What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

oh, off the top of my head (2004 player),

jukebox, warping to exact coordinate without 2.5km deviation, the huuuuuuge biography character limit we could write entire novels, the miscellaneous contract you could shove entire item/character links into without needing to bug everyone with alliance evemails, that captain’s quarters where you could stare at your ship or pretend to be immersed fully (but get bored and disable the feature for a while)

oh man, there’s a million things. i could go on and on

3 Likes

Being able to play it, I am on Linux.

If I have to go to effort to mess with WINE, I may as well just play Elite Dangerous after all that effort.

I miss the begger girl in Ren and Jita who would rattler her tin, for the life of me her name escapes me but begging skill 2nd to non

Oh and cavalry ravens.

Hand back your furlough bailout cheque then

I miss the old outposts, once they came online they were there to stay, you could capture them, but you couldn’t destroy them, so they became landmarks. Pieces of EVE history which sadly no longer exist.

I also miss being able to travel through jump gates without getting a headache from the ridiculous bright flashes as you enter and exit them.

2 Likes

Uh huh, not warping to 15km cos you cant warp even with deviation without a BM?

I miss not having to deal with the bloody Agency window.

I can sum up a lot of these minor tweaks and “improvements” to quality of life in three words

3 Likes

I miss being able to do an update on a Linux system and having a usable Eve afterwards…

Linux was never officially supported so nothing to miss

I miss when CCP supported non-consensual PvP.

2 Likes

Combat refitting, man.

Look, I get the problems it could cause in large carrier fleets, but man, nuking combat refitting destroyed dread piloting… A good dread pilot was worth his weight in gold. Now, go ahead and log in 4 dread alts and occasionally alt+tab through them.

Man, I miss combat refitting.

Everything. especially some of the awesome people.

…miss you guys :heart:

2 Likes

The old players have been warning CCP for years. They were more interested in the $ than the desires of those who made their game successful. That’s too bad too. Eve was such a great game at its peak. :frowning:

4 Likes

I miss the 15 drone Domi. I know it was a lag bomb, but there was something about the swarm that was reassuring.

5 Likes

the old guys
i fell that eve is such an old game that there is a generational tension in the playerbase like in real life
:older_man:

1 Like

Pleasure Hubs!

2 Likes
  • Challenge
  • No login campaign nonsense
  • No handholding
  • Sense of accomplishment
  • Living outside of HiSec actually felt like being in the boonies
  • HiSec piracy
  • Corp theft
  • No scam was against the EULA
  • Not getting banned for what you did over a third party service
8 Likes

What would I do with a hat? I shaved my head expressly to look like this, a hat would just look stupid on me.
I still want a flames skin.

'ot

I miss how you could save fits for non-playable ships, like the Eidolon, which happens to still be my favorite ship of all time. (I just love the look of it.) I also like the original Enigma frigate, which looked like a Daredevil with a red shield thingie out front.

2 Likes

I miss the other half of our playerbase.

5 Likes