What would happen if we double jump range?

Something like that would never get used. A polarized carrier has about the same EHP as a battleship. If you could swap it out before a fight then it might get used (caps get killed on move ops all the time anyways) but something locked in for any length of time won’t get used.

And as I have shown you, it’s not about that. It’s about other groups being in range. The problem with “everything being in range from Delve NPCnull” is that there are a great many groups outside of delve NPCnull. They don’t want to move that far. Because it sucks a donkey’s ass, balls, and cock all at the same time. Range is not an issue for people who have directly staged there. It is for everyone else - and this whole thread is about everyone else.

I’d choose to fly my cap any day of the week. I love it far more than any subcap. You might disagree, that’s your prerogative, but it’s an opinion and only an opinion.

One griffin will shut down one carrier. One scorpion will shut down two carriers. A falcon will shut down 1.5. You don’t need overwhelming numbers, you just need to approach the fight right.

I don’t know how many of what caps they brought, but I’d be shocked if 20 dudes in scorpions couldn’t shut down their entire carrier wing. That’s literally 40 carriers that you’ve just made 100% useless while you defang them with RHMLs. If they brought 60, then even your 20 scorps will still be utter chaos for their carrier wing, and your other 40 dudes in whatever doctrine they’re in will murder the remaining fighters long before they become a problem.

In short, the defenders need to stop being scrubs and learn how to adapt. If you can’t seem to figure out how to fight carriers, then you need to stop being a scrub and learn how to adapt too. It’s really not that hard.

1 Like

Then learn astrogeography because Delve is extremely isolated and you would have to triple the jump range to reach anything meaningful from Khanid, Aridia or Stain. If you do that just to be able to hit something in Delve from not within Delve, you have successfully wrecked the rest of the game because the rest of the game is not as isolated as Delve. Congratulations.

In short: Attackers in capitals need to stop being scrubs and learn how to adapt. You seem to be not able to figure out how to fly capitals considering that you adamantly claim they need any buffs when they are in fact already heavily used and wildly overpowered. They do not need to be more overpowered.

Out of these Scorps 10 will most likely never get a successful ECM cycle on a carrier because ECM is chance based and in no way reliable. That’s why few to none use them to do what you think they should be doing. May I suggest you test your wild ideas in a real scenario first and then tell us how it worked? Coincidentally I have a nice test scenario for you: In a couple of days the Snuffed Out Fortizar in Oijanen will exit hull RF. Go there with your Scorp wing and tell is how it works. :slight_smile:
And as a sidenote: You just obsoleted your carrier jump range bonus because those Scorps or Falcons would need to get bridged in via a Titan or BLOPs, which have lower range than your capitals. Congratulations on that feat.

By increasing range, you make move ops not suck. There’s still fatigay. The diference is that moving across the universe doesn’t take 6 hours, it takes 1 or 2. That’s slow enough that they won’t be able to crash a party, but fast enough that they’ll be able to stage for an op and not want to self destruct along the way.

I don’t have any issues fighting with my cap. I do adapt, I spend 6 hours flying across the universe when we decide to restage. Doesn’t mean it should be that way. Doesn’t mean it can’t be better. Doesn’t mean that this won’t mean more fights. You, on the other hand, seem to have a magnitude of issues.

I’m at work, I haven’t got a fitting tool to play with. I’d be more than willing to bet a T2 racial jammer will be enough to perma-jam a fighter. Edit: Only a nitwit tries to jam the carrier, you jam the fighters.

I do… frequently. We’ve defended lowsec highway citadels with nothing but 7 griffins and a dude in the seat from small carrier groups. Larger groups would be simply done, if we cared enough to ship battleships to them. Generally faster, cheaper, and easier to just drop a new citadel.

No, those scorps would need to be staged - like any other defensive battleship doctrine. They should be there before you need them, not when you need them. Falcons traveling by covert bridge makes it pretty easy to travel far and fast. While blops would have a lower range, they also have a 90% reduction in fatigay. So good job knowing Eve mechanics.

