What video are you watching today?

Just watch this, it might make a difference to you…

There’s nothing wrong with sugar alcohols, just our bodies aren’t exactly good at digesting them (this is why food industry loves them, they hold sweet flavor without sugar or calories). So when our body can’t handle them fast enough, most of the intake will reach the bowel were some of our host bacteria will have a wild party over them with gasses and all kind of trouble. And trouble will tend to grow worse as we eat more sugar alcohols, are exposed to more types and just grow older.

Commonly used sugar alcohols and their EU reference numbers are:

Sorbitol (E 420)
Mannitol (E 421)
Isomalt (E 954)
Maltitol and Maltitol Sirup (E 965)
Lactitol (E 966)
Maltitol and Maltitol Sirup (E 965)
Xylitol (E 967)
Erythritol (E 967)

Hydrogenated glucose syrup, hydrogenated starch hydrolysates and polyglycitol syrup (all the same thing) is a mixture of sugar alcohols – avoid!

Lycasin is a trade name for hydrogenated glucose syrup.

I would also recommend that you generally stay away from anything that contains malt and products derived from malt, such as barley malt extract.

Some derived chemicals are:

Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monolaurate (E 432)
Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate (E 433)
Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monopalmitate (E 434)
Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monostearate (E 435)
Polyoxyethylene sorbitan tristearate (E436)
Sorbitan monostearate (E 491)
Sorbitan tristearate (E 492)
Sorbitan monolaurate (E 493)
Sorbitan monooleate (E 494)
Sorbitan monopalmitate (E 495)

4 Likes
1 Like

:fastparrot:

2 Likes

Apparently I need to watch this movie called the room @Sarah_Olson today

1 Like

The Bee Gees- Stayin’ Alive x 50 cent- In Da Club (TikTok Remix) (youtube.com)

If you’re a kid from the 70’s this is our music.

1 Like

That is the wrong “The Room”.

Here is the one I was referring to. Despite its low rating, it has become something of a cult classic.

1 Like
1 Like

Its industrially ultra processed food is that makes most people fat. Corporations will fatten you, farmers will not.

1 Like

Cheap fat and cheap sugar make poor people fat. Fat and sugar (and tons of salt) are easy ways to make palatable stuff that otherwise would be bland and even disgusting (try licking a Pringle until you feel no taste, then try to eat it…).

Also: tasting good or bad it’s a cultural matter…

…or maybe a matter of species. What do vultures think about the taste of carrion…?

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Today I had watched the movie titled

Year One

A feel good movie with some funny takes.

1 Like

Watching my own. Final bits of mirrorless camera based setup all in so practice clips taken to see it all put in use.

Practice before live events this weekend stuff.

1 Like