What do miners think of bots?

Only valid story is from CCP. CODE agents are a bunch of players who roleplay they own hisec , and try to enforce that by extorting miners with a “mining permit” if you paying or not is up to you, but lore is valid only if source is from ccp

2 Likes

Well, there you have it.

Claiming territory by projecting power is like the most basic and regular thing in this game. You don’t need a sov mechanic for that, it works in lowsec, wormsec and highsec just the same and has nothing to do with RP.

Pretending the NPC’s or lore is somehow relevant, THAT is RP.

1 Like

You can claim I agree, but CODE don’t own hisec. They SAY they do. Nothing against them but truth be told that is.

1 Like

We own highsec in the same way a wormhole or lowsec alliance owns their systems. You can disagree and ignore their rules and probably explode in the process. The difference is that power projection is very difficult in Highsec compared to those other spaces. That’s why highsec PvP is just for the true elite.

1 Like

Why don’t these people just pay for the mining permit? I don’t understand . . .

3 Likes

I don’t like the idea of paying isk for safety. If I wanted to play in total safety, I would play a different game.

When I mine, I’m always kind of hoping it will be interrupted with some extra ‘excitement’. Now, if CODE offered a service to pay 10m isk to receive extra ganking, that’s something I might be interested in…

You guys in Solitude must get lonely.

2 Likes

Only playing a month, I don’t like the idea of bots. Because I’m out there doing it the hard :rofl: way.

I’m still new enough that I haven’t gotten to wrapping my head around alts and additional accounts. Bots, at best, are competition for the occasional trip out to mine. At worst, boo, hiss, shucky darn, ew ew kill it kill it with thermal.

4 Likes

I fixed this part of your post.

3 Likes

When you ask someone if they approve of bots, most likely they will say ‘no’.

However, if you ask them ‘would you like some isk without having to work for it’, most likely they would say ‘yes’.

Very often, these are the same question, but in the former the apparent advantage goes to someone else, and in the latter the apparent advantage goes to the person being asked. The typical answers hint at a selfish hypocrisy in the people who give them.

Agents call this ‘bot aspirancy’. The condition where a person wants to be a bot, but is not in a position to get away with it yet.

I’m not making any judgments here, either on you or anyone else, but it is a temptation people should be aware of and endeavor to avoid. Easy money ends up costing more than it is worth, in my opinion. People only seem to value what they truly earn. Give them everything they want or aspire to and they end up profoundly bored and unhappy with themselves.

5 Likes

Nice editing… if all CODE agents where proactive as you, maybe hisec would truly belong to James by now.

It already does. Truly.

3 Likes

Yes , yes dear, come , take this pill, (( slowly call the manicomium nurses to contain him,))

What’s a manicomium nurse? Do you want to tell us more about it? Is it Veldspar addiction related?

1 Like

Can be , can be. Also related to spaceship destruction. :sunglasses:

This is a fallacy doctrine, a money pit, no matter what all activities in game will always continue as there is no way to stop it completely, go ahead and keep bailing your rowboat with a gaping hole in it, keep you focused on that pointless goal is what everyone will do just for your pleasure.

So because the police can never completely eradicate the crime they should just stop go after criminals altogether? The only thing with a gaping hole here is your argumentation.

2 Likes

Oh, I thought that was gibberish. I didn’t realize he was saying something.

1 Like

And who are you, sir, to tell anyone else how they are allowed to enjoy this game?

The whole point of a sandbox is that every player is allowed to enjoy the game however they want within the limits of the software and the devs’ rules. If you’re not actually interested in participating, that’s fine, if you don’t find tournament-style battles to be fun, that’s fine.

Neither you nor anyone else are obligated to participate, and since the Alliance Tournament has no tangible effect on your personal style of gameplay (aside from providing you more opportunities to gank important and/or valuable targets) then why would you have a problem with it?

What’s it to you if some players decide they want to participate in it, or any tournament, for that matter?

As far as I can tell, the only reason CODE. was affected at all by AT XII is because loyalanon decided to try their hand at competing.

:pensive: [raises a hand to pat Karak on the shoulder]

:expressionless: [lowers hand]

According to Google it’s a song from a metal band, and manicomio is a Spanish/Italian/Galician word for an asylum.

[looks at @safira_jomita’s post again]

…safira, are you aware of what the triple parentheses have been used for, of late? Because if not, then I suggest you edit them out of your post so you don’t get mistaken for some alt-right dirtbag.