What considerations has CCP made for PvE after Resist nerf?

Your previous post needs to be on eve wiki, it is very useful.

Also do we know what is R0 yet or is that changing also?

So the alvus ruler suggests the guy’s doing level4’s in a meta fit drake. The guy might also have low skills as well. Yeah I’m calling that stupid.

You don’t design the winter Olympics around people trying to ski up-hill.

His fit looks like it would sleep through level3’s though.

As I say there, R0 is the base resist provided by the ship itself, the one you see with no mods fitted. Not affected by the changes.

Yes, so this is not changing only the fittings are?

Right. I added a comment on that to my previous reply while you were writing yours. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The time in which you up in to that, really needs a thread on it’s own too.

/
Okay I will be the idiot in the room. P2 and R2 is still unknown until the 15th or does P2 only apply when the 2nd resist module is fitted (that module we know that will be changed?)

Not sure I understand the question. That’s a generic formula for the case where you may have multiple resist mods affecting the same damage type. If you only have 1 resist mod affecting the damage type you’re considering, you only need to compute what will happen to that one, there is no R2 in that case…

Yeah, basically that is what I meant, if only one resist mod was used (that we know will be changed) then we don’t need P2.

Newbies don’t run L4 missions… and they shouldn’t. W/o proper support skills they will end up with far worse isk than running L3 missions.

1 Like

Meh, minmatar shield tank will hold just fine for Smash the Supplier… and if it means that I have to swap to armor I will just replace my loki with typhoon, praxis or paladin.

Also they pre-buffed the mods on Sisi before the nerf due to tiericide, so it isn’t even a 20% nerf in effectiveness. People reliant on X-Types better find a new answer…

1 Like

Removed some off topic posts.

1 Like

Most likely CCP had a look into it and decided, it doesn’t matter much.

1 Like

No more burner missions or abyssals for me then. Might be time to quit. I like PVP but it’s PVE that brings me back.

1 Like

Dont forget this is coming in 3 waves

first one is 20% against current numbers = new_resists
second wave in 2 months is another 20% reduction against new_resists = newer_resists
third wave sometime after that but not scheduled yet would be 20% against newer_resists to make the final_resists numbers.

This had great buy in from the community and overall the balancing should not impact as much as people think unless your botting.

TLDR; PVE will be fine.

Source for the second and third waves?

1 Like

I’m sorry brother but do you have a link to an Official source stating that?

Also what community are you talking about? I definitely didn’t see any threads whatsoever demanding that ship resistance stats be nerfed like that.

One thing is for sure, it doesn’t matter to bots if those nerfs are done or not.

Now if what you say is actually true then PvE WILL NOT BE FINE.

1 Like

Yeah, dropping to 51.2% of previous resist numbers from modules would NUKE everything except raw HP/s tanks and any t1 hull without a resist bonus or damage sufficient to run a polarized blitz fit for PVE and make most PVE content massively more difficult.

1 Like

Don’t need resists when you speed tank on a large AB in a battle cruiser.

• scurries out of the room… .
1 Like

Except that most high end PvE content includes NPC Ewar effects such as web / stasis, warp scram, etc

1 Like