What do players want?

I just thought of another thing to add to the wish list that might be kinda cool (at least for corporation CEO’s)

The ability to send emails from outside the game into an internal corp mailing list (so that you could update your corp members from outside the game without the need to log on).

It’d be great if you could do this from an email client (outlook et al) but given the limitations of the in-game email system that might be pushing it, so how about an email client embedded into an EVE web page?

:mouse:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback

Some great ideas

2 Likes

Great idea.

2 Likes

It did exist once. But they fluffed it as usual.

2 Likes

You already can send mails from the web, you just need to code a tool to use the ESI mail functions (EVE Swagger Interface) like https://evemail.fuzzwork.co.uk/ already did

CCP gave us the tools to do this if we actually wanted it, they aren’t going to maintain a website for it anymore though

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Cypherous, something like that was definitely what I had in mind.

I’m not sure that it’s working properly though because when I just tried to send myself a message I got the error message < Error thrown. - error > (I also tried sending it to someone else too just in case the error was sending a message to yourself but I got the same error)

I did know about the EVE Swagger Interface for what it’s worth, but I’m just a graphic designer in RL. Whilst I totally respect the awesomeness of the abilities of people who can do this stuff, I’m not a coder so it just leaves me stumped I’m afraid.

:mouse:

:flushed:

:partying_face:

2 Likes

Yeah HS should be redone:

• missions more like abyssal space which means random spawns and cool environment
  • HS sec status should value more, missions in 0.5 space should be far more difficult than those in for example 0.8, they should be “end game” content for HS PVE so there would be use for marauders. More progression feel
1 Like

More could have been done with Planetary interaction,

• Operating on planets, base building, planetary mission agents, First person shooter, planetary vehicles.

All part of a great sci-fi experience.

3 Likes

Addition of human resource and combat to Planetary Industry in EVE?
Its already an RTS like thing, but without the fighting.
What if people could raid other players PI instalations on planet using the resource like soldiers with weapons created in a military camp? New building peeps could add to the instalations? And give the base some defence capability upgrades?

Throw some RNG into it, an UI for showing combat numbers and results of raids, and you would have some immersive level of gameplay. Assets from DUST 514 could even be used as renders for Images.

Something like OGame have ben build just around that concept. With minimal dev resources utilization.

4 Likes

Thank you

that’s an idea with merit

1 Like

That thing was actually done also in game called Crying Suns.

Expeditions were taking part on the planets, you could send small raid of commandos with one officer to planetary instalation to raid it. Officers would have special skillset, varied from each other. The result was kind of RNG, kind of setup specific, depending on the site raided. Small, but good game part you always wanted to do and see what the results would be.

1 Like

Such a shame Dust514 was a huge mess. I still can’t believe they never released it on PC. It was the perfect opportunity for CCP to get into the FPS market the concept of planetary operations mixed with Ships in space would have been Epic. oh well.

I’m really looking forward to Elite Dangerous and their planetary operations update which has been delayed.

2 Likes

Me too

I think Elite dangerous has developed some great new content
If CCP want Eve to be more than just a spaceships game it’s a shame they aren’t staying ahead of the curve

If I’m honest they should be the curve :sunglasses::facepunch:t3:

1 Like

I can’t wait, I can just imagine accepting a planetary mission in Elite from an agent and then flying hundreds of light years to the planet. I would then land and deploy my buggy and use the scanner to find the building of the terrorist I have to assassinate. I may have to go on foot for part of the journey as I would be detected if I drove there in my buggy. I really hope I would have to hide the bodies of the security personnel I have to kill to avoid detection, it’s little touches like that which make a game epic for me.

2 Likes

Agreed it’s that kind of immersion that makes a great game

1 Like

As long as they fix Power Play, Engineers, Instancing, the lack of other players in a supposed MMO, transparency in processes (such as non-Power Play faction standings changes) and Mission glitches then I too look forward to standing in a corridor.

2 Likes

i love everything about the game!

mining, crafting, pve and ofcourse the pvp!

but another thing that makes this game so good for me is the interaction with other players
u dont find stuff like this in most other mmos anymore (besides random dungeon finder crap)

eve in my opinion is one of the best mmos ever made (together with swg :smiley: ) but im also scared that ccp will at one point repeat the mistake of all the other mmo companys that tried to rework their games and make it more ‘‘casual’’, that stuff happend to alot of mmos ive played and they are all crap now or the servers are dead (rip swg, ultima, everquest, fonline, modern wow etc)

1 Like