Welcome to the Agency - Feedback

I’ve expressed my distaste for “dailies” before. On the last go around it was determined that this mechanic did not live up to CCP’s expectations for player engagement, which honestly surprised me, and I was glad to see that the feature was being retired.

But now just over a year later, it’s back.

In an ideal world, CCP would work to develop ways to make players want to log in that don’t resort to the equivalent of dangling a shiny object in front of a cat. Develop mechanics that encourage… dare I say force players to engage with each other and drive home the point that the players are the real content.

I generally don’t care about ship nerfs or module balance or whatever. The stuff that changes EVE on a granular level. I can deal with that. But I feel this kind of stuff changes EVE on a core conceptual level. It changes EVE from what attracted me to it in the first place, and brings it more in line with the kinds of games I tend to avoid.

Yeah, I get it, it’s optional. But it’s the principle of the thing, damnit. Where’s my benzadrine? Someone bring me my benzadrine.

13 Likes

I’ve actually got a question, is this going to be a recurring thing and if so how often?

2 Likes

My thoughts are pretty similar to many already expressed by others, but for the sake of statistics, here goes:

• The overall idea I really like. As a fairly recent immigrant into Eden, I’ve only seen two other EVEnts so far, and both were of that really dull and unpleasantly cutthroat type that merely encouraged people to behave shittily. This new one is more diverse, and is rather reminiscent of “achievements” or such in other games, which appeals to completionists such as me. However…
  • The rewards are downright laughable. I am still doing the challenges that I can, being the OCD completionist that I am, but there is no incentive to go out of my way. If this is a prototype/trial run, then OK, and if it turns into an ongoing thing, then maybe, but I think the rewards need to be cranked up a little. Also, it would be great to have options: so, CHOOSE a SKIN, instead of being offered just one, for a ship that many players don’t have, and some never will (and no, selling that SKIN is unlikely to be worthwhile, given the oversupply I expect to see.) This being the “top” reward, it really disincentivises the affair for many, I suspect. So, give players some choices, so they can pick something relevant to them.
  • Some of the hoops will be too high for some (many?) players to jump through before the event ends, unless they are prepared to spend many billions on training, and then buying the ship (signature combat site in a T3, I’m looking at you! For newer players, sig-site in BC would also present a problem - sure, they may be able to jump in a Gnosis, but still need to cough up the ISK, and train enough weapon etc skills to actually be able to USE the ship - Gnosis with small turrets, anyone? LOL)
  • If the more advanced challenges are to stay, then the player needs to have the option to swap it out (I agree, limit this to forestall abuse, but maybe up to two per day, and with the proviso that that challenge will never show up again - so an “Are you sure?” prompt would be a good idea.)

Incidentally, are there hidden criteria for the “complete a signature site in ship-class=X” tasks? I ask this because I was doing a Blood Vigil in a Myrmidon, just after warping into the inner room I realised that I should have gone to answer the call of nature BEFORE going through the gate, decided “no worries, I’ll just warp out and back in” - got back in and finished it, but the challenge didn’t get completed. If single-visit is a stipulation, it should be stated as such (and had I known, I would have held it, heheh.)

6 Likes

The time VS reward is poor. Do all challenges for 2 days and you get 1 plex.

You’d be better off mining or ratting for 14 days and just buy the skin if you really want it. Personally I don’t as you’ve given us zero choice of cruiser skin so a tengu isn’t worth anything to me.

3 Likes

This is just more fluff to attempt to string along existing players while simultaneously presenting some sort of imaginary “daily quest” hype to attract WoW players. Please get off this carebear kick ccp and do what REALLY needs to be done right now. IE: revamp null Sov system and remove null NPC bounties.

EDIT: I can’t believe my 15$ per month pays somebody to come up with garbage “content” like this.

5 Likes

well i shot someones loot and i got concorded wtf
how come i can steal their loot
but im not allowed to shoot it
where is the logic

2 Likes

I agree that some PVP sort of tasks would be interesting. It’s too bad these “daily” events only include PVE.

