What brought you to EvE?

By any chance was one of them really short?

1 Like

The story about the t20 incident. If a game’s developers play the game themselves AND cheat in it, it must be good.

4 Likes

Are you saying they didn’t force you to drink burnt wine?

You got off easy.

1 Like

As a proud Irishman and outspoken drunken shite poster I hereby demand to know what this is or so help me I will hunt you down and shoot you in the mouth.

3 Likes

I yield! I yield!

Please fine Sir. They made me drink it. Honest!
Nasty potato whiskey.

At least where I come from it is its equivalent minus the stinky herbs.

Corn whiskey is much more palatable imo

2 Likes

I here I thought you meant Brandy.

–Gadget prefers a good G&T

1 Like

The bottle I had a few drinks from dates to 1938. I wouldn’t consider it Brandy.

2 Likes

Dust 514

4 Likes

Oh you mean Poitín?
wonder where the the longboat/bearded axe wielding maniacs got that one from.

feck it, you are still standing regardless so carry on good man ,
you earned it.

3 Likes

Poitín, also known as vin de thinners.

1 Like

my friend pushed me up against the wall and made me play
i kinda just blushed a lot and said ok

3 Likes

Needed a game less murdery than CoD. I was sold on Eve within days of my free trial.

3 Likes

My buddy brought me in for Beta. In that time I’ve had some significant hiatuses.

2 Likes

I totally looked that up.

My family’s from Kentucky, so we’re no stranger to some moonshine.

I do remember running across an abandoned and spiked still during my undergrad field school. I remember explaining its ins and outs - and then later explaining to my professor why I knew what it was. :smile:

–Gadget still prefers a good G&T

2 Likes

I learned at a young age to not drink the 1st run. I gave up anything distilled years ago,except on occasion I try some local sparingly.

It brought me back to Eve :wink:

2 Likes

frugalsworld

Some of these cheeky feckers decided to get me involved when Eve went live in 03. They filled me in as a forum regular about how dangerous and deadly it was. I went to the local mall and bought myself a CD copy of the game, loaded it and created a character.

I still remember going from gallente space to our home HQ in caldari space thinking each jump I was going to die in a fire.

I miss them feckers

Sometimes I run into my old corpies

Then I put it in reverse and back up over them again…

I miss them feckers sometimes!!:smiling_imp:

15 years later, thanx Frug. Stil miss ya ya salty bastage!! Fondest memory was you all excited about afk badger mining and tell the crew. Running zyd to the manu base through mara and getting jet can lag fooked by mOo.

2 Likes

Asakai.

2 Likes

Hello,

for me it was a random search. I was sick of basically every MMO being the same fantasy bull ■■■■ so I googled a sci-fi MMO and found the best game ever!

Not only wasn’t Eve fantasy, it was dark and hardcore and it just sucked me in! I wasn’t sure what I was even doing for the first month or two, but that was the beauty of it. It’s the only game where players still learn new things after years of playing, which is simply astounding!

So yeah, best random search result ever!

o/

2 Likes

I want to play this game before it dies.

1 Like

I found out about Eve while playing a game called Jumpgate from another player in 2001-2002. Of course at that time it was in beta. He told me it was similar to Jumpgate, but was more of a strategy game. I played the beta from October 2002 to the time beta closed and had a blast. Played it again in 2003 - my first character being a Caldari female named Atrina and played on and off until 2014. I always enjoyed the game itself - the game mechanics, missions, ships and components, but was never a fan of all the drama from other players in Eve. I actually prefer single player sandboxes. But, yeah… good times.

3 Likes