What major alliance corp for newbie?

Hi everyone!

First post here, I would like to know what you guys think about this. Basically I’ve been playing for 3 weeks, I have completed the career agent missions as well as SoE missions and now I am looking to join a corp to leave High Sec and get things a little bit more exciting. I am not totally sure what I want to specialize in yet, but I know that I am interested in SOV stuff. I like the idea of defending territory and gaining territory for my corp/alliance, but my interests aren’t limited to PVP. I want to join a corp that is part of a major alliance, so I took a look at SOV map to see the different alliances that exist, but I am kind of lost.

I am not sure that I want to join an alliance thats too big cause I dont like the idea of being a ‘‘number’’ (for instance pandemic horde) so I was thinking of maybe a smaller alliance like Solyaris Chtonium (I spotted this one solely based on name)

Is this kind of alliance size/type good or am I headed the wrong direction? Which mid-size alliances are good for new players?

Thanks!
Axel

Hey @Axel_Kashuken,

Firstly welcome to the eve addiction :smiley:

In my opinion a large alliance doesn’t mean you turn into a ‘number’ and similarly a small group doesn’t mean you don’t have to battle to be noticed. The play style and attitudes of the humans that make up the group make a much bigger difference.

We are part of an alliance that holds Sovereignty in Null sec, and also has an active Low security area. When I fly in our large alliance fleets I know I am contributing to a wider picture and the camaraderie is there even if I am more of a ‘number’ at that moment in time.
When I fly out on our roams, or small group engagements the direct involvement and feedback it what makes me come back for more.

Outside of PvP I have found that getting involved in industry or just the supply and hauling of stuff that you know will be used to progress your corp or alliance ambitions has given me more satisfaction than just doing it for the sake of isk.

At the end of the day Eve is a game that you can find some similarly minded people to have fun and escape for RL for a while.

It’s been a few days since you posted, I hope you have found a place to try and are enjoying the game. If you haven’t found the right fit please feel free to give your recruitment post a look over.,

Have fun :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.