What do players want?

As an alternate solution until CCP implements evemail drafts:

If I understand the function correctly notes are saved while you type thus if you type your evemail in your in-game notepad they should save serverside and once done you can copy past (even with formatting) to your evemail. Though haven’t tested this but as far as I know notes are saved as you type them but if not you can close and reopen them every now and then which should save them regardless of an auto-save feature.

2 Likes

I wonder how many people in CCP would say: “they should play simpler games than EVE”

I’m fine with EVE being complex, it’s part of the reason I kept playing, but at the same time there’s a difference between “our game is so complex it’s going to take you time to do well” and “lol our tutorial is so crap people uninstall in droves, that’s how we like to see it”.

1 Like

I dont think bad tutorial ever stopped me or you from playing anything you liked because of other reasons.

I understand that not everyone is so intelligent and flexible, so discerning as we, but we cant do anything about that.

If CCP make it simpler or more extensive, or understandable with all the words people use and tactics explaining what each tool does, it will not really cover the other issues new people can have. Like having to go to Pochven first, what is equivalent of putting a new born baby into a suit and sitting it in front of Excell tables so it can start learning the job.

Amazing input, thank you :sunglasses::facepunch:t3:

https://www.facebook.com/TootingNewsie/videos/572934023291396

(for some bizarre reason the link for the video doesn’t want to play properly so if you want to watch it go to https://www.facebook.com/516571881758580/videos/572934023291396)

:mouse:

1 Like

Removed some off topic posts.

1 Like

I started to play again just recently.
Actually EVE is on of the last remaining REAL MMOs.
You alway´s feel like there are players around you and you are playing with them not alone like in all those Single-Player MMOs. So EVE is still working as a game.

Why i quit back in time was cause i was disappointed CCP gave up on a greater Vision for their game. Their was a time in EVE when those Devs had huge plans. Ok they didnt work out well and many mistakes were made but its a pity they were discouraged to continue in thinking bigger for their game.

Only a Dev team that has visions will be motivated to make a good game. Think about how things could be if they got WIS right and added their FPS for the PC Crowd and not Consoles? EVE could be so much more.

Hopefully CCP sees Eve as the gem it is and not as “security” for their next project. Its so unique and beautiful that it could last for another 20 years if they start to grow balls again and try new things that add to the game. Yes there are a lot players that do think EvE is just what it is and should stay that way forever (looking at you “crying-about-wis-crowd”). If things stay like they did they are meant to die someday.

Ideas:
Planetary Colonization
Crews (perhaps in Conjunction with planetary Colonization.
Change Gameplay of Small Ships to FPS Style, while keeping big ships. You have to “fly” your tackle.
Introduce new ships for this if you dont want to change anything on the existing.
FPS like you did but for PC with EvE integration.

True Exploration: Like Wormholes but in Systems that only exist for some time and then vanish. Temporary Conjunctions usable to jump to a constellation for a week. Randomise on things you can find there so its always an adventure with unknown things that can happen. Or Comets passing by that can be mined. Such things. Randomized time limited content that cant be settled and got a feel of untouched space.

3 Likes

They fixed the portrait problem! THANK YOU! Now I can see how incredibly beautiful I am.

So, getting back to you.

I want to be able to harness the energy of suns, maybe be able to build a Dyson Sphere and sell photonic energy “in a box” on the market for a new type of module, maybe a new weapon or new battery.
That sphere would be destructible of course but would be much harder to destroy than player-owned structures. Maybe it could have a dock, too, with services like manufacturing those photons in boxes…

I wonder how many dozens of billions it would cost on the market. Only the big corporations could afford something like that so you still wouldn’t have it even if CCP introduced it in the game.
Sorry to dash your dream of photon box manufacturing.

1 Like

Palatine Dyson Sphere

You are such a killjoy, you dreambraker grrrrr!

True, but you know he’s right too.

:mouse:

3 Likes

Left me wondering how many raitarus it would take to envelop a star. (I know, a lot!)

Isn’t that one of stations players can buy?

I want an Alpha-Mining-Barge! xD
Don’t wanna mine in a Praxis as an Alpha. xD

Then look at the soon to be Expert Systems.

Subject to confirmation, it looks like alpha will have access to a mining barge on a pay-to-use ie weekly, basis.

Price per week will be less than a monthly subscription. We don’t know how much less, but let’s safely assume that 4 x ES will be more than a monthly sub?

That is not how I meant what I wrote at all Mr. Hariet Sir.

A classic example of being careful what you wish for? T

he good news is that alpha pilots may well get access to a mining barge. The bad news is they will have to pay for it. The better news is they will be able to do that on a casual basis, cheaper than having a permanent subscription = better than nothing? Plus, you will never have to train barge skills, saving your limited alpha training for something else.