years old and has a GTX 3050 in it. And i also run in on a 16-core G34 Opteron with 256GB RAM that is 13 years old and has a GTX 1650 in it.

I also use Linux for this and not Windows.

The next battlestation for me will be some 8 year old 40-core Xeon machine with about 1TB of RAM and a yet to be decided GPU.

1 Like

Have you tested the device? In my experience, older equipment is depreciated and often not operating at stated specifications. While an older device might theoretically be suitable, in practice this is generally not the case.

1 Like

Wow, you would be blown away with even just a slight upgrade. You would be one of the extreme lucky ones running that ancient rig. You situation would be in the minority. You may be a person that is very computer savvy…and can keep old stuff running. The op is a 180 degree of that and has no knowledge of his own rig. Why would we be having to pick and prod him for details to fix his issue.

His rig is old. As long as he plays EVE, hes good, right? That means he aint playing too many other games. Im betting other games give him issues as well.

Youre a dinosaur. What other games can you play on a 16 year old rig.

Your flower :rose:

Dust Bunny

Still would be able to play Crysis.

That is the only benchmark that matters!

1 Like

I have an 8 year old motherboard and a 7 year old processor. My computer still kicks ass and displays just fine on 3 4K monitors. The GPU is only 2 years old. I’ve pretty much maxed out this motherboard and until I actually have issues in games, I’ll keep it. It works great in all the games I play- even Flight Simulator 2020 which is a huge hog!

Not everyone will just throw away a computer that performs just fine simply because it’s past the 5 year mark. I can do anything I want on this machine. I built it and I know how to keep it running.

1 Like

I think that’s wasteful anyway. Like the people who need a new phone model as soon as one comes out.

I exclusively use Macs, and my laptops last me 10 years (and even more for low-resource activities like writing). My iMac is from 2015 and there’s nothing wrong with it whatsoever apart from the fact that you can’t update the OS anymore. I will still upgrade to a newer model once I’m at a 10 years’ mark, but that’s because by then it really will have become slow running EVE.

1 Like

Nobody said that. Of course if its working fine, youll hang onto it. Nobody in this thread said anything about throwing stuff away that still works. We are talking about computers with issues, not functioning properly, and its clueless users.

Unlike the op and his rig. Thats the subject here.

1 Like

Guys, Gals, I am also now having weird temperature issues with my PC. Ever since I sat a candle inside so I could see what is going on in there, the temperatures have been raising to not good levels and I do not know why. It is most certainly not the hardware or anything I have done. I think it is because of eve. I do not know what they changed, but they changed something!

Fun fact, when I read the first post my first thought was: This mf is using DX12.

When he showed the FPS window… DX12.

Some people… I swear, some people…