What will make EVE players happy

A medium rare ribeye steak, baked potato, and Grand Marnier soufflé for dessert.

3 Likes

in a recent podcast this year, he admitted everything done in the past 2.5 years was done with his explicit approval and decision making and planning.

1 Like

What would me ME happy in Eve? Finding a fun corps, again, that didn’t require a Top Secret background investigation to join. Save yourself the trouble of telling me why they do it. Duh. People do bad things and lie. I just want some slightly murderous folks to fly around with and kill and die with, sans the political babble, pontificating about how stupid other types of Eve players are, and just a tad bit of humbleness. And folks who don’t assume I’m happy buying a 200 Mil ship to whelp on every event so I have to spend more than my subscription.
Queue up Roger Miller - King of the Road - With Lyrics! - YouTube

Bring back player “housing”. I would be nice to have your own private space like the FF14 housing that you can decorate to your liking and invite other players to visit you “space” so you can hang out there. It would add a bit more RP to the whole game.

1 Like

If ur willing to update me on the current state of things (haven’t played in years), my group sounds like a good fit. We dont give a ■■■■ about space pixels. Just want to mine tears. Formerly Wardec U.

To do a wardec you have to have a player owned structure in High Sec space, I think. Thus a crowd of bored folks who aren’t allowed to wardec have done the math on ganking/rolling Alpha characters (free to play) and decided that that’s how to have pew pew fun. And BOY do the tears flow. I’m not in on that. Yet.

There was an actual REAL multi-year event in which a weird race called the Triglavians invaded from “SOMEPLACE ELSEWHERE”. They sucked 3 to the 3rd power (27) entire solar systems into that “SOMEPLACE” (Pochven), so Eve’s routes have become much less convenient.

Everybody dresses their spherical ships in Barbie Doll clothes called ship skins. Non functioning eye candy as you spin around your ship. I DO like the Biohazard skins because they make it a little harder to see what guns you have.

Just keep reverting all the changes until CCP Guard comes back.
Then I would be happy.
Bring back CCP Guard and the o7 Show!
Make EvE Great Again!

It’s less a matter of gameplay mechanics and more of a lack of out-of-the-box thinking by the players in the past.

Suicide ganking has always worked, even before wardecs limitations. For loaded freighters and blinged ships this can always be done in an ISK-positive manner. When doing it for the lulz, even less is needed.

Likewise, the old, unstructured wardecs only worked, because the targets didn’t have the good sense to organize their groups outside of the game.

There’s no real reason for most high sec toons to be in player corps.
There’s also no real reason for suicide gankers to be in player corps.
Sites like Discord work better for organizing groups than the game does.

High sec structures will continue to go into separate corps (holding corps). The other corp benefits are marginal. NPC tax-rates only affects mission runners, barely.

Corps are just a UI convenience at this point. If Safety were smart, they’d just drop their various in-game corps, so they don’t automatically show up as reds on their targets’ overviews and locals.

This genie will never go back into the bottle again. I reckon a lot of old game changes can no longer be reverted in keeping with their effects. At this point the only question we should be asking is: does a proposal lead to more fun or to more busywork?

I formed a corps a long time ago called TaxFree001 to avoid the 11% NPC tax. Yeah, other than that there wasn’t much reason. Unless you were RvB and wanted mechanics to enable Blue and Red to shoot at each other in HiSec without any problems. But that whole thing is in the bit bucket now.

The designers and devs should have that as a banner on the wall.

1 Like

Surprise Buttsex

1 Like

it is an impossible task given that pvp and pve players have diverse views on what EVE should be. add to that the CCP lack of understanding of how the game is played and therefore make changes that make no sense to players, it is hard to please anyone these days.

Could we lock people in or break into other peoples houses? Could we kidnap people from their house?

Depends, are you the locomotive or the caboose? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I want a hard reset to 2010

2 Likes

I want a button, that when pressed, charges my account $5.00 and instantly kills whatever player I have targeted. Red boxed, or yellow box of impotence.

That would make me very happy.

That and/or another crate of festive fireworks and a festive launcher.

What would make me happy: 20 million SP and 10 billion isk.

Okay but everyone else gets those too. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Deal !!

1 Like

Both !

Im not selfish.

1 Like