What Did I Train This Skill For?

Any particular cruiser skill affects about 15-20 different ships. If you can’t take a quick look at the ship tree and remember which one was the inspiration for the training, I’d genuinely start getting concerned about the “dementia” angle that was brought up earlier.

1 Like

Maller, Omen, etc

If you are struggling to remember what you did or why, I reccomend the movie Memento, which outlines an effective way to document your progress.

5 Likes

I don’t want to get on the snark train here,

But I am a bit worried about you Altara.

Your game of happy slaps with Aiko in that other thread, and unwillingness to even consider her PoV is quite out of character for you. And now this? You’ve seemed to have your act together with clear purpose and direction. The fact that you lost track of your skill queue is… unsettling.

I honestly do hope you are okay (I’ve considered you part of the community that tends to be more on the realistic side of things so I care about your well being.)

If you want to vent or something, send me an in game mail. I can just listen. No judgements, no solutions.

5 Likes

Really? You want the game to have notes for simple things? That’s a T2 req skill and take it to four, then if you need it later you would know. Easy. I don’t think I’d like CCP spending their time on small things that don’t serve greater purposes. They should be worried about and working on real issues.

What notes do you have for me?

I’m curious if you have notes on me as well.

Maybe a new thread can be started. Aiko’s notes.

2 Likes

Ouch, that hit a bit too close to home. I’m out of here. o/

Nailed it!

@Altara_Zemara
can’t tell you how often the same happened to me, especially when faced with many choices (and on one account). There’s always something that comes up as “more urgent”, especially if you’re cross-training, are urged to follow the latest doctrines, or have a corp to run and need to be a jack of all trades.
I just learned to simply follow the queue to its end, come what may, and that saved me a lot of time later on.

Btw, I’d train all frigs, dessies and cruisers to V. Every time you get the first level in a t2 specialty ship skill 4 ships open up for you. I found it a lot more fun to increase the scope of a hull size (increasing possible roles) than to increase hull sizes (flying bigger stuff). Of course, that is a matter of preference.

3 Likes

where is the walking and chewing gum at the same time skill? I can’t find it in the entire anywhere.

1 Like

It’s in the DLC.

“EvE online, The Quest for More Money.”

@Altara_Zemara The simplest of all answers is database bloat. Each account holds 3 character records, imagine all the data they already keep on hand for each character you own. They track all your assets in all those systems and stations, each bit of data creates more and more bloat in the database. I found myself keeping some information in a spreadsheet, then I came to my senses, and realized I was taking this game far too serious. If I have to make offline notes about stuff I did and other stuff I need to do later, then the game is no longer being played by me, the game is working me.

Have fun! o7

I guess if the only thing one ever flies is a Catalyst then one wouldn’t have any problem knowing what ship one’s skills were for :slight_smile:

Gosh, that was Advanced Snark Level V.

Yes, its all easy enough if one is training for one thing…but if there’s a dozen ships, requisite bonus skills, fittings skills, etc etc, then it becomes a lot more complex. Especially as some ship skills may overlap and they are best done first. It is very easy for stuff to end up being pushed down the list. Imagine if one had a skills queue colour highlighted for each fitting. You would then see in an instant what skills to move to the top for a specific ship and level of advancement in it.

1 Like

Colour coding of fittings ( as I mentioned above ) would create no bloat at all. The system already knows what fittings you have. It already knows what you have in the skills queue. No additional database data or columns required. So all it then has to do is have an option to colour the items in the skill queue according to a specific named fitting. People could then see at a glance where their skills are.

Well, no, like if you train Amarr Cruiser you can tell it’s for an Amarr cruiser.

I don’t know @Altara_Zemara this is definitely one off your stranger posts. I’m with @Ax_l_Thorne here, you feeling ok old timer?

1 Like

What’s wrong with just remembering?

1 Like

I understand.

Instead of making a plan, Altara has been following instructions written by Mr Lee (or some random Youtuber). So Altara’s complaint isn’t with EvE, but rather the walkthrough failed to clarify what to do next. So now Altara is stuck, because it’s her first time trying to figure out how the skill tree works. The instruction manual said to train Amarr Cruiser V, but why? Altara is completely lost, and not sure how to proceed.

I think Amarr Battlecruiser comes next?

1 Like