What do?

I would just fit a prop mod and manual pilot around. It takes practice just to hit a ship moving in straight line, let alone someone flying around erratically.

1 Like

Bring multiple ships. He can’t bump everyone.

Sorry for the slight side-track but I noticed -

Do you have a fit for that ? I managed to get mine up to 220 km, but I couldn’t see how to get beyond that distance.

What ship were you using? You could actually just try to make your ship flying faster than that mach so he cannot even touch you. Though difficult because Mach is a fast ship.

May I suggest Warden II’s and put some omni-directional tracking enhancers in the lows.
The only problem I see would be that you can only fit 6 drone control links.

Here’s my current fit, it gives me ;-

Targeting to 207km
Drone control range 197Km
Sentry II - Optimal 138.23km
- Falloff 65.91km

CPU used is almost maxed-out (12.8/709.8). Most relevant skills are at V, the rest at IV.

[Dominix, long-range Sentries]

Damage Control II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
F-89 Compact Signal Amplifier

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Sensor Booster II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Drone Scope Chip II
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor II

Warden II x5

Targeting Range Script x1

This is used against NPC’s in my wormhole, with a ‘shoot&scoot’ tactic. Any suggestions for improvement gratefully received…

What class is the wormhole you are in? That Domi fit suggests class 1-3. Class 4 will be already too much since those sleepers will just eat the sentries and class 5 and 6 would require capitals.

My guess would be class 3 and it should be possible to keep those sentries alive.

Last night while I was sleeping I thought about my response and that I made a mistake.
For sentry drones, the control range is irrelevant, since they will be sitting right next to you anyways, so no control links required.

You could however fit railguns that would be able to shoot out that far without much trouble and you gain some additional firepower.

I love the Dominix and I use mine even for higher DED complexes, so I had to find a way to stay at least 131km away from the tower in the last room of the DED 8 and 10/10.
All that was required for this was one omni-directional tracking link with the optimal range script and my Warden II’s were perfectly capable to shoot at 131+ km.

Getting back to your fit, the range seems fine and if I get this right you went for a shield buffer so you either solo those NPCs and mjd around the grid whenever if looks grim and repeat until you can start collecting the blue loot and salvage.

I this artilleries have okay range but need too much powergrid. That’s why I think railguns will do fine and they have slightly better tracking.

The drone control links would be necessary for moving drones but since sentries always stay right next to you, you can remove them and fit whatever you think will suit your needs best.

Happy hunting!

Have you read a single word of the post at all?
Op isn’t dealing with any NPCs, but a bumping machariel.

1 Like

There is literally no counterplay to bumping. I cannot attack him in my relatively expensive ship because CONCORD. I cannot wardec him, I cannot attack him without being concorded, because HE ISN’T SUSPECT OR CRIMINAL EVEN THO HE IS VERY CLEARLY ATTACKING ME BUMPING A MULTI HUNDRED TONS METAL THING INTO ME.
By the time I’ve changed ships to… say a ganking 'nado, he’s docked or tethered.

Well… somebody did mention a bastioned marauder, so I’m not sure your claim of no counterplay works.

Ah yes a 3 Billion ship as the only reasonable counter to a 500m ship… This is not unreasonable at all.

By the way bastion modules do not prevent bumping. You cannot move onyour own, but you can stil be bumped in bastion mode.

You seem salty.

Yes because someone is ■■■■■■■ up my day and I can’t do ANYTHING about it.
Anytime someone is ■■■■■■■ up my day in a sandbox, I should be able to turn the situation and ■■■■ his day instead.
But theere is no way in this situation for me to do that.

It’s actually good to hear that you can easily counter a single offender so easily.

It’s good to hear that one player can make another player unable to do anything without any counter to it?
If there was like 5 defenders -> ok.
For example - I just got ganked by a fleet of BCs while bashing.
And that’s fine.
I undocked in a relatively expensive ship and these people took a fight. I knew there was 15 gankers in local, I knew they were probably after me and I decided to undock for the sake of having a fight.
I could have won the fight. There was no way to know beforehand for neither side.
That’s actual content - PvP. That’s the sandbox right there.

A single guy mindlessly bumping with no way to possibly do anything about it is not.

You have right Bob

Sure, there is. If you’re bashing with a single ship, you’re making more mistakes than just what a single Machariel can deal with.

Remember when people say to small corps they should be able to defend their assets or join a group that can? That applies to people who want to bash structures too. if you can’t take him out , join or hire a group that can

Every time I’ve solo bashed a structure, I’ve used at minimum two characters. That would solve this problem pretty easily.

And how exactly will a group take out a docked mach?