What will make EVE players happy

Indeed…in an alt I regularly transport what must now amount to hundred of millions of ISK worth of stuff, right under the nose of gankers. I’ve developed a technique, always watch out to see if I’m being followed, know how to travel as fast as possible, and use multiple safer low cost trips rather than everything in one go, and not be predictable. It’s fun…without the gankers it would be boring.

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve had the same ‘never go to Uedama’ warnings…‘here be dragons’ sort of thing. For some time I didn’t go. Then when I finally did, it wasn’t nearly as scary. In fact I now have an alt who even lives in Uedama and makes loads of trips collecting stuff from nearby systems. As the market in Uedama is quite short on weapons and ammo…I see a good business opportunity.

2 Likes

Only cause they make it so LOL.

I seen a guy wait till gank a popped off and then warped like 12 fenrirs thru. Some people just know how to EVE.

Preach!

Preach. You’ll notice a lot of them just watch :smiley:

You have already learned to EVE sir. Congrats :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes. But Eve is crack.

Too bad there are so many gimmicks and burning hoops to deal with. Really makes it cheesy.

I’m glad you are making good ISK there and if the reward is worth it, take the risk. Gutsy player initiative and daring to aim higher is the best kind of game content generated.

I have seen for myself the number of killmails shared in the “Why Were You Ganked” channel and some of them are very impressive operations. A lot of them are in Uedama and understand why, at least for me as a new player, the concerns are not just hype.

But good for me because it’s helping me stick to my New Years Resolution to quit smoking.

1 Like

You can see if there’s ganking going on in Uedama simply by looking at the ‘ships destroyed in the past hour’ display on the map. Last Saturday it reached 500 ships an hour at one point. I was actually in Uedama at the time…watching it all. There must have been 40 or so gankers in the system…and more next door in Sivala.

But most of the time, nothing much goes on. Safety gankers have a few scouts about…I was there late last night and there were just 4 members of Safety in the system.

You can see what’s going on ahead of you in any route, by sending in advance an expendable alt in a cheap empty shuttle that is unlikely to get ganked. Set destination to Uedama beforehand, then all you have to do is click each next system as it automatically gets highlighted on overview.

1 Like

That is great advice. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Ive been away from the game for a while. Too many carebear concessions ruined the high-sec lifestyle for me. Decided to investigate a comeback.

Texted a few of my old Eve mates. Some were Indy-primary guys. Not all high-sec pirates. They all said the same thing different ways:

“All the changes to high-sec made the game not fun anymore”
“Game got way too fluffy, im done.”
“Too much BS, not enough Fun”
“CCP ruined the game. I can’t log back in and definitely wont pay”

Small sample size I know… but, is it?

I completely agree.

CCP lost touch with what made their game unique and fun. They lost a huge portion of their core players. The 25k players they have logging in are really 10k actual players, 10k alts and MAYBE (this is being generous) 5k people just trying it out.

CCP need to admit their mistakes over the past 5-8 years and revert back to where it was in 2013

It shouldn’t be easy to destroy ships in highsec. That is precisely why it is called highsec. But its not exactly Carebearland when Safety are able to destroy 500 ships an hour, as was the case last weekend…in fact for most of Saturday.

One of the true absurdities is the ability of -10 status people to tether in highsec. It makes nonsense of the whole status system if people can have the lowest stat possible yet can still enter highsec and engage with ships. All the more ironic when one considers there are parts of Eve that do strictly enforce what ships are allowed even without a criminal record.

5 Likes

I have small children and they make this exact sound when they dont get their way.

Years ago High Sec was much better. The numbers dont lie

1 Like

What will make EVE players happy

Poutine.

Poutine makes Gadget happy.
Lack of Poutine in the Deep South makes Gadget sad.

–Sad Gadget

1 Like

I like how you throw the stealth nerfs in there.

It also gives you away, but you can’t have everything amirite?

It used to be more difficult to destroy ships in high-sec, until CCP homogenized high-sec PvP to the point where there’s only one true way to engage someone (suicide-ganking).

Why was it—very counter-intuitively—more difficult to destroy ships in high-sec in the past, when PvP game mechanics were much more lenient?

Because it was actually possible to enforce consequences on other players. The ability to declare war, to assist neutrals via boosts and remote repairs, to infiltrate someone’s corporation and assassinate them, to force players to take certain paths to travel instead of teleporting all over the universe via filaments, et cetera, all ensured that players didn’t get too uppity with each other.

Today, someone can pop you ten times in a row at the cost of some disposable ships and/or tags, and there’s literally nothing you can do to them in revenge aside from popping some of their disposable gank ships in return. You can’t even make life difficult for their null-sec mains by cloaky-camping them while they try to farm.

Moral of the story about asking for the game to become safer: be careful what you wish for.

2 Likes

You can say thanks to @CCP_Rattati for this.

You can track the player decline starting immediately when he started his 2 year crusade to nerf everything. He has done more to drive players away from this game than any other factor.

2 Likes

One of the biggest failings of human nature is cognitive dissonance. It is very hard to admit error. It gets harder when there are spectators. It gets ridiculously unlikely when it is a group, with a bureaucracy and apportioned blame. In the real world just look at politics, science, medicine, religion, families, etc.
Repentance and confession are very hard.

1 Like

Good analysis. Add the easy rolling of new throw away alphas. It used to be that throw away ganker characters only had 2 trial weeks of training to be useful.

Well said and very true.

Rolling back the game 10 years :slight_smile:

1 Like