What EVE Taught Me

Eve taught me that being dangerous is as much a factor of mindset as it is a factor of force.

A man with a gun who lacks the will to pull the trigger might as well be unarmed.

A man without weapons who has the will can improvise something almost as dangerous.

1 Like

What EVE taught meā€¦

That ejecting 2000 fully fit frigs at once from a pos ship hangar will likely crash the node, upset CCP, and lead to a change in game mechanics.

If you are patient, CCP will make it far easier to fit a large quantity of ships in much less time.

That a war can be started simply by calling someone ā€œmateā€ too often.

That having to FC a fleet of absolutions last minute is actually fun.

Sometimes having a fleet all fly amarr ships is a doctrine and an amazing accomplishment.

Thought I rarely beat Yng, I learned more fight against him than fighting with any other FC.

With good support you can turn a bad situation into a better one.

And a teapot is a perfectly good thing over which to fight an eternal war.

Careful, a null sec stooge will complain about you being mean to null sec cartels.

EVE taught me tons about cultural development, long term politics and politics in general, marketing, propaganda, how to use the division of people to oneā€™s own advantage and how tiny changes can affect the whole system without most people understanding.

• there are a lot of stupid people.
  • if he fell for a scam once he will fall for this one too.
  • even if he plays this game for 10 years does not mean he knows how it works.
  • people listen more closely to what you say if you shoot them first to get their attention.
1 Like

I have been playing for two and a half years now and I have only been scammed ONCE. The first person to scam me did so only because it was something I didnā€™t expect, and I was so impressed I gave him extra isk. Iā€™m pretty good at spotting iffy deals, so in the unlikely event that you do scam me, you deserve whatever you got from me.

1 Like

Then there are silent, content solo people who want to be ignored. I find interacting with other players tedious, as can be seen by the chat in local at trade hubs. Joining a corp is my idea of going to work for someone, so no thank you.

I got ganked and podded once in a wormhole, and then they asked me to join them. I told them my predatory instincts were shelved when I left the Army, and the only reason they podded me was for the killboards. So, no thanks, a-holesā€¦