What do miners think of bots?

Since 2012.

2 Likes

Yes, I used to get wardeced occasionally or did my own wardecs as a solo corp against larger other corps, which was quite fun. Sadly this is no longer feasible for me as I can’t be arsed to maintain a structure just for that. I’m just a filthy casual.

Most of the kills are mad miner that shot me because I was suspect though.

1 Like

Isn’t that a good thing, though? I thought the whole point of CODE. was to get miners proactive about their work?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s absolutely what we want them to do. You see, we always win.

2 Likes

The other day a miner was gloating because he tanked his mining ship so heavily it withstood a gank - he did not understand, we want him to tank his ship. James was most pleased with the miner’s obedient compliance.

4 Likes

So selfless :open_mouth:

Except for Alliance Tournament XII.

Face it Karak, your fellows really did themselves no favors with that stunt.

CODE. won Alliance Tournament XII. By refusing to allow CODE. to use either Catalyst or Talos, the other team conceded the match.

2 Likes

…Aiko, that is the most downright insultingly blatant lie I have ever seen you post.

Instead of logging off and refusing to communicate with the organizers, loyalanon and co. could have taken a leaf out of Mildly Sober’s book and made a sacrifice of untanked industrials and mining ships for the glory of James 315.

But they didn’t.

Instead of doing what James would have done and broadened their goals so that by dying hilariously they would advance CODE.'s message they decided to behave like petulant children, in the process making not only themselves look bad, but also the game, CCP, and CODE. as a whole; not to mention sticking James with the unenviable task of running damage control.

Yes, I’ve read the blog post in question, and while I certainly envy James’ ability to crank out so many words in such a short amount of time (I’m a writer), that doesn’t change the fact that polishing the turd that was CODE.'s behavior in ATXII doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a turd.

1 Like

Calm down miner!

James 315 wholeheartedly supports our strategic decision and has himself acknowledged us as the undisputed champions! :trophy:

2 Likes

So we miners can choose between buying a permit, or tanking our ship? This seems like a fair choice.

Aiko, just stop. I don’t think you realize how pitiful you sound.

That’s kinda the point of CODE. James’ goal is to make people play smart, so if someone dies to a gank or gets away because they tanked their ship/were paying attention, it’s all good as far as he’s concerned.

Complaining about CODE and the Alliance Tournament, is basically like criticizing the 1990s Chicago Bulls for ‘forfeiting’ the world championship because they refused to play the Harlem Globetrotters. The world champion boxer doesn’t just accept any challenge from every plebian yahoo at the local brothel.

1 Like

The alliance tournament was in its essence the antithesis to the sandbox. It is an organized “fair” match in a completely made up engagement with rules some dude at CCP came up in his free time.

Prior to the tournament we ganked a freighter with multiple sets of one of the other teams tournament fleet ships. We basically took them out before they could even enter the arena in the most EVE fashion there is. It is fair to say that this was the greatest victory not only in At XII but in the history of all AT ever.

You see, we won that tournament before it even started. The rest of AT XII was really just about who got second. And honestly, no one can remember who that was without looking it up.

1 Like

I’m confused as to what happened. The blog post said it was because CODE didn’t show up to fight, but you’re saying CODE ganked the other team’s freighter?

Well look, I don’t say you can’t trust the company who said they will only ever add vanity items to the cash shop, or that we will build stargates to completely new regions of space, or that will fly in planets atmosphere or enjoy multiplayer PI and walking in stations. It is up to you if you trust them or the most transparent and friendly alliance in EVE that is already known for always winning. Always.

3 Likes

I’m confused, how does CCPs story come into play? One version of the events was told by minerbumping.com, the other was told by you. And I’m asking who I should believe.

Since 2012 and you obviously haven’t read The Code. If you want to discuss any topic on these here forums you first need to get into contact with one of the agents of The New Order, get your mining permit and adhere to The Code at all times.

3 Likes

CODE. won that tournament with only one hand on the keyboard!

2 Likes

You should always believe in our Lord and Saviour James 315

2 Likes