What considerations has CCP made for PvE after Resist nerf?

Shouldn’t this post be in Fiction Portal?.. :thinking:

1 Like

How much longer before the change goes live?

A little less than 30* hours from now.

1 Like

Speed tanking and battlecruiser is the definition of an oxymoron.

1 Like

Try 5 hours 1100 server, its 0544 as I type this.

2 Likes

That would make it the 14th of April, not 15th, as it says in the devblog: Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April | EVE Online

1 Like

Since when does CCP ever patch on Weds?

2 Likes

I don’t know, but they said the 15th on their blog, so that’s what I’m going off of.

Agreed, it’ll happen with Downtime.

Currently the in-game date shows the 14th, after Downtime it’ll be the 15th.

Okay so The Battlecruiser is looking like it is a 5th wheel here in the mission department.

Speed too slow and not enough (95% used up just to fit a 500mwd) /cap to fit to act as a speed tank even though if it could be done then that is one hell of a speed cruiser

For pve missions, warp in drop a MTU / align to a clear spot then jump 100km then use the AB to orbit at a safer distance where the % of being hit is mitigated etc.

What was the phase above “oxymoron”. hmm… how about a Med Micro Jump Drive + 100 AB?

Ok so how many CBCs have a 100km engagement range?

I am guessing you mean the Tornado / Talos / Naga / Oracle being the selection for shooting at 100km range being combat battle cruisers and no command burst modules used?

Thise are not CBCs, those are ATTACK battlecruisers, and the one that could was nerfed WAY WAY back in like 2013.

…anything that can shoot back dies quickly to them.

These guys thought they could be cheeky…they vanished about 4 seconds after that shot.

2 Likes

CBC = Command and ABC = Attack I should have known this.

Unless the mission calls for smaller than battleships I think I will stick to the Battleship.

Combat Battlecruiser to be fair.

Just saying.

Command or Combat, makes it interesting to see which turns up.

The CBC will help the most! :wink:

Well I stand corrected.

Patch hasn’t landed yet.

1 Like

So take out the sensor booster and fit a cap battery. Done. Solved. Now you won’t have to warp out to recoup cap because of the increase rep demand due to lower resists.

Your welcome. :roll_eyes:

They did it before Resist nerf - they introduced Triglavian ships set. If CCP put on a single ship all three meta bonuses like: high-dps, neut and remote repairing, than Resist nerf is just fluf-words.

Remote rep only works if you’re in a fleet with other using them too.

But yes Nester spider fleet have been doing this for sleeper sites, and most other ships can do it to differing degrees of success fulness.