What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

Wait CCP removed can flipping and soon to remove ship spinning? Maybe they have something against rotating objects.

The old forums, this one is trash.

The old skill sheet, the drop downs and mouse overs are pretty annoying.

The old targeting reticle, the square was better than the circle that ended up ruining Chribba’s tattoo.

Chribba

Can Flipping

A lot of people that i used to fly with.

Really, just the Eve online from 2012 or so and before.

$15 sub cost.

Progress isnt always progress, and sometimes change is worse than leaving things be.

7 Likes

if they left eve as it was since 2012 there would be half to a third of the population now.

Maybe the better half of the game… 2012 is when CCP started destroying the game. Also filthy gen z gamers started showing up.

Yea I wont deni it was great times but we would have been angry if it was 10 years with no updates. People would have thought CCP abandoned the game and people would not invest in Eve online anymore.

They could still be doing updates with the quality devs they had… in a perfect world.

I would settle for shooting Rattati out of a cannon in a clown suit now though.

2 Likes

I know its fun to make fun of Rattati but he also loved Eve of 2013 and that is why the age of starvation to try get things back to that point before rorquals. Also he is just one guy to really believe 1 guy is responsible for everything is foolish.

But I mean its easy to convince sheep of things like this, hence why everyone calls his name and blames him. Scape goats wouldn’t be a thing if people had a higher iq than 110 thou.

1 Like

I know, right?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I miss Mittani not being a pubbie. lol

1 Like

The unknown, A puzzle not yet solved.

1 Like

having FUN.

People that weren’t whiny crybabies.

Im not saying dont update the game or add new things, i meant that changing things just for the sake of changing them to “freshen them up” or “update” the game often has a detrimental effect. Adding new ships or things to do is fine and helps keep a game going, and I’m all for that.

I know, right?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Mr Epeen, thats exactly what i was talking about, I saw your name and instantly recognized it because I also lived on the old forums way back in the day. My wife loves the state of the game and the forums now because I’m just not on them near as much as I used to be. Those forums were just objectively better than this one now.

3 Likes

This and alot of it…

3 Likes

Classic

1 Like

Learning skills & skill clones

2 Likes

Old 2005 player here on a new character.

I miss the time of contacts without mutual consent.
The old abso skin.
Wardecs without structure requirements.
To an extent warping to 0 needing work done.
The old eos.
Aura’s snazziness.
The old “harshness”.
Canflips.
The lofty scam.
Less caps.
Walking in stations.
VETO.
Beyond Divinity.
Less structures everywhere, seriously, this is a huge detriment for me.
Battleclinic and the old rentable killboards.

Nostalgia almost makes me want to say training your attributes but admittedly that was a tad of a chore :stuck_out_tongue:

Ship skins are cool, but in the past a t2 hull had a unique look. This is now gone.

I still love eve passionately, but “ye olden days” certainly had a roughness to it that made it more unique.

1 Like

.>15k Players

1 Like

More like 5k players and 10k alts.