Strategic enforcement - Kill someone while flying a tech III cruiser
Pirate Eradication - Kill a player with -10 sec status
Bring the law - Pod someone while your ship has a police skin on it
Bountiful Prey - Kill an industrial with more than 10M in loot
Miner Defense - Kill someone who has killed a mining barge in the past
Battlecruiser enforcement - Kill someone while flying a battlecruiser

6 Likes

My critique to development team of about Agency.

1. Do not even fix any obvious bugs before the release. Really, i know you cant fix all problems with it, but you can fix biggest and most notable problems before release on TQ (and start shitstorming).
  2. No choice of awards, although it is easy to do. Really, all EVE flying on Tengu? No. Solution
  3. We can`t cancel or reload challenges as well as not turn off this event for yourself at all.
  4. 5 PLEXes - too small for veteran and new players. It would be better if they were not added at all.
    They are designed for experienced players, because there are BC and T3, but the rewards for this activity are simply insignificant in beginning and in middle.
2 Likes

I got bored even by looking at tasks. Then I looked at rewards part and got just annoyed. Ppl will probably complete tasks like that only if they are already doing stuff like that every day or really really dont have to do anything anyway.
For now it is not challenging and not rewarding. With something like “Agency” we could have something hard to complete, requiring joint efforts but restricted to some small numbers and with low probability on getting some really good stuff.
Another bad thing about agency is that it looks exactly like it looks. It is common daily missions very familiar to everyone who played any MMORPG. It is… sad to see things like that. Worse than that would be probably only if you will start to reward daily login in game with progressing rewards for 2, 3, 4 days etc.

4 Likes
  1. The rewards are too small to make it worthwhile unlocking.
  2. The missions are primarily aimed at high-sec
  3. I live in wormholes and I’m not going to scan a rout to k space so I can do enough missions just to earn a measly amount of plex
  4. There need to be massive missions rewards for more difficult tasks. E.g. kill a sleeper battleship/drifter.
  5. Players should be encouraged to do missions in dangerous space. This can only be done by offering big rewards.
4 Likes

Few bits of feedback -first of all, thank you for introducing dailies back into EVE! Also great to see the Shadow of the Serpent interface get some love.

The first major point I wanted to make was that all pirate races, except Drones are represented in the Pirate Eradication task.

Further testing indicates that Drone NPC kills do not count towards this tally.

This essentially means that 8 of the Nullsec regions that have Rogue Drones as their main NPC cannot complete this task which can be completed everywhere else. Was this a deliberate design choice or an oversight?

5 Likes
  1. Any PVP “missions” will be abused.
  2. These tasks will be difficult for even veteran players and virtually impossible for newer players, assuming there is a way to make sure it’s completed legitimately. I agree these rewards are abysmal but they are designed to attract newer players.
3 Likes

If the rewards are abysmal then they are not attracting new players but merely putting the stick before the carrot and when they arrive at the carrot they would remember only the stick.

3 Likes

Unlike the Sisters of Eve I do not have an option to ignore the Agency or consider them hostile actors. As there is no option to decline the use of these “boosters” the only way to avoid being poisoned by the Agency is to not log in for 2 weeks.

As such I consider The Agency a criminal organization with intent to poison the entire capsule pilot group. These boosters are unknown, undeclared, unwanted by myself, and unable to be declined. Congradulations CCP you have given me a reason to stay away for 2 weeks.

6 Likes

Today I got a task to locate and finish combat cosmic signature in a battlecruiser. I did that in Gnosis and the thing didn’t get completed, I didn’t get points for it. I guess problem is in the ship type!? Pls fix it

2 Likes

Stealing loot is within Eve Online’s idea of Pvp.

Just shooing loot is griefing.

1 Like

what a dumb rule
that makes no sense at all

It’s not game mechanics, it’s personal :slight_smile:

Was it a basic instantly warp-to anomaly or one you had to scan down? Because for the agency mission I’m pretty sure it has to be one of the anomalies that requires being scanned down.

2 Likes

i wouldnt be surprised im sure ccp have plenty of reason to hate me