What did people do before skill injectors?

Learning skills FTW.
And I had defender missiles at level 5. Stop laughing.

4 Likes

Well, that wasn’t exactly the most worthless skill in the game…
I think.

2 Likes

Yeah, I trained that skill up to lv 5 as well.

I had a passive shield tank Artycane fit with 2 launchers firing Defender Missiles to knock out NPC missiles in missions, worked rather well to reduce the amount of incoming damage. Actually was cool watching Defender missiles take out the NPC missiles.

Too bad CCP changed those missiles, they were a good counter to incoming missile spam.

2 Likes

We just played the game without instant gratification while having long term goals in the back of our mind. Back then character age meant something even though skillpoints don’t necessarily affect capability.

4 Likes

Back in the day, you earned the right to fly a Battleship. It actually was quite exciting to jump into a battleship after training up the skills to fly it properly, it was something to look forward to.

6 Likes

Until you discovered how slow it was.

1 Like

There is! You get to loot their wreck.

Also corporations are free to create isk incentives for their members. Reward them for blowing up enemies, etc… I’d class SRP as a financial incentive as well tbh.

1 Like

We used to fight over resources. Now all resources are infinite, so meh.

1 Like

No one noticed that OP only posted to try and brag about his income?

3 Likes

We all noticed. He is obviously lying, but we’re all trying to be polite.

7 Likes

Then PvP.

Novice Faction Warfare Sites, no T2 allowed!

1 Like

Saving it to buy a pvp account since I can fly next to nothing right now. :slight_smile:

Okay boomer, I skilled into my BS myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, just assume i’m lying, it really doesn’t matter.

You bought higher sp chars. Fights happened a lot more back then in every sec so you paid for losses.

New content also came out every 3 months. New ship classes and new modules so peeps bought into them.

Plex for good was a charity that ccp ran you could convert your plex to $ and help a good cause.

Gambling was a thing, poker, casion and sports betting many peeps wasted isk there.

People could rmt it for sensible rates 1bn isk is now $4, there was a time this was $10. Was bannable and still is.

Walking in stations was a thing and was gonna be a thing you could buy clothes for your char.

Alliance tournament was a big betting event people put isk on.

You could buy tickets to irl events parties and fanfest with isk via plex from ccp.

1 Like

Did this stop being a thing? Haven’t heard about it in yonks.

They won’t mention it. Very unlikely to come back as it would need permission from the Korean owners who are a for profit organisation.

eve 2019 everybody

After injectors it didn’t change much for me but to add another way to make isk. I used a few but mostly just sold them and kept training the normal way.

After reading a few of your post OP you may want to change the thread to, " Just wanted to show off my isk "

You seem think you got some special isk machine going. As you said you were not going to share you could of just paid cash for plex and sold it. Have multiple accounts and used extractors and sold some injectors. Whatever it is someone has done it, has been doing it, and others will figure it out too.

2 Likes

We spent years training. Thats what we did. And before we spent years training. OGs like myself spent weeks and weeks training the “Learning” tree.

2 Likes