1 Like

Those are exactly the things CCP saw as a problem in the days of Slowcats and they are now even more of a problem because of the massive capital proliferation. Congratulations again on ruining EVE just so that you can suck less.

How do you want to stage these scorps in null sec or low sec or anywhere really that is in range of your capitals? Remember, your carriers can jump a lot further now than your titans can bridge.

You cannot bridge Griffins or Scorps with BLOPS and BLOPS only have a fat reduction of 75%. That’s a significant difference. :slight_smile: And you still made your capital jump range advantage obsolete by having to pre-move things in place, which is then potentially out of range of the actual action because it flared up in a different spot.

In essence: EVE further ruined for no gains or improvements to the capital cancer whatsoever. Those are my issues. these issues outweigh your inconveniences that you currently seem to experience because of lack of competence, and CCP at least agrees with me in so far as capital jump range was an issue back then that needed to be addressed. Nothing at all has changed that would justify a revision of that decision. in fact, everything capital related hes become a lot worse than it was back then.

No, they saw it a problem when people were moving across the universe in 20-30 mins. That was enough time to crash a fight. It’s not very often that you see a fight lasting 1-2 hours.

Here’s an amazing concept. They’re called jump freighters. When you’ve got something you want to defend, like forward staging, you ship your stuff there. Then when ■■■■ does down, your ■■■■’s already there to take the fight.

Griffins are frigates. Just fly them over.

Jump freighters when you anchor.

Confused them with JF, which have 90.

You’re conflating attackers and defenders. Attackers in caps ranging far and wide don’t have the luxury of pre-staging battleships (unless they suitcase them in SMBs). Defenders who may be affected by the now much more mobile capitals, on the other hand, should have had their ■■■■ staged a long time ago.

Once again, your opinion. One without objective proof.

Sigh…

1 Like

And you want to enable that with your completely overpowered capitals, in other words you want to spread capital cancer again. You also deliberately ignore historical facts and developments just so that you can have “fun” at the cost of everyone else and so that the cancer of the past can repeat itself just 100 times worse thanks to current capital numbers.

What about them? Do you want to jump them on the battlefield and unload the ships? JF are completely irrelevant to the fights that are, if you have your way, at the range of the capitals. Everything else has less range, including your screw you scorpion squad. JF have nothing at all do with what you want.

Every single tidi is cancer, soulcrushing lag, soulcrushing tidi post of the past is my proof. This is my proof:

What is your proof? You have none whatsoever for your outlandish claims.

No, as I very clearly said, 1-2 hour travel times are not fast enough to crash a fight. Learn to read.

Sigh…

What part of pre-staging your defensive assets is so hard for you to understand? It’s like I’m talking to a rock that’s below the average intelligence levels of other rocks.

And yet, I’d still choose to join the fight in my capital. That’s still not proof, it’s an opinion.

My proof is simple. Look at any of the latest keepstar fights. How many capitals did you see? Thousands? If people didn’t want to be there, if people didn’t want to fly what they were told to fly, you know what would happen? They wouldn’t log in. Instead they make the choice to log in and subject themselves to TiDi, because it’s what they want to do. There were so many capital pilots in those systems that we literally couldn’t fit any more in.

Guess what? People do not want to be there. They have to be there because the asset needs to be defended or attacked. There is very little choice what you want to do when your staging is under attack. Or the main staging of an ally. I have heard from more than enough people who do not want to be there and who, including myself, jumped out of this mess as soon as people were able to log back in after the first disconnect wave. Coincidentally, PL was among the first to leave the field from this super amazing capital fight for the hull timer. External factors certainly played a role in this, yet the sentiment about this X47 double fight, about the UALX fight, about 9-4, about B-R, about any of these big fights is always the same: Frustration and disappointment superseding awe and enjoyment.
Being forced to be at a place in a capital is different from wanting to be there. The majority of the people who were there were not there because they wanted to, and if they wanted to they were more than disappointed and sorely frustrated by how any of the fights there turned out and developed.

Congratulations, you ruined EVE further for everyone by making the capital cancer spread further. :tada:

Which parts of “massive difference between capital jump range” and “titan bridge range” do you not comprehend?

As a member of the group that just lost a keepstar in X47, I can tell you that in no way to I feel obligated to log in to defend it. I logged in to defend it because I wanted to. You don’t HAVE to do anything. This is a game. There’s a bazillion safety nets to keep you from being hurt by the loss of a citadel in kspace.

DDOS is a terrible thing. Has little to do with capitals though. The DDOS was why PL left… we all stood down because we couldn’t log in to fight.

You say you’ve heard from lots of people who didn’t want to be there. I have heard from lots of people who DID want to be there. Nobody likes TiDi, everyone likes a fight. Don’t conflate the two, TiDi is the result of too many people (yes, carriers exacerbate the issue, but that can be fixed without “deleting them”, and certainly has virtually no relation to your underlying hatred of capitals).

For you, maybe, not for everyone. I’d call that win-win.

Sigh. Fine. I’ll ■■■■■■■ spell it out for you.

• Alliance A anchors a new citadel in system XYZ.
  • Alliance A ships their defensive doctrines when it finishes anchoring.
  • Alliance B comes to attack it, alliance A travels in ceptors or JCs, ships into their defensive doctrine and kills the unsupported capitals from Alliance B.

You don’t need a titan bridge for defensive fleets. Even if you do, it’s already in YOUR space. You don’t need excessive ranges, because you’ve already got titans that can spread out for the 2-3 jumps you may or may not even need to make. ■■■■■■■ hell.

hey ol’ man, ya got ya own and personal @Mike_Voidstar in here. I’d applaud ya for that, but maybe it’d be better if i told ya that ya’rr just wastin’ energy ‘cause the guy above’s dismissin’ ya words before he’s even readin’ em.

I’ve read through like 90% of all posts. Ya idea’s great. It’s clear ya really know what ya’rr talkin’ about, unlike some other guys in here.

ol’ man, please tell me: how comes ya got so much experteese to put up for display?

ya be gettin’ a +1 from me, mate. it checks out!

Wait, which one am I supposed to be?

Please rephrase the question?

Depends, when you see a hole in the wall what is your first reaction? If it involves sticking something in and feeling for a pair of lips…

Then I’m an Old Pervert, or the guy the Old Pervert is getting?

I am afraid I’m lost in these woods.

You know, I hadn’t thought of it that way. Hmm. Which would be more perverted? Randomly sticking your dong in a hole hoping someone will give it a kiss, or randomly waiting at a hole in case someone will stick a dong in for a kiss.

I fear I will have to rely on your expertise in such a matter.

I really can’t say. I know which I would enjoy more, if it came to having to make that decision, but I am fairly certain that when I see a hole in the wall I wonder what kind of spider lives in it.

I will admit that the phrase ‘hole in the wall’ does not make me think of anything anywhere near dong size however, so that may be part of the issue.

When I went to bed this was about spaceships :confused:

1 Like

My bad, mate! I have no ■■■■■■■ clue what ya’rr doin’ in game and i’d like to know more about how it comes ya’rr knowin’ what ya’rr talkin’ about. Your experience in the game, mate. Ya seem to be knowin’ that ya idea is goin’ to work and i agree, but i wanna know how you know. That’s all, no ulterior motives involved.

Turns out Old Pervert really is a pervert. Who Knew?

In simple terms, my experience in Eve is as a nullsov line member. I participate in roams (blingy and T1 whelp doctrines), capitals, I run a Redeemer, and have a number of alts for a number of supporting purposes (FAX alt for example). I hate going into wormholes because I never fit probes, frequently consider myself to be a ping warrior (log in for ping, pew, log off), and generally just quietly do as I’m told by the bigwigs.

Trust me… you have no idea.

1 Like

Pointless. They’ve already massively reduced jump timers. And yet you want more? Sure, double jump range, but you can do so by adding a skill to do so, with triple the training time of JDC, requires JDC5, and roll jump timers back to their cancerous maximums.