What makes EVE feel like a joke of a game to you

He has kill rights. A loss mail is better but it’s easy to see what happened.

1 Like

that only means aggression, could have simply taken a stray smartbomb blast or they took a shot at OP for lulz as they were already going to get concorded for ganking a profitable target.

also instead of being on autopilot the shuttle is sitting still in the gank capitol of eve. That just doesn’t fit the ganking newbs narritive imo.

2 Likes

Yeah, he lost a shuttle he was not defending to a Destroyer 50-200x more expensive. He lost next to nothing and was massively ahead in the ISK war.

I fail to see the problem here. Ganking a new player who has nothing is a great reinforcement of the dangerous nature of New Eden. Shuttles are a very defensible ship class, but they rely on their agility and rapid alignment to not be where the enemy is. Plus they are near disposable and thus the perfect ship for a new player to get started learning in the PvP sandbox with.

Don’t autopilot, or at least autopiloting is risky and should be done with consideration, is an important rule of Eve to learn. Otherwise, you significantly increase your chance of becoming another statistic like part of the 2T+ ISK of kills CODE. inflicted last month.

1 Like

Joke EvE mechanics, ok here goes.

Bumping, sure you can bump anyone you wish, EXCEPT don’t be bumping capitals out of POS’s that will get you straight banned. You see its ok to exploit mechanics except the ones they cant fix, so instead of fixing the problem we are just going to delete POS’s altogether and all the professions associated with them.

Item safety, yea heres an immersion breaking idea that is ok with everyone because it suits them. Here let me go burn down your house and lets see how many items you have that woosh away. Sure you can say “its futuristic”, but if its so futuristic why didn’t the whole station just whoosh away? Its one of those mechanics any idiot would say is stupid until its YOUR items at stake, then its just ok. Mostly ok because Null alliances run everything.

Almost nothing you do has a greater impact on gameplay. CCP pretty much makes the storyline something players can only effect either with Sov or FW, genius, I guess the trillion pirates I killed are meaningless, how realistic. About as realistic as the same rocks reappearing everday in the same spots no matter how many times you mine them. In fact Sov and FW have little effect overall in the story. Go ask someone in Hisec how much they care about either or how it effects them. I don’t know who in Iceland thinks its awesome that i can meaninglessly kill almost anything but i don’t think in the long run you will find this adds to the game.

2 Likes

The only joke I see is, that even after years of constant nerfs to ganking and Highsec agression overall, there are still people left like the op, who are to dumb to figure out the few small, almost effortless steps it would take them to make their gameplay 99.999…% secure and rather complain on the forums about it.

11 Likes

Except for that we had item safety since forever. In the past your items were safe in stations/outposts because only the owner switched, now they are still safe after 20 days but this time for a cost.

1 Like

So the mistake of putting stations in Null was corrected by making your items be untakable. That’s just genious lets replace one mistake with another.

This is only half the picture since Citadels are also replacing the POS where no such thing existed.

1 Like

What Ima Wreckyou said. You can now destroy the outposts (unlike before) but you cannot eat the cake/have the items (unlike with POS before, but almost like with outposts before because fittings now drop)

So if the outpost is destroyed and the items aren’t claimed in 20 days then what? Does the attacker get those items? I sure would bet not and just more immersion breaking fairy magic that makes the items disappear.

How realistic.

No, they transfer automatically to the closest low sec station and wreck the owner’s wallet in the process. And why should the attacker get the items? If I was not able to use EVE for a while for no fault of my own (accident, illness, no internet, heavy work load, etc.) and then some muppet comes along and destroys a structure with my assets inside, how would it be fair to me to lose everything when I could not do anything to prevent the loss (except for not being in a structure at all, which is moot since everything in sov null turns into structures soon™.)

On that note: I find this “Everything needs to be destructible” development approach one of the bigger jokes in EVE.

1 Like

CODE has neither in HighSec but has made their group a houehold name.
RED FROG has neither in HighSec and is also very well known.
Even Jita scammers get well known for doing very little but pasting.
Doing something makes you part of the narrative, its arguable that being a small cog in a Sov or FW group makes you any more than one of those npc pirates you blap.

The glory of EvE is that everyone is as much a part of the storyline as they like.
Scripted “You are the hero” adventures make everyone a nobody equally and mean the lore has to stay static and unchanging.

3 Likes

None of those players interactions with the game change the game at all except whatever flow of direction the isk might go.

Fame is irrelevant to the storyline, there are many a famous player who are meaningless to the games direction.

All activities in EvE are irrelevant to the games direction, no matter what you do, what is going to happen is going to happen.

1 Like

Then what exactly is it that you want to see?

1 - You don’t need alts for freighters (or cynos).
2 - There are simple things you can do to greatly assist your freighter being ok. Adapt and overcome.
3 - As for why ships don’t take damage when they collide with things, do feel free to look into PEG fields / physics of eve.

1 Like

“within 20 mins of char creation he was grief ganked”

you can only be grief ganked if you get upset, there is no griefing on people who don’t get mad or sad about being killed.

1 Like

What I find a little silly is that there are unarmed ships in Eve at all… In this lawless universe every ship should be combat ready to some point. Oil tankers in rl often have mercenaries on board guarding them in certain problem areas.

1 Like

I thought that was only if you didn’t have the password?

That’s correct, otherwise people would get banned for simply warping capitals into a capital safe pos and inadvertently bumping other ships out.

Apart from shuttles what ships cannot be armed?