What video are you watching today?

Rain Meditation

Very colorful backyard Japanese garden.

This one is interesting… Just a word of warning, though: if you own a irony-meter, set it to minimum response, either it might explode violently when the guy rants about “the ivory tower”.

Can anyone of you think of someone else who is… (quote) “…indulging in abstract theories, luxury beliefs, social engineering, disconnected from the real world, delusional, unelected, and unaccountable – playing God with everyone else’s lives, with total insulation from the consequences…:thinking:

Like, the average tech bro billionaire?

People such as venture capitalist Mr. “Imadeathingandbecameafuckillionaire” Marc Andreessen?

1 Like

Not really ( lie )
But I know who he really is:
speaker-marc_a-250
d03a29abe2641dd4b02a2006d15a873b

Getting ready to watch Aliens : Romulus.

Waiting till that hits DVD. The new ones are missing character development and throw out a lot of the sci-fi for gore. I guess that’s what people want though as Underwater (2020) did do poorly at the box office when it followed the old formula so well.

1 Like

WuzppVRVlcM?fe

3 Likes

It was 101 degrees today and I’m too poor to have air conditioning. The start of the movie was much better than I expected, but then started to deteriorate. I liked all the callbacks to the old movies but they just felt like references and not integral to the story. The humanoid monster at the end was just stupid CGI unnecessary body horror. I’d rather they just pivot to action and make an Alien Colonial Marines movie.

1 Like

This clearly a dramatization of a viking raid

1 Like

No, no, no, that film is clearly lacking in historical accuracy, as can be seen by comparing it to this actual footage recorded in the year 1006:

3 Likes
1 Like

This interesting video of EVE’s server hamsters in action

EVE Frontier | Official Teaser Trailer | ‘Awake Eternally’ (youtube.com)

Huh… what was that? :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s the new Eve release as far as I can tell. A new game based on Eve.

I know that, but I am seriously not making any sense of it, not as an introduction to some sort of narrative, let alone to a videogame? Also the final image with three supermassive black holes(?) is highly WTF in a “that’s not how any of this works” way. But I guess that adding failed titles to their meager portfolio is just something that CCP excels at.

4 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

OdWWt