What are the actual ISK/h rates in Highsec?

YES! I always joke around about this in WTM it’s such a sad fact. Fully agree with your points. It’s honestly above my pay grade to even start thinking about this whole dynamic. It really makes me wonder why the people who cry about ganking so much… Further you are from jita/common routes your gank risk is pretty much 0 on a day-to-day basis.

3 Likes

CSM and CCP have zeroed in on this and one of the major changes that everyone seems to agree on is removing L3 and L4 missions from highsec, removing incursions from highsec, and flagging abyssyls as suspect when launched in highsec. The majority can agree on this change.

1 Like

Well, I agree there is a problem. But like I said, I’d rather the risk be increased, than the reward decreased. Nerfing rewards may bring things back into line, but it will also encourage people to move more into other areas of space. Great for them, but not so great for HS. Moreover, I don’t think any are of the game should be a “PvP-free” zone. So, idk. Perhaps a mix of upping risk and reducing reward might be a good solution.

Of course, no matter what you do, it’'s going to cause a whole lot of tears.

The only solution is removing highsec/concord at this point to make all zones fair.

You greatly overestimate the size of the echochamber you sit in.

9 Likes

Clearly you do not know how most of the playerbase wants to play. Very few want to play pve or in highsec.

I don’t think CCP can affored to do any more nerfs for awhile people are already on the edge, better to just buff low and null more.

Maybe give low sec and null sec some system wide buffs, and only give high sec silk trade route some agility/warp speed buff’s so other market’s than jita can start to grow more.

It could be a little more like nature, if people walk a path enough through grass eventually you get a sand road that is more efficient to walk on.

Maybe from all the fighting in fw space the vacuum is saturated with explosive residue or something that makes everything more volatile increasing Damage by 20% or something and maybe reduce’s agility by 15% so we can’t run away as easily and if we can’t run away as easily we do the pve in a pvp fit.

The damage would change the entire low sec meta letting us re-theory craft, it will also make doing pve more profitable, but more dangerous npc’s should definitely receive the buffs too :D.

And if CCP do nerf high the best way to do it would be indirectly such as increase mission lp rewards more in low and null which dilutes lp and so on. But from what people are saying here is missions seem a lot more balanced than the rest of the activities with 1bil/h marks.

1 Like

Oof better not let Zoria hear about this. I hear triglavian torture is quite …

1 Like

You have no clue. The population distribution has been widely published.

If you consider that when Eve advertised as having 300k active players the most they could get participating in a war was 10k or so then pvp players rate as less than 5% which is the norm for most MMOs, pvp players with actual balls less than that.

3 Likes

I like this. Global increase of a warp speed like during racing event but everywhere. Game was just much more enjoyable in those sectors. Even with such buff it will still takes a while to travel anywhere mainly due to the some weird delay when using gate, unloading sector, showing you “cool Doctor Who tunnel” and reloading sector, but this would be step in right direction.

Finally a balanced suggestion that makes game more enjoyable. Well done. You should repost that into its own thread. Not that I believe CCP would do it anyway, but what if?

1 Like

You will be surprised what CCP read’s they just are not allowed to respond. I have seen lots of suggestions posted on forums over the years that CCP have implemented.

1 Like

Married soon? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Did he sign a prenup?

1 Like

It just feels to me, and the changes done between my absence just made me more convinced about it, that game developers are purposely ignoring any suggestions even for QoL improvements because they can call all these annoying and unfun aspects of the game adversity that makes the game more challenging. Adversity is good, but adversity like gate-to-gate jumping is for the most part just artificial mechanic to make players to spend more time in game not earning anything. It is padding.

I remember this old thread where players were supposed to post small QoL improvements. Never seen any one of them to be implemented in 3 years I played. Certainly not any of mine despite some of mine QoLs acquired quite a bunch of likes. Of course, it might be possible that some QoLs from that list were actually implemented and I just didn’t realize because I never done those activities and I can’t remember every single QoL ever suggested, but it sure looks like it to me.

Is that thread still active or ppls realized they are just wasting time?

Don’t think it matters Aiko can just gank him and take his wallet from his frozen corpse’s hand. :wink:

1 Like

It’s just a loading screen so that people don’t have to load 2 or 3 systems around them before hand and only have to load 1 so less memory usage with a loading screen. CCP are doing everything in their power to allow more ships on grid in the same system for bigger fight’s the longer loads on gates was one of the sacrifices to make this happen.

Hmm about QOL’s I can’t remember tbh I know we don’t have to update clones anymore lol…

You are arguing with a doomheimed character.

2 Likes

Yes I know the reason for a gate animation. I was thinking, hoping, perhaps it could be speeded up somehow, it is 2022 afterall. At the very least, why they don’t fix the fact that sometimes it takes up to 6 seconds before your ship actually uses the gate (while still being invulnerable to other players) ? Even if this is part of the loading process, it would be much better if that extra time was put into that jump animation. It really makes you nervous when this happens. “Crap did I pressed jump or did I not? Can they shoot me? spamming jump icon over and over

1 Like

Yea Sometimes I randomly land on the gate and have to move 300m before jumping and I wonder can a tornado lock and kill me in this time why am I landing 300m short is it becuase I’m a light weight with no momentum? lol.

At least we don’t have to make 0 book marks on gate would be such a pain.

1 Like

Every time you jump successfully just be grateful you’re not stuck in an infinite warp tunnel animation. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes