What would you change in Eve if you could

Hello kitty ship skins. Or at least skins with brighter colors.

I know it would be hard to balance but I mean from the stand point of null sec VNI Ratting… using faction drones and or modules to increase DPS and tank would make even more unbalanced, but would the bonuses increase the price in the market to the point where would it be worth it? Like in the case of the Ishtar… a VNI is more cost effective! And hunting them becomes a lot better…

Eternus8lux8lucis1d
I agree with many of your points of view. They makes sense from a fun standpoint. LOS used to be a thing. I remember getting Concordonkken from a station due to my missile AOE splash damage that hit a station while engaging a war target in high sec, as well as weapons not hitting NPCs or players through asteroids.

The issue with LOS issues is its another calculation. Unfortunately thats really it. But trust me I would love terrain and more issues than just N+1 in the equation. Goons Wrecking Balls proved how deadly and stagnant that sort of gameplay can be in massive fleet fights.

You mention Rooks and Kings, RnKs revolutionized warfare in Eve in a large way. Their videos are immortalized for capsuleers everywhere to this day. ( PS this is a plug if people havent seen them, theya re awesome!!) Yet unfortunately such innovation is hard to do without everyone jumping on the bandwagon in a hurry. If you cant beat them join them comes to mind.

The real question is if CCP wants to create it or just cater to status quo in the future. But I hear ya loud and clear.:smiling_imp:

Back in the day, sure, but technology is constantly moving forward. There is plenty of room for the extra calculations now unless the engineering teams majorly screw up on hardware and networking. Data storage likewise, the volume of an average drive is increasing at a great pace.

Client side this game requires extremely low resources, even when played on high-highest range settings on 2k and 4k displays. Eve consumes literally a fraction of what my current system can do when compared to other MMOs I play, which are BTW action oriented, thus require a really good connection and fast response and they don’t use 1 second ticks. One uses 250 ms ticks, the other doesn’t use any, its a constant live stream and reply. If I can do this on client side because of how things progressed, surely server side has progressed at least half as much which would be enough to do what is needed.

The real work is all software and simple plain willingness. The engine would need to be seriously upgraded for this then it needs to go from there. It would be a lot of dev time, most of programming, perhaps some animation / art work.

Planetary interaction should be more immersive or more interactive. Personally, I want Dust back and I want to be able to land my Iteron 5 on a planet to fight off some pirates and pick up my PI. I know that in many ways that may conflict with the gameplay of EVE itself. But a more immersive and interactive universe is what we’re lacking. Stations look like a wrapped wallpaper, hundreds of developer created content gets ignored because it shows up in your Local channel, and nobody knows anything about the Lore or the stories that represent thousands of hours of artists and developers work and effort. They should dig up some of that crap, give us some characters to get behind.

3 Likes

Limit wardecs.
Limit blues.
Allow carriers/faux/dread in hisec but can only attack war targets or npc rats.

Add 4x research and development of modules and ships.
Add Rogue Sleeper Drone Hive you control to auto mine a belt for you; passive mineral income
Add teams again for manufacturing and research
Add more corp/allaince bookmarks and less player bookmarks as a trade off
Add PI Colonies and use the new Dust/Legion FPS to control/capture PI Mines/Factories
Add WIS with Corp/Alliance Store fronts to sell custom 4x designed ships/modules
Add Staff lead RP Story Events in game
Add Pirate Faction Warfare
Move Faction Warfare to highsec

1 Like
  1. i would remove the fozziesov mechanic.
  2. remove Citadel, cuz they only turn new eden in a safe pve map

Yes the system requirements are low but the calculations in combat skyrocket with people. This is a reason why countries and militaries use entire floors worth of super computers to crunch numbers. So adding more computations to this list wont improve performance but degrade it.

Travelling Salesman Problem

This is what you run into calculations wise. Cheers.

1 Like

I would change space ships from not having space horns for space honking to having space horns for space honking.

3 Likes

This improvement is so necessary that it’s the first and best idea I’ve read in this thread. Make it happen!

3 Likes

yes force people to do more together.

followed by a way to keep an entire galaxy of alliance from bluing and farming.

No matter what we all have more then enough to explode (for some crazies nothing is enough), we have tons of ships so not that, we have a universe that’s pretty big, and no matter what crazies say there are tons of PVP to be had (problem is they want it on their terms so they can have the advantage).

What this game needs is NPC’s who don’t act or are obvious NPC’s, such as miners, haulers, pvp’er (AI), this way the gankers will think the blew up a real player so they can rub their pants in awkward moments while listening to Ludwig van Beethoven’s 9th Symphony 2nd Movement

Also more planet interaction such as playing space trucker/trader by bringing food stuff, etc, commodities, to planets with hungry, hungry hippos who never get fed, so many populated planets and no food deliveries.

1 Like

How about a cloaking device for local chat?

1. I would make cloaking last for only 3 hours. This would then make more people active, as another ship would have to warp in and cloak to cover the system. This would enable a more strategic style of game play.

2. I would have every subscription player get 500 Million every month.

3. Restructuring the game play to allow for new corporations to invade null sec.

4. Having high sec a more of a nurturing place for the development of new player corporations.
    Where the corporation can build up and develop the fire power it needs for WAR in null sec.

5. Having open wars between null sec and high sec and low sec.
    Megalomania seems to fit in with this. Perhaps a new skill, Megalomaniac. Makes all with this skill immune to Concord and security intervention when actively at war. Awesome. Watch out miners. LOL.

6. Make the rewards of winning a battle worth the effort put in.

7. Having quests that relate to items dropped from mission ships. Like adventure, treasure maps, clues to some place that is strange and has boosts for players, over and above skills and items on the market.
    AND that is not in Null Sec, that is swarmed with hundreds of war mongering players out to kill any interloper, (That would just be stupid).

8. Make player corporations have massive boosts in processing ore and manufacturing. The more players in a corporation then the higher the corporation boost. This would invigorate the war machine in EVE. Awesome.

9. Battle Ships should have much higher normal defenses of armor and shields than at present. After all a battle ship is a battle ship.

10. Have planets produce food. Farming on massive planet scale. Ships should need a supply of food every month. The food either get from market or grown by the corporation. Only corporations can have farms. But all ships that are used need food. A corporation can set this up from a supplier on a regular bases through the corporation wallet. Or just regular supply from the corporation station store room.

Some rare, and expensive food give the crew a boost for ship mobility and operations. A well fed crew works better.

Just a few things I would add to EVE.

1 Like

WTF
Oh wait - Pay2Win, then, yes?
And watch people complain about this new ISK faucet (that is totally against CCP’s interests as near as I can tell, btw - but I haven’t thought it through deeply, tbh), and perhaps further inflation.

+1
I like this one quite a lot. :slight_smile:

No. Instead of “invigorating the war machine”, I see this making the economy even more closed and impenetrable, pushing out the solo or small operations entirely (they already have a hard enough time!) and promoting monopolistic power blocs (which already dominate to an, IMO, unhealthy degree.) When economies develop in directions that stifle small business, the results are reduced competitiveness in the market, and the man-on-the-street suffers.

Some of this perhaps yes, but the problem here is again the further monopolization of the economy by large entities. However, since solo players can form their own corporations, might be OK so long as the previous point isn’t implemented (although there are then WarDec-based implications to consider.)

1 Like

These two things cannot be at the same time

1 Like

Caldari pilots should be able to fly Caldari ships better that any other race and the same for the other races and their ships. Caldari pilots should have a ‘home field’ advantage in Caldari space, such as taxes and other expenses related to industry etc. Make a players race have meaning and benefit.

War decs are totally out of control! Lazy players sit in pipelines and war dec corps that pass through enroute to trade hubs hoping to catch players unaware. What is the point? When war dec’d you simply don’t travel to trade hubs. Or you fly an alt in a different corp until that corp is war dec’d. Nobody actually hunts other player corps because there are no longer any tools. Bring back watch lists!
Weren’t you supposed to make ‘locator agents’ actually give intel on opponents? Limit the number of war dec’s and make a war dec mean something!

The ‘mission creep’ of Alpha players is ridiculous! Each week Alpha players are gaining more and more benefits and ships! When will that stop? When I started playing Eve in 2003 you had to work to earn a battleship. Now you just buy Plex to get what you need. This will never change because it is a major source of income for CCP. What is missing is any personal investment and no sense of value or loss.

They just need to actually “FINISH” one of their old ideas.

2 Likes

Watch lists or “stalker lists” were a horrible mechanic to begin with. If you cant find people without one it is a testament to your laziness.

4 Likes

I think CCP should really wake up from the “players just want spaceships” mentality. This limits the game’s audience.

Instead, they should develop on the now discontinued walking in stations, and build on human interactions and the general experience of a space fantasy. This is what attracts players and grows the business. All the latest RPG, FPS games get it and Fallout 4 is fantastic on that.

Imagine you can actually interact with NPCs in person: chatting with them, flirting with them, and angrily cursing them when they sent you to suicide missions. Imagine when players can actually interact in stations like that, and, in space, captains talk to each other like in Star Trek.

This does not even need any creativity. Just do what Fallout 4 does and copy that framework.

7 Likes