What happened to the Mutaplasmids Would Kill the Officer/Faction/Deadspace Module Market?

very good point! hahaha pun intended!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Most players forget there is no Deadspace equivalent for many module types. Many skip straight from Faction to Officer. Want a Deadspace stasis web, warp scrambler or disrupter? Sorry, youā€™re out of luck.

Mutaplasmids allow us to take something we can earn (LP), redeem something that we can use (Faction) and turn it into a Deadspace or Officer equivalent where none may exist.

Itā€™s also really, really rare to completely ā€˜brickā€™ a module. Usually you get at least one good green stat that still makes it semi-useful or sellable. One playerā€™s garbageā€¦

Donā€™t forget: The type of mutaplasmids will continue to be expanded. NOS and cap batteries are next up to bat.

2 Likes

I actually ah, did some of these but not on the test server. I just ran the sites to get an idea of the difficulty and if with low skills or time, how much can I get from itā€¦ and I didnt make jack ā– ā– ā– ā–  isk wise running the sites but they were super fun imo to run! I love how it looks and feels, its new content. but it will diminish over time and use, so Im just relaxed on site running. I got into buying the mutaplasmids and using just t2 modules. I was using the less expensive mutaplansmids too. I pend around 100 million isk in mutaplasmids and t2 modules and I went home to see what Id get.

I didnt get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦

I got a few km here or there, or a few hp extra on a booster here or thereā€¦ but nothing that made me excited. I know using t2 mods and less expensive mutaplasmids wouldnt output an officer grade module, but I was hoping for SOMETHING to get me into it is all. I ran maybe 100 modules and have maybe 15 that are worthy to sell, IDK if they are good actually, most failed in my test of approval for eorthiness, while more than half didnt output a bonus stat at allā€¦ so I just dont do it now. and am sitting on what I got and wil lsee in a month or two if its worth anything.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had really good luck mutating. Nothing extraordinary (all green+++), but definitely useful. It also really depends on what youā€™re mutating.

Armor plates are very easy to enhance. Even less HP with better fitting or fewer drawbacks can be very desirable. Looking forward to cap batteriesā€¦

3 Likes

Good. Iā€™m in So. Cal. and we tend to get quite jaded about the weather. It is hard to get excited about another day of beautiful weather when you just had 53 out of the last 75 days having beautiful weather. And given the recent drought having a rainy day in the winter was actually preferred.

Here weather is a big thing.
Summer is very short.

It was the outspoken goal of introducing Mutaplasmids. Then came along a vocal minority who cherry-picked the most extreme examples and ā€œshowedā€ how they will abuse this. They didnā€™t bother considering how expensive such a module will be, but the panic still worked out. CCP paddled back.

Not true, as CPU is often an issue on larger ships, which leads to either more bling in other modules or compromising for meta4 where youā€™d normally take T2. In many cases the additional 1km scramrange will not be worth that amount of trouble and additional cost, taken that you could just buy a Faction Scram and have more advantages.

You just have to accept that most modules are bricked in the process.

Maybe if you are exclusively rolling Gravid Mutaplasmids. Most modules are already bricked if they have a significant increase in fitting cost or cap consumption, because fitting them on any ship will ask for a massive amount of either additional investment for using faction where you would use T2 or compromise for T1 meta where you would take T2, which can make a fit much weaker.

Anyhow, looking forward to the next round as well.

1 Like

Also: did CCP say anything about what happened with Ancillary Repper Mutaplasmids?

Again, it really depends on the module. If you have ample fitting space a slight hit to fitting isnā€™t necessarily a deal breaker.

I turned my Deadspace X-type 500 MWD into an Officer equivalent with less sig bloom, mass, activation cost and only minor fitting penalties. As Iā€™m still well under my CPU and power grid I didnā€™t lose out in the least.

As you point out, though - that may not fit with everoneā€™s metrics.

3 Likes

Werenā€™t ancillary reppers assigned a different mutaplasmid altogether? To be honest, Iā€™m not sure. Is there no market listing for them? Iā€™m looking forward to mutaplasmids for remote repairers (we lack a Faction or Deadspace large equivalent).

Yes, they do have their own groups called ā€œAbnormalā€, but I never saw any dropping and not a single one was sold on the market yet, which leads me to believe, that CCP didnā€™t include them in the drop table.

1 Like

They made a change to the shield clouds in Abyssal space because they were having issues with ancillary shield boosters. I wonder if itā€™s related? If thereā€™s no market history then I suspect you may be correct.

1 Like

No, it was just that the penalty didnā€™t properly apply to fitted Ancillary reppers. Should have nothing to do with the loot drops in AD.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m wondering if they werenā€™t released. Maybe there were other issues mutating them.

They werenā€™t, as I said. I just wonder why and wether or not CCP said something about it, that I might have missed.

Or maybe they were afraid that these could be too strong.

I didnā€™t hear anything. Until you mentioned it Iā€™d assumed theyā€™d been seeded in the loot drops. Good spot.

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon wassup with those Abnormal Mutaplasmids?

1 Like

youre not a tree. get up and move.

It very well could happen, but CCP has been dropping huge sales on PLEX and MPTCs which both help to lower plex price. I dont know if CCP cares more about controlling plex price or making money but they seem to be happy to do what they are doing. This post hopefully explains whatā€™s going on with plex prices:

hah I still brick em!

1 Like

As I already wrote somewhere, CCP playes with the idea to skip NPC loot droping any modules at all. Meta, faction, officer, what ever. Instead players will get material to build those modules themselves. So if no dead space modules drops, you will need to mutate some common modules to get same states. And that is when Abyss will be very much used and mutaplasmids it gives will be absolutely essential part of Eve universalā€¦