What else are you playing?

Yes, and the Scorched Earth version had code used by Windows 95 before release.

… or Windows 95 used Scorched Earth code for release…

Ho boy, there are so many.

But lately i have gone back to Cities Skyline,World of Tanks/ World of Warships and Stellaris…

Battletech is a fun modernized version of an old table-top game. I beat the main storyline but there’s still plenty to discover. Several mechs I haven’t gotten yet, I want a stalker, kingcrab and one that I’ve seen once…a blk knight?
As it works loosely with the old game, I feel at an advantage being old. :v:

1 Like

I play Cossacks 3 with/against a friend quite a lot, and on rare occasion I play Warframe… oh and Thimbleweed Park. : D

Limbo
Inside
The Fall
Darkest dungeon
Oxygen not included (still alpha and don’t get disencouraged by unserious graphic, will be very nice sandbox when fully developed)
The Banner Saga

Current other than EvE selection…
Diablo 3
World of Warships
GTA V

bunch of other stuff depending on mood.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/

Farming Simulator 17
Windows
EUR 24,99

• Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
  • 2.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD dual-core processor
  • Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card or better (min 1GB VRAM, DX11 support)
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 6 GB free hard drive space
  • Soundcard
  • DVD-ROM Drive (only for retail version)

(*) General information: These system requirements can’t cover all possible system configurations so issues could occur that avoid or influence the functionality in some cases.

1 Like

Just started playing Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory . Pretty amazing. It’s a realistic strategy wargame, in which you’re responsible for either the Luftwaffe’s or RAF’s daily offensives/defensives. And it’s a realistic WWII flight simulator, with a lot of serious sims guys devotees.

What’s pretty interesting is:
-You can just play the air combat sim part; or
-You can just play the air marshal campaign strategy part (which isn’t a joke, it’s hardcore wargamer); or
-You can do both. When one of your flights sent as air marshal encounters enemy aircraft, you have the option of hopping in and becoming air sim combat pilot. Your performance there effects that flight’s mission’s outcome (enemy aircraft eliminated, friendly aircraft lost) and the campaign overall (enemy squadron depleted by X less aircraft, or friendly squadron has one less aircraft). It’s kind of like the concept of DUST and EVE, but in one game.

(Should anyone be interested in trying it out: It’s a 2008 game, so graphics compatibility for Windows 10 takes some tweaking to prevent non-loads. I got it running by setting compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 3 and turning all graphics settings to Low or No. As I have time, I’ll go through settings one by one and twist the dials. 2008 game, but full-on graphics are beautiful, and I don’t know that graphics for rigid vehicle models and terrain building have advanced that much since. US $9.99 download price, btw. :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Hellblade : senua’s sacrifice.
This is outstanding if you’ve a good set of headphones or speakers, it’s cheap , it’s easy to run and it’s god-damned good.

Set some time aside and get through that badboy, excellent story , fantastic look into the ninth century and all-round good game.

My only criticisms are : only one save file allowed (booooo) and some of the puzzles are a tad obnoxious and overstay their welcome .
Get this , play this.

1 Like

Played that a week ago. Absolutely loved it and I totally recommend as well.

Sounds a lot like the strategic campaign mode from Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, just that as a very simple model. You would set a global target (FAI: bearings factories) and pick one of the missions to run it yourself as a pilot, then the outcome of your mission would be averaged as the outcome of the other raids planned.

Was a simple but cunning system I haven’t ever seen in other games. But then, SWOTL was a legendary game.

1 Like

YG, I was always tempted by SWOTL, because it used to be on the shelves back when we shopped for by browsing shelves and looking at box art and game descriptions on the back. But the “secret weapons” part made me fear that it was a gimmick, not serious flying adventure game. I’ll check it out, if it seems to be playable on Win 10 without needing an IT pro’s help.

Old favorite Red Baron 3D is on Steam. It’s packaged with DOSBox, so sort of install and play. I suppose there was no way to make the old geriatric do its thing on every possible modern graphics card and OS. BTW, those graphics…! At a distance, the planes are just collections of squares shifting around at diagonal angles. No matter. They don’t play around, they’re crafty. They will for sure put holes through your Albatross V’s wing struts if you let them. Immersion factor— Still 100%.

1 Like

I run an Ark Survival Evolved server. I used to actively play the ■■■■ out of this, joining pvp servers with some friends, building up and then kicking the crap out of the locals. To then move on/get banned.

These days I’m lazy and focus on building stuff and hunting for cool creatures on my PVE server.

Well, jsut think that SWOTL is ancient. No 3D, but sprites. OTOH each aircraft had a (very simplified) unique cockpit and instrument panel, and flying the B-17 was awesome… even if you barely ever could return to base with all 4 engines running. :rofl:

Vermintide 2, Conan Exiles, Tera (Enmass) and Soul Worker

Path of Exile

Everspace

Titanfall 2:
futuristic first person shooter with well thought out gimmicks and super fast and intense fun and giant robots.
probably the best shooter to have never taken off as much as call of duty inspite being made by the same dudes and several thousand times better, not to mention one of the most original IPs so far.
many people also testify that the single player offline missions are amazing, even though they only fill 5 hours.
personally I can say that the wallrunning chained with doublejumps feels like flying sometimes and it’s a hell of a lot of fun.

Quake Champions:
the recent addition to the legendary Quake franchise, with a twist on each playable character featuring unique gameplay mechanics for each of them.
some may call it a heroes shooter like team fortress or overwatch, but all it is is just Quake with meaningful gameplay choices.
Online only.
at first glance one might think it’s a run-and-gun sort of game, and in public games it often is, but items scattered across the arena are vital to success so strategy and control are very impactful and crucial in competitive games.
needless to say, Quake is a franchise known for its competitive elements and the latest installment is no exception.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and mini reviews mate. That’s what I came here looking for-- info about good stuff out there.

A fine turn based stompy mech tactical strategy game, with scope for much more DLC to enhance it. Considering it’s kickstarter funded it’s a great game where every choice you make comes at a trade